test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - FEBRUARY 25, 2016

13»

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the new characters made over this last week will need to be wiped in order to bring back the old ones.

Sorry about this! We'd been planning to merge the databases, but it turned out to not be possible. If we'd known ahead of time that this week of effort would be lost, we'd have let you know ahead of time.

The good news is, you can copy characters again!

The bad news is that we built an entire tribble test fleet, fully stocked, all holdings complete, and now it's gone as the new characters that built it no longer exist.

Many of it's members have provided you feedback in the forums (even some in this thread). I've gotten numerous inquiries from people that want to rejoin for testing purposes. All I can tell them is that it's gone, and am starting from scratch, time permitting.

That was many hours of hard work by lots of people you erased... and we were trying to help.

there's already an official tribble test fleet that's been there since S6 days, if not longer, and already maxed out...you wasted time, alright, but not because those characters were wiped​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Unfortunately, the new characters made over this last week will need to be wiped in order to bring back the old ones.

Sorry about this! We'd been planning to merge the databases, but it turned out to not be possible. If we'd known ahead of time that this week of effort would be lost, we'd have let you know ahead of time.

The good news is, you can copy characters again!

The bad news is that we built an entire tribble test fleet, fully stocked, all holdings complete, and now it's gone as the new characters that built it no longer exist.

Many of it's members have provided you feedback in the forums (even some in this thread). I've gotten numerous inquiries from people that want to rejoin for testing purposes. All I can tell them is that it's gone, and am starting from scratch, time permitting.

That was many hours of hard work by lots of people you erased... and we were trying to help.

there's already an official tribble test fleet that's been there since S6 days, if not longer, and already maxed out...you wasted time, alright, but not because those characters were wiped​​

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make but yes, I was aware of the existence of said fleet but not it's name. There are others as well.

If you could post the official fleet's name and (if you're a member) whether or not it's maxed out membership wise that would be a great help to a lot of people.

Thanks!

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i don't since i'm not a member of it; i know @lucho80 was trying to get into it a few days ago - he might know what it is, or if not him, i'm sure there's someone currently perusing this thread who either knows the name of it or is a member

i could hazard a guess as to the name of the fleet though, as it's likely Tribble Test Fleet; if you know how to search for fleets ingame, you can try plugging that in and see if anything pops up​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    i don't since i'm not a member of it; i know @lucho80 was trying to get into it a few days ago - he might know what it is, or if not him, i'm sure there's someone currently perusing this thread who either knows the name of it or is a member

i could hazard a guess as to the name of the fleet though, as it's likely Tribble Test Fleet; if you know how to search for fleets ingame, you can try plugging that in and see if anything pops up​​

It was me. i was in said fleet on Wednesday, and I know my main PvP toon was in it earlier in the year. All I know is, i have no toons in said fleet nor did see toons yesterday in Drozana that are members of said test fleet.
    lucho80 wrote: »

It was me. i was in said fleet on Wednesday, and I know my main PvP toon was in it earlier in the year. All I know is, i have no toons in said fleet nor did see toons yesterday in Drozana that are members of said test fleet.

We were in the same fleet, you had a tribble created test toon in it. After seeing your name I promoted you, your expertise in various parts of the game being so well known. It's now either changed names or is hidden from fleet search. If said test fleet was around earlier in the year it couldn't have been recently created then destroyed with the server wipe.

Said test fleets name at the time was "tribble test" (posted as a rank 6 member and the guy at the top of most of the leader boards).

A fleet search turned up a few others. I'm sure I'm not the only one of 100 members scratching my head...

Happy testing :)

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    "Flanking Angle" Ground Unlock has been removed and replaced with a "Flanking Damage" Ground Unlock, which increases the damage your weapons deal on a successful Flank.

Was this really necessary? Don't we have enough Flank bonuses already?​​
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

lucho80 wrote: »

We were in the same fleet, you had a tribble created test toon in it. After seeing your name I promoted you, your expertise in various parts of the game being so well known. It's now either changed names or is hidden from fleet search. If said test fleet was around earlier in the year it couldn't have been recently created then destroyed with the server wipe.

Said test fleets name at the time was "tribble test" (posted as a rank 6 member and the guy at the top of most of the leader boards).

A fleet search turned up a few others. I'm sure I'm not the only one of 100 members scratching my head...

Happy testing :)

Still looking for any information on the above tribble test fleet, the majority of it's members having gotten wiped during Feb 25th maintenance.

Would have to agree with you 100% about the wasted time bit. Just got a confirmation that said fleet was created, completed, then wiped during the time only test toons were allowed on tribble.

Good for a laugh... everybody gets an "A" for enthusiasm & teamwork, and perhaps a lower mark for bad timing (plus sore fingers from all that speed clicking on project items).