test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proposal - Particle Traces for Doff/Admiralty and FE Rewards

In another thread I asked how people did with the Omega mini-game.

While reading through, I realized many may not have been playing on equal footing.

Some had lag problems and could not make good use of the mini-game, rendering it almost pointless to collect more then their daily requirement for the ship.
Some could not get "good" at the game, rendering it pointless for them.
Some just found it out right boring, and couldn't be bothered.

During the Anniversary Event, I think it would benefit everyone if Particle Traces were given out as rewards for Doff/Admiralty and Featured Episode weekly replays.

Much like the Winter Event, where you can do doff assignments for "Ornaments" at ESD/Academy and Q's Winter Wonderland.

Except for the anniversary, it would be Particle traces of varying quality.

They could then add in 1 or 2 daily admiralty assignments that would award traces. + Weekly Replays of the featured episode would yield 100 of each color.

In this way, the players who couldn't make use of the mini-game for whatever reason could then just run these assignments and end the event with more then a handful of Tech Upgrades.
This would also allow those who find it a boring task to do other things, while not missing out.
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    While an interesting idea, it totally missies the point that They (Cryptic) want the player base to actually have to "work" (as in put a Whole Bunch Of Effort) to acquire those things that lead to Great-Big-Shiny-Freebies.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    While an interesting idea, it totally missies the point that They (Cryptic) want the player base to actually have to "work" (as in put a Whole Bunch Of Effort) to acquire those things that lead to Great-Big-Shiny-Freebies.
    B)

This is true. I just feel bad for people who couldn't use the system.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Honestly, I would just make it a Very Rare assignment under the Science/Exploration category for Doffing.

Success=trace(s), Critical Success=Shards/Fragments.

That way, they still get their metrics for people logging in to check out sectors, and people having a chance at finding that Very Rare assignment.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)

This is true. I just feel bad for people who couldn't use the system.

I actually suk at the Omega Trace mini-game (best # I ever got was 800, most times it was around 600), but I managed to get the Freebie ship all the same.
    And I didn't really have to kill myself to do it.
    So while I applaud your initiative, it's pretty obvious that They are probably not looking for ways to simplify the process.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yes this would be a nice idea. Even if it only serves to promote the doff system during the event or get people out going round the sectors searching for assignments or checking every few hours for assignments that gave ended.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    As someone who despises the minigame, I certainly appreciate the idea. As people have said, however, Cryptic probably prefers that people feel forced to do a tedious mini game, so that not everyone is running around with souped up equipment.

Your ideas definitely have merit, but I'm afraid I don't see Cryptic even giving them a single thought, unfortunately. :(
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"