test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Starfleet Security Files [SSF]

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    rangerryu wrote: »
    Trident, Part 1 is ready for its first release. That said we can't publish right now so...sock puppet version?

Shadow Puppets please.

I've got one better. Instead of the new episode tonight here is...

A 1990 Top Gear review of the Yugo Sana...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gi4XLM6sE

...the House Atreides cinematics for Emperor: Battle for Dune (starring Michael Dorn)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-4O-4llNk

...and a picture of a baby duck.
    baby-duck.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited January 2016
    Still bored (baby duck didn't help), so I'm going to run with the Trident release blurb. It's not actually out yet, just waiting on a fix for publishing in the Foundry, but when it does I'll be slightly ahead. :tongue:

Trident is the first part of a new mission set. Part 1 is the first part of the mission with part 2 is the second part of the mission. That'll be released as soon I make it. Anyway, Trident, part 1 has you taking part in an expedition to a thing with one or more Starfleet officers. He/they tell you things about the place. You may also encounter one or more local aliens to accompany you through the mission.

It's a long mission with a lot of optional stuff. That takes the form of background dialog (describing the setting and characters), conversational dialog (typical SSF stuff), and other activities to flush out the characters and settings. Combat is balanced on the lighter side at the moment, pending holodeck playtests and to focus on exploration.

Speaking of, this mission will be my first for the Foundry Exploration Initiative. The current start point is the Archer System and it'll get the corresponding [3 character tag] once that's decided on. I also provisionally refer to the in-universe exploration project as "the Alliance Exploration Initiative" (without specific mention to the Starbase, yet.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited January 2016
    I think it's time for the news.

And it's good news, I have officially run out of minor things to tweak in Trident while waiting for publishing to return. The last thing was characters, some got revamps (and Burke got hair [edit, and lost it again]) so here's a final look at the 2nd of the 4 new mains.
    CZlZ-H3WcAApfpt.jpg

That leaves my two open projects: Trident Part 2 and Refraction. I'm looking at finishing Refraction first (the ideas I have for part 2 could use time to incubate and hatch into healthy narrative lizards.) But given Refraction's one map design it shouldn't long for Trident to have its thrilling continuation.

From then on I think I'm going to alternate between SSF-i and SSF-E. SSF-E has its next mission in mind and I'm working through a couple ideas for the next SSF-i too (I said I wasn't going to do this, but a story idea has come up for explaining what the hell is up with Haasra and I really can't pass that one up.)

I'll start showing off Refraction when I have more than just a floor plan down.
    edited January 2016
    Trident, Part 1 has been published and confirmed playable. :D

CZ6SobXWIAADSgC.jpg
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Man, I gotta set some time aside to play all this stuff. Between yours and the Photonomy series, I may get to all this by the time Star Wars Ep 8 comes out.
    khreg wrote: »
    Man, I gotta set some time aside to play all this stuff. Between yours and the Photonomy series, I may get to all this by the time Star Wars Ep 8 comes out.

9, I've got a stand-alone exploration mission in the works for the foundry thing that's not related to SSF.

Details to come after I've released it. :P
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    khreg wrote: »

I can relate to this. I can very much relate to this.

9, I've got a stand-alone exploration mission in the works for the foundry thing that's not related to SSF.
    Details to come after I've released it. :P

:open_mouth:

Industrious one you are. I'm starting to feel lazy in comparison. :neutral:

Industrious one you are. I'm starting to feel lazy in comparison. :neutral:

Oh, I'm just getting more efficient. :P
    edited February 2016
    Just a little SSF update while I kill some work downtime. :tongue:

[Foundry] work is currently focused on the non-SSF thing, Eons [AEI], which I expect to get done sometime in the next couple weeks. After that, Trident, part 2. Then, well it might be the aforementioned SSF non-combat presequel: Refraction but between then and now I may end up taking on some other story idea. We'll just have to see.

In the meantime, my current mission list consists of Gemini, Polarity, Entropy, Continuity, and Trident, Part 1 [AEI]. If you've missed any in the mad rush of my time in the foundry now would probably be a good time to visit them (more is coming). :)
    I has a thing, a new story primer for Trident Part 2, and another thing which I've decided not to make the subject of a full episode at this time (too many things to work on first before I get around to it.) More specifically, it's the other big secret the SSF series (and something I want to get out there now for AEI stuff.)

So yeah, here's the thing.
    “He wants what?”
    “Enough explosives to split a small moon, and level 4 encryption breaking algorithms.”
    “…are we sure Itrex isn’t planning on leading an insurrection?”
    “He says it isn’t for him.”
    V’Kan looked up. Ji’Goro looked sardonic.
    “But it is Itrex.”
    “Fine, where does he want it?”
    “We’ll rendezvous with the D.C.V. Recursive just outside the Archer System. Captain Mercer says he won’t notice what we’re doing.”
    “I’ll send the order to the helm.”
    V’kan waited.
    “And the other thing, Ji’Goro?”
    “…I…I haven’t talked to him.”
    “Cetsa…”
    “I’m fine, Graves. Really, I haven’t had a relapse since…”
    “Cetsa, we’ll be there, in system, with plenty of downtime after we make the transfer to the Dyson Joint Command.”
    “I don’t know what to say…”
    “Just talk to him.”
    “But what if he doesn’t think that I’m…”
    “Cetsa, he was there for you on Iffar, Andoria, Chalgrathi, Mars. He doesn’t see you as just her clone.”
    “After what happened to Vella he may not want to…”
    “Do you think he wants to lose you too?”
    Both were silent for a moment.
    “You don’t have to face this alone.”
    Ji’Goro was still silent.
    “You need that transplant.”
    “Promise you’ll be there too?”
    “Yeah, I promise. He may be your father but he is still Haasra.”
    edited February 2016
    There are things afoot, update time!

I've been of the opinion for a while that the FED version of Continuity could have been a much better mission and I finally figured out what exactly was bothering me about that mission. Work therefore is underway on a revamp. I've taken Continuity [FED] down in the meantime (if anyone wants to "finish" SSF while I work on this the KDF version is perfectly fine and isn't going anywhere). Here's a list on what I'm working on or planning for it ATM.
    • Revamping/replacing ~75% of the mission dialog.
    • Changing objectives
    • Changing characters used (does not affect cameos)
    • Changing the ending, midpoint
    • Removing the climax space battle sequence (already a very long mission, wasn't necessary)
    • Adding some new optional dialog (have to with new stuff, more focus on SSF characters)

The point of all this, apart from simply making a better working mission from a FED POV, is to remove a writing block I've had for moving forward with the old SSF stuff (will see what I mean if you play Continuity 2.0). That'll be resolved, so guess what's coming after that? That's right, another true SSF mission. The working title for that is Eternity [SSF]. I'm just starting to play with character/setting ideas but the one thing that I can say for certain is that it will feature one returning SSF character (Ji'Goro) and a significant incursion by an alien power into FED space.

And by that, I mean the Conclave (from Polarity) take a Federation world. Good luck convincing them to leave! :p

I'll get more into that after Trident, Part 2 is finished and released (update on that: going great).
    edited February 2016
    So the Continuity revamp is done, I'm just going to test out one combat section then hit publish. All of the remaining bullet points above I successfully completed and now the mission is very different. How so? Well, normally I wouldn't wish to spoil but for a revamp to a mission quite a few of you have already played I'll provide the basic details below.
    I changed who dies at the mission midpoint, it's now V'kan/Graves.

So imagine how the mission takes shape after that point and there you have what I just worked on. I changed a few other things around too, the villains are involved more and the method of discovery is less of a convenience. But the big one is changing the character the big tragic thing happens to.

There's going to be some follow up, the sequel to this is definitely happening after work is finished on Trident, Part 2. But, I wouldn't say it's going to take the same shape as other ST sequels to movies with tragic endings.

So, the FED version of Continuity will be back up very soon (if it isn't already by the time you read this.) I don't know if "enjoy" is going to be the right word, but you know what I mean. :P
    edited March 2016
    Updated the OP and provided a link up there for a google drive folder of character sliders (for any and all uses, I have had a few requests for a Ji'Goro boff :p). I'll be updating that with more soon, and if at any point you'd like me to throw any other characters out there let me know. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyGn-YYxuDHMzU0Q3VBRGlwcjQ

And just a little background on just what versions of these characters are included...

Bailey - Trident
    Ch'that - Entropy
    Dr. Burke - Trident
    Eith - Eons
    Haasra - Trident/Alliance Exploration Initiative
    Ibi Guard / Generic male ibi - Gemini
    Itrex - Gemini (promote to Commander for current version)
    Ji'Goro - SSF Season 2 (upcoming)
    Ross - SSF Season 2 (upcoming)

Also, while I'm at it there's one other bit of small SSF news:

I'm organizing current and future SSF episodes into seasons. The current SSF missions (Gemini through Continuity [FED]) will comprise "season 1" and what I have planned after Trident will comprise "season 2." The first mission of SSF-S2 is going to be the sequel to the new version of Continuity (remember, different ending now) and after that I'll have that in-developed pre-sequel: Refraction (ha ha, I still see I have that in the project list :P) retooled as as the second episode of this new season. More to follow then, but that's all I got for now. :P
  • evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    I've got one to add to the queue. I've got some positive overall feedback on the KDF version but I'm still very concerned about mission structure, comprehensibility, and how this works now from a FED perspective. Detailed analysis would help quite a lot in deciding if/what I need to revamp. :)

Title: Continuity [FED]
    Author: Gorogonops
    Minimum Level: 31+
    Faction: FED
    Project ID: ST-HD9U5NXYP
    Door: Boreth System
    Estimated Length: ~60-90min
    In review tab

Description:

Violence and diplomacy go tragically hand in hand in this, the finale of the SSF series. Trade is but a prelude to darker dealings that threaten the core of a society and all that one knows and loves. All may not be lost though if some have the courage to act. Join with General V'kan, defend a strange new world, and safe a people from themselves.

Continuity is a long, story focused mission with combat, optional dialog, and optional objectives. Completion of previous missions is not required, but is recommended. (note here: I can provide very brief summary if it would be helpful)
    v1.01

Federation Mission - Continuity [FED]
    Author: Gorogonops
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST-HD9U5NXYP

Report Start

Summary: This is an excellent mission with outstanding map designs, tough but fun battles and great story dialogue. I was riveted to the story throughout and did not notice the length at all. I would highly recommend this mission to other players who enjoy a great story line combined with outstanding maps and challenging battles. You will enjoy this mission.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description that draws the player in and makes them want to click the 'Hail' button. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is good grant dialogue with a well written story to draw the player in and makes them want to 'Accept' the mission. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "now I'm privilaged to call you warrior" to read "now I'm privileged to call you warrior"

Mission Task: The initial mission task appears to be misspelled. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "Pilgrm" to read "Pilgrim".

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Boreth: This is a great map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The Attendant dialogue, consider changing "respect to the monestary" to read "respect to the monastery".
    -Consider changing the response button "I meant no disrespect, we are unfamiliar with monestary protocols" to read "I meant no disrespect, we are unfamiliar with monastery protocols".

Iffar - Arrival: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Iffar - Resort: This is an excellent map design with good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -During the task "Meet V'kan's Contacts" you should add Cetsa and V'kan characters to the group.
    -Consider adding popup dialogue to one or more of the "Scan information terminals" tasks. It will help the story feel more dynamic.

Iffar - Y'ret Station: This is an outstanding map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Iffar - Attacked: This is a great map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Rijar - Approach: This is a good map design with challenging battles and well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The dialogue with the colonial governor, consider changing "Your fiend may help explain the situation" to read "Your friend may help explain the situation".

Rijar - Landing: This is an excellent map design with tough but fun combat and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The optional object interactions buttons have the default "Interact" label and should be changed to something appropriate to the interaction. For example, "Read" or "Access console".

Iffar - Complex: This is a great map design with very well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The meet with Administrators dialogue; consider changing "Murder, assult, theft, extortion" to read "Murder, assault, theft and extortion".

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This is an outstanding mission that I really enjoyed playing and reviewing. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 3/1/2016 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
    edited March 2016
    Thank you so much! I'll grab my typo/grammar hunting rifle soon and have a crack at finishing off those details. :) (which I agree with for the most part, the only thing I don't think I can change is the "interact" prompt. As far as I'm aware optional dialog tied to objects forces that option, I think you can only change the prompt through mission objectives.)
    Thank you so much! I'll grab my typo/grammar hunting rifle soon and have a crack at finishing off those details. :) (which I agree with for the most part, the only thing I don't think I can change is the "interact" prompt.

Hi DuncanIdaho11,

As always I am happy to help.
    As far as I'm aware optional dialog tied to objects forces that option, I think you can only change the prompt through mission objectives.)

This is a repost of a helpful hint I posted in my review form posting. For your particular issue this is how you can fix it.

In the Foundry, since you have already attached the popup dialogue to that console do the following;
    1. On the map editor click on the console you used for the popup dialogue regarding prisoner information.
    2. In the fields at the bottom of the screen the tab Triggers should be available. Click on that tab.
    3. In that tab there is a field labeled Interact Text that will have Interact filled in by default.
    4. Change the Interact Text field to Access Console or something along those lines.

Make sure you save your work and republish. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    evil70th wrote: »

In the Foundry, since you have already attached the popup dialogue to that console do the following;
    1. On the map editor click on the console you used for the popup dialogue regarding prisoner information.
    2. In the fields at the bottom of the screen the tab Triggers should be available. Click on that tab.
    3. In that tab there is a field labeled Interact Text that will have Interact filled in by default.
    4. Change the Interact Text field to Access Console or something along those lines.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

Hmmmm, it's the triggers tab I'm missing. I got it, I've been using the "has default prompt" option to add dialog to objects. Popup dialog with a "component completed" state transition will let me specify the interaction prompt. Thanks!
    evil70th wrote: »

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

Hmmmm, it's the triggers tab I'm missing. I got it, I've been using the "has default prompt" option to add dialog to objects. Popup dialog with a "component completed" state transition will let me specify the interaction prompt. Thanks!

That's it. Glad I could help.

Brian
    edited March 2016
    Because I'm fairly certain at this point this is going to be my long term project in the foundry here's the episode list for the second season of the SSF. Everything is subject to wild changes in direction at my whim. :P
    1. Echoes
      A hostile alien faction has occupied a Federation world (Donia). Guess who Starfleet has called to rectify this significant interspecies misunderstanding?
    2. Refraction
      Business dealings are interrupted by murder. Mystery, mystery, blah blah blah. That's as much as you're getting for now. :P
    3. Synthesis
      The Enigma episode. Things happen.
    4. Name pending
    5. Epoch
      The big season finale. Notice how I use a name that begins with E and represents a large unit of time. :P
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Got "Entropy" in my sights, but I think I wanna play "Eons" first. Something about that image just grabs me.
    Added Pim (Trident) and Temple (Polarity, AEI nomination) to the SSF character slider bucket.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyGn-YYxuDHMzU0Q3VBRGlwcjQ
    So I'll be on vacation next week which means a contiguous 9 days or so of no foundry work (the horror!)

The plan is to finish Trident, part 2 sometime there after and hopefully before the AEI foundry challenge. I'm not sure how this will sync up with any 11.5 downtime but if I end up with a completed Tp2 and only a week to go before the launch of that update I'll probably wait to publish after everything comes back online (time to think and less to worry about.)

Things are looking good so far (almost all of the main mission dialog/content is in, just working on extra scenery, space battles, and optional dialog now). This will definitely be a conclusion but you may see a few of the characters stick around for SSF season 2. :P
    edited March 2016
    I've been posting a few Trident, Part 2 WIP screenshot on twitter...and just realized that not everyone here is on there. So to be sure no one is left behind with this one (part 1 reference, not sure that was meant to be humorous or no) here's what I've been working on.
    CdwUbfwW0AA7gT0.jpg
    Cdh881LUsAA3Rel.jpg
    Cdh-8YTUkAAYdzx.jpg

And here's a couple from very preliminary work on the first episode of SSF season 2
    Cc5mLBpUAAI54bq.jpg
    Cc5mLBqUMAAox_n.jpg
    Cdors99VAAALGbr.jpg
    edited March 2016
    So with a now functional travel PC and some hotel downtime (for those not aware I'm on vacation ATM) I was able to bang out a "foundry withdrawal" story primer for...well I'm not sure at the moment but it's going to be involving at some point a new Romulan character. This isn't directly leading up to anything, just playing around with a character idea that I'll be looking an honing for future projects. More may follow, I'm just working on stuff like this as the mood takes me, but here's some reading if you want to indulge my indulgence. :P

[spoiler]
    “You’re awake”
    Romulan Senator Ronho Ghir jerked. His hands and legs were bound to one of an ornately carved dining chairs, one of a set he had bought for his imperial apartment. He sat in the middle of his lounge, facing the balcony window. In the evening light all he could see was the silhouette of a man leaning out.
    “There wasn’t much time to recruit good people. What I had left, well let’s just say they aren’t familiar with Romulan physiology.”
    Ghir sat silent.
    “Are you feeling alright?”
    “What do you want?”
    “Not much.”
    Ghir tried to make out more of the man’s outline. The ears stood out against the sunset.
    “Republic.”
    “Hmmm?”
    “You’re one of D’tan’s rebels.”
    “I’m no one’s rebel.” The stranger turned to face Ghir, still a shadow against the light. “Where’d you send them?”
    “Who?”
    The stranger fired. A plasma bolt screamed past the senator. From behind him came the sound of splintering woodwork. A free chair leg plonked against the marble floor.
    “From here I have line of sight on another one of those gaudy things. After that I’ve got to settle for what’s in front of me.”
    “I wasn’t informed of the details.”
    “I’m sure you weren’t.” The stranger fired again. A burning splinter came past to land on the marble in front of Ghir.
    “Nimbus”
    “Really?”
    “Who’d notice?”
    “The Orions”
    Ghir waited. The stranger remained as he was.
    “Three hundred and fifty two people. Three hundred and fifty two people just trying to make a life for themselves.”
    “Unlawfully.”
    “Unlawfully taken, the Romulan Imperium annexed that world but a few months ago. It was a Dutali colony for quite some time before you took interest in its Kemocite deposits.”
    “What relationship does the Republic have with the Dutali Duchy?”
    “We’re neighbors, that’s all. The matter was brought up at a reception diner and I decided to take an interest in it.”
    Ghir stated, the stranger interrupted “I just happened to be listening.”
    The silence stretched out in time with the growing darkness.
    “I don’t like being in this position. Whatever I do now is just so much noise against the universe.”
    Ghir waited.
    “A servant will be up shortly to deliver a note. It’s just some names, peers of yours. They were hoping I going to leave here tonight with one more chair in ruins.”
    The stranger leaned sidewise. A plasma bolt screeched past Ghir.
    “Sorry, I was just able to make another one out.”
    “Are you quite finished?”
    “I suppose so.”
    The stranger strode past in shadow. On his way out came the cacophonous sound of dining room destruction.
    He yelled back “redecorating will help take your mind off things.”
    The door closed, and Ghir could only reflect on the city in twilight.
    [/spoiler]

Just a note, forum isn't liking my spoiler tags ATM, it seems on this post only I don't have any advanced formatting options. Oh well, he's a text block!
    edited April 2016
    New story primer for Epitaph, and new romulan character.
    Palhal Tweg sat back. From a creaking wooden chair the old Gavarite regarded the grungy walls of alcove 35 of Grastok depot with pride. They defined his space, his life, within the fading promenade from which his fingers stretched out into a mighty domain. He saw outside a smoking Rigelian eatery. From around the corner he could just make out the hum the hopeful Talaxian and his isolinear reprocessor. And down the way he knew that an obstreperous Tholian tailor brought into the fading light finely tempered garments of radiant splendor that perhaps equaled, but did not exceed, Palhal’s own creations.

His eyes fell to the task at hand. After a moment, his hand found the precise instrument for beauty to be wrought. With the other he steadied his medium, his divine in potential. With a master’s concentration, he brought the hammer down. A hatch flew open on the ruined manifold.

“Not much to look at,” came a voice.
    Palhal turned, “Zacius, my boy!”
    “Hello Palhal.”
    “No, I’m afraid it isn’t,” said a rotating Palhal. “This came from a TY-55 Nyberite Runner that I came by in the usual way.”
    “Right, and the Ferengi didn’t know what he was giving away?”
    “They never do.”

Palhal laid the hammer down on the dusty bench. Both he and the chair groaned as Pahlhal rose to embrace the welcome intruder into his domain. Zacius gave him a familial pat on the back. Ritual complete, they took accompanying chairs.

“How’s life?” said Palhal in the welcome pattern.
    “The same,” followed Zacius. “That Antedean Corsair was a fine job.”
    From his chair Palhal took an indulgently theatrical bow.
    “I did manage to save something of it though.” Zacius produced an engraved plate from his pack. Palhal took it and delicately ran his hand across gilded surface.
    He mused, “the Antedeans are a cynical people. They don’t cherish much but their soul shows in one or two places.” Palhal smiled, “it’s a genuine pleasure to see this again.” He set it aside and ordered two drinks from a replicator installed into the bench-top.

“Where is it this time?” Palhal asked as he offered the steaming beverage.
    Zacius took a long sip, “Donia.”
    Palhal chewed the word, “Donia, the Federation transport authority has a route through there if I’m not mistaken.”
    “They do.” Zacius took another long sip, “but they don’t get there the way I need to.”
    Palhal nodded, “I’m afraid a Danteri Surveyor is all I have ready at the moment. Atalanta picked up the Nausicaan Interceptor I mentioned last time.”
    “The usual cocktail?”
    “Control systems reconfigured for single occupancy and the EPS grid shunted to engines.”
    “How’s the sensor grid?”
    “50% fragmentation on the lateral arrays but the rest read clear.”
    “Perfect,” Zacius reached for his PADD to complete the sale. Palhal put his hand up.

“No, no, Zacius. Your generosity is not required.”
    “My allocation from the Republic easily covers the occasional single-ship.”
    “I noticed,” Palhal leaned over the table, “the last transfer had an extra zero.”
    Zacius sat back, “I know you don’t do this for the money.”
    Palhal nodded graciously.
    “But I know it can help.”
    Palhal sighed, “to think how far you’ve come since I first met you.”
    Zacius looked down. Palhal reached out and patted him on the shoulder.
    “We all grow, Zacius. From what is immaterial. The important thing is what we grow into.”
    “Even a kid should know better,” Zacius reflected.
    “It grew back,” Palhal smiled and twiddled the fingers of his left hand. “You had a lot on your shoulders then, and you still do now. Just remember that the burden is not yours alone.”
    “Thanks,” eased Zacius. He looked around the shop. “Anyone else pass through recently?”
    “Oh, just an Ibi.”
    “Ibi?”
    edited April 2016
    Good news!

While I've been away and brainstorming I've decided not to throw anything out and start on something completely different. Actually the above plan for SSF season 2 after Trident part 2 and Pulse [AEI] are even more firmly set. When I get back both Pulse and Eons are going to be brought under the SSF banner. Zacius Havik, the new Romulan Captain, will début in Pulse and I'll eventually bring Eith in through the SSF season 2 episode "Epoch."

That won't be for a while though.

In the meantime, at least two SSF characters were voted into Starbase Magellan roles, and at least two more can be associated with the Starbase but not as part of the "main cast.". Below is just a handy guide for what missions they appear in if people are concerned about how to write for them. Generally, I'm not concerned with how you guys might approach these characters (hence the nominations) and that applies for Haasra too (even though he was originally presented with a particular style of speech, anything's fair game now). But if you have questions I'm happy to answer them.

Haasra
    • Gemini - Ida'kan travel kiosk, map transitions
    • Polarity - Academy food kiosk
    • Entropy - Referenced (colony information terminal, lower side)
    • Continuity - Referenced (resort information terminal, near entry)
    • Trident, Part 1 - U.S.S. Discovery (beginning and end)

Ch'that
    • Entropy - I.K.S. Relorum, Styi Village

Temple
    • Polarity - Academy information terminal, just beyond security hut

Burke
    • Trident Parts 1&2 - Entire mission

Eith
    • Eons - Alien station interior, onward

Dr. Mor Haltaki
    • Echoes - ...I haven't made this mission yet. As of now, he's only an AEI submission.

Sliders can be found in the linked Google drive for the time being (Drogyn will have official stuff for all AEI main crew).
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwyGn-YYxuDHMzU0Q3VBRGlwcjQ&usp=drive_web
    edited April 2016
    Series update time!

I have three SSF episodes planned for release in the relatively near future.

Trident, Part2 (AEI)
    Echoes (SSF - s2e1)
    Epitaph (AEI)

Which one gets done first is a good question. Trident's nearest to completion but I'm running into significant writers block with the optional objectives on the first exploration map (main plot stuff - DONE). Echoes is what I'm working intensively on now but there's one more map to finish, one map to stage, one map to build from scratch, and space. I'd like to get that done first, actually, but soon we have the likely prospect of downtime and the AEI challenge, which will have to take priority.

So, lot's of good stuff on the way but what gets out when I don't know.

But as a reminder in the meantime I do have a long string of missions to plow through in the event that you missed them/any.

SSF-1 Gemini
    SSF-2 Polarity
    SSF-3 Entropy
    SSF-4 Continuity (still looking for a little more feedback on the revamp, public reviews seem muted)

AEI - Trident, Part 1
    AEI - Eons

And for special reference, Echoes pulls a lot from SSF-2 and SSF-4 and of course Trident Part 2 takes off shortly after Part 1. Need a refresher? Now's probably a good time. :)
    Updated title. Trident, Part 2 build nearing final stages. Just a bit of polishing after, I'm looking to release mid-week.
    edited April 2016
    Trident part 2 is out now! It's good shape and ready to be played. (mission list on front page of this thread has also been updated)

Enjoy.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Trident part 2 is out now! ...

Will be playing this one as soon as I get time to. :)