test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who is yours most memorable NPC in STO?

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    That annoying squealing little Ferengi my Gorn and two Ferasan's get to punch out. =3

Pharm if memory serves me right. been a while since i last did the klingon tutorial.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ledgend1221ledgend1221 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Kurland here!
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    <snip>

Though I'll add someone onto this list that has no VO. Cassidy the Comet Crisis Cocktail Connoisseur. The lengths you have to go through just to get her to give you the flux regulator. Nope, I don't like the glass. Take it back, I say!

Hot, sour, a little pick me up, stemmed glass, a drop of honey.

Played it so many times by now I don't even have to look it up :)

Fair enough. Bonus points what is the sequence to put the replicators back online?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Hakeev is so magnificently slimy - going through the Romulan arc, he's the arc villain, basically - it's you versus him from Virinat to the final confrontation on Brea.

He's a real piece of work for KDF and Starfleet, of course, too. Whether you get the kill shot or not, it's pretty satisfying.

Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hakeev is so magnificently slimy - going through the Romulan arc, he's the arc villain, basically - it's you versus him from Virinat to the final confrontation on Brea.

He's a real piece of work for KDF and Starfleet, of course, too. Whether you get the kill shot or not, it's pretty satisfying.

he has more character and depth than any other npc trek character on the entire game. i wish cryptic hadnt killed him off, he could of provided an intriguing challenge to the combined alliance and could of saw what the effects a sycophant like Hakeev has in proximity to his iconian masters.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    The psychotic photonic maintenance slasher from the Devidian chain. I like quoting him to terrorize new and old players who find him alarming. Best mission in the game. >:)

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

he has more character and depth than any other npc trek character on the entire game. i wish cryptic hadnt killed him off, he could of provided an intriguing challenge to the combined alliance and could of saw what the effects a sycophant like Hakeev has in proximity to his iconian masters.

He's not that complex as a character - too often he seems like evil for evil's sake (though his motivation is more complex than that, admittedly). But because you have to deal with him so often it's very satisfying.

And it's good he's dead, IMO. His arc concluded. Sela's escape is grating many because she has also escaped a few times too often. At some point it's okay to let a new antagonist enter. (Of course, there are wrong ways to do it. Maybe an obscure example, but the way they introduced the Big Bad in the second or third season of Heroes was pretty lame. "Oh, here's our former arch villain, and now the new ones come in and kills him, just like that! Look how mean he is!" Meh.)

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    EGG!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Klingon transport officer.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    Kurland:"Kurland Here."
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    EGG!

Why am I suddenly picturing an Undine wearing a paper mask with Egg's mug on it, ala "Team Fortress 2"?
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    - Obisek, because he's awesome, and because he's awesome.
    - K'Valk (from the Doomsday Device episode of the Klingon storyarc), because not many NPCs get the honor of having a cutscene and a song all to themselves.
    - The crazed hologram from What Lies Beneath (Devidian storyarc), for his awesomely creepy voice.
  • Options
    agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Two words:
    Kurland here
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    tacofangs wrote: »
    EGG!

Oh how I miss Commander Egg-Head. :cry:
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I've found the voice acting for this game quite strong overall. Then again, I was there for the first Resident Evil so I know from bad voice acting.

As for memorable characters who aren't from the shows...

Favorable-
    • Tovan Kev. Sorry haters. He's played like he's your only surviving friend instead of your military subordinate. Which he is.
    • Taris. Tragic case of hubris once you pay her dialog more attention instead of looking at her as another thing to shoot at.
    • Alexander. Today is a good day to cry.
    • S'taass. He's such a loveable jerk face.
    • Temer. He really exploded in popularity.

Unfavorable-
    • Kurland. 100 people have already said why.
    • Va'kel Shon. Sorry, he keeps stealing my thunder as a main character. Both the Enterprise and the planet killer glory run should have been mine
    • Vanzyl. Who are you? Stop telling me what to do and get off my ship.
    <3
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    <snip>

Though I'll add someone onto this list that has no VO. Cassidy the Comet Crisis Cocktail Connoisseur. The lengths you have to go through just to get her to give you the flux regulator. Nope, I don't like the glass. Take it back, I say!

I hate the NPC so hard. Playing through that questline as an Engineer is so frustrating because of her. Why am I not walking in, looking at her inventory, and grabbing what I need?
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Another NPC that I find kind of annoying is Elisa Florez. Her peppiness really should have been dialed back a little bit for a situation that is suppose to be stressful. It is probably a good thing her voice over ends after the tutorial.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    Kahless the careless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    Kahless the careless!

I prefer "Kahless the Monologger" :) . I liked him in the underworld part of the KDF story though.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    <snip>

Fair enough. Bonus points what is the sequence to put the replicators back online?
    hmm... replicator>artificial gravity>lifesupport>station defenses(forgot exact name)>artificial gravity>replicator
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Hakeev is the only NPC I remember the name of
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I kind of wish Cryptic would spend more time fleshing out the characters we have instead of constantly introducing new ones. We don't need new special voice actors every new mission.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    walligig wrote: »
    Another NPC that I find kind of annoying is Elisa Florez. Her peppiness really should have been dialed back a little bit for a situation that is suppose to be stressful. It is probably a good thing her voice over ends after the tutorial.
    I miss the Andorian chick that used to be one fo the first BOFFs you could recruit. She was, and will* always be, my first love. Err, Bridge Officer.

I agree, Elisa is a bit too cheery for the situation at hand.

I like Adminstrator Kurmaake or whatever she is called. When the probe to reignite her people's sun strikes and she says.
    "No effect. It didn't work"... You hear how she's trying to maintain her composure and stay as clinical as psosible, but she can't quite hide the feeling of disappointment, sadness and quite possible despair she's feeing.

*Would be, if she was still available. :(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    'She would let her people die, just to have revenge'. Kagran about T'Ket in the final Iconian mission. T'Ket is standing besides him which makes the whole scene hilarious. I also like the quarrel between Sela and Kagran during that mission. A quarrel I really like to fire up just for the sake of it.

Tuvok and Cooper are also great in A Step between the Stars. Story wise I like the mission, it is one of the best in the game. To play it, I find it horrible, because of the Dyson ship you have to pilot.
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    <snip>

Er... Replicators, Env, grav, def, env, replicators?

*Goes check Wiki*

Whoohoo! Got it right :)
    Although I usually have it written down on a piece of paper somewhere.

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Ethan Philips as Neelix. His voice was warm and relaxing. It made me think of Bob Ross as I played.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    I miss the Andorian chick that used to be one fo the first BOFFs you could recruit. She was, and will* always be, my first love. Err, Bridge Officer.
    Interestingly those were apparently tagged as unique Boffs despite being green quality, and otherwise unremarkable. In the boff skills revamp, they regained their default starting skills.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I must say I miss Egg'en too :( I mean, if there ever was an Egg'en. I don't miss the Undine that posed as him of course ;)

And K'Valk is one of the best Klingon NPC's in the game imo. Although his suicide may have been a bit pointless (never really understood how throwing your life away and take the easy way out is honourable) he, at least, is more than 'Honour! Rawrr!'.
    And I like that new Federation Ambassador in the latest episode (who's wearing clothes with the Klingon sign btw - a bit weird). But that has less to do with the NPC himself ;)