What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Skill System Revamp

Comments

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    ortsim wrote: »
    The Aux power and exotic particle pass combined was a bit too hefty in some areas I think.

Live
    (206 partg/epg skill, 129 aux power)
    920 Tyken’s Rift 2
    1256 Destabilizing Resonance Beam 2
    1421 Gravity Well 3
    1280 Tractor Beam Repulsors 1

13,000+ Hazard Emitters 1 w/99 hull repair skill

Tribble
    (201 partg/epg skill, 125 aux power)
    467 Tyken’s Rift 2
    1089 Destabilizing Resonance Beam 2
    1473 Gravity Well 3
    1154 Tractor Beam Repulsors 1

7,000+ Hazard Emitters 1 w/100 hull repair skill

Tyken's Rift and Hazard Emitters were hit pretty hard, both being about 50% less effective.

An example of why I think this revamp is for tacs. Tactical captains can buff damage with APA, but Science and Engineer captains can not, so they get a further damage penalty for NOT being tactical captains.

You're just plain better off not specializing in this, unless you're a tactical captain dabbling in exotics. I'm not sure why there is a penalty for actually building to high (over 100) auxiliary power so you can boost these things better.

All in all, it looks like the system wants to further reward Tactical captains in all areas for...picking tactical? Or, at the very best, it's encouraging tactical captains to vary their builds by making them even better at non-tactical skills, which is a step in the wrong direction. I really, really don't get this.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The current skill systems allows us to avoid useless skills. The new systems forces us to take useless skills and skip skills we would have wanted.
    Sums it up well.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    I think the Impulse Skill is not working as advertised. It only seems to effect Full Impulse and it's not having as strong as an effect as is supposed to.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Does anyone else think that Drain Expertise and Shield Hardness trees would work better duruing normal levelling if their places are traded? Some ltc level mobs and player ships can drain, and the way it's now, neither sci nor eng has anything else that isn't heal-related or normal damage resist-related for the first 2 tiers.

I'd also switch one of the power trees and a resist tree in the eng, but I'm not so sure there.
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The DOOOMMM is overstated. If this system goes live tomorrow without any further adjustments I have it made in the shade. I was able to build a toon that will survive while playing the parts of the game that I enjoy. I don't PVP and I can't do queues, so I don't know how they will be affected but this system works for me. I tested it enough to know that I can hit the ground running when it goes live but I'm not overthinking it from a math whiz perspective. I was not actually forced to take skills that I don't use/need/want. I don't see where I'm losing anything in the change. I can't max out everything but I no longer feel I need to the way I did with the old system. Some of what I do in the game is all me anyway and was never the numbers on my "character sheet". The only negative to report...the "purchase skills" button keeps flashing after you're "full". That's the worst of what I experienced.
  • Options
    peqleghpeqlegh Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Okay, so I'm at level 26 now... got some more feedback. Ground is much better now, I don't feel hugely over powering, although I'm using sub par mk's on nearly all my gear. ;) Space feels balanced, although my ship is everything but optimized using a mish mash of varying mk's, nearly all drop gear, missing a console, etc - rather shocking. So I'm thinking that the new skill system is working very well.

But, I can make a comment from an experienced player now though I don't have my main toon on tribble. My main toon has multiple ships, multiple loadouts and with different BOFF abilities to suit a few situations of play as well as keep things interesting (not flying the same thing all the time with the same toon). Three ships have pets (although they aren't specifically carriers), and one of those ships that has pets makes use of FBP.... My test character shows the 2nd Tac ability unlock as more threat generation or more hull capacity to pets. In the case of the one ship it's going to be pet's or threat generation - probably being the biggest threat would be more useful. But none of the other ships/builds are suitable for FBP, and a couple are too glassy for increased threat generation - so obviously I'll have to choose pets - "the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few... Or the one..." Is this any different then my current situation, nope - so it's not a huge deal. But at the same time, neither of these abilities do anything for the majority of my ships at all - threat generation is not "optimal" for the majority, but the one for increasing pets hull doesn't do anything for all but three ships. The increased pet hull is the most livable option - it's not going to change how the ships fly or work. But I am saying that it sure would be nice if these earned abilities could be changed on the fly prior to engaging in a mission/STF/etc with out a full reskill.

Looking at the same thing from a newbie point of view, they won't have carriers, will most likely want more defenses as they develop and hone their skills. I'm betting $100 that unless they had guidance or somehow know that down the road they will want to be a big threat generator, all new players will pretty much choose the pet hull enhancement even if they don't need it down the road. And then there's another problem, if they are flying a ship like I am right now and choose the threat generation, will they be okay with the increased threat generation. Episodes I think will be fine, but otherwise, they might be in really big trouble. Maybe I should go to Drozana and grab a reskill token and try that option out and see if it poses a problem like I think it will...
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Yikes those Hazard emitters numbers are scary...any numbers on Engineering Team III and Aux to SIF III I think it was...
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    ortsim wrote: »
    The Aux power and exotic particle pass combined was a bit too hefty in some areas I think.

Live
    (206 partg/epg skill, 129 aux power)
    920 Tyken’s Rift 2
    1256 Destabilizing Resonance Beam 2
    1421 Gravity Well 3
    1280 Tractor Beam Repulsors 1

13,000+ Hazard Emitters 1 w/99 hull repair skill

Tribble
    (201 partg/epg skill, 125 aux power)
    467 Tyken’s Rift 2
    1089 Destabilizing Resonance Beam 2
    1473 Gravity Well 3
    1154 Tractor Beam Repulsors 1

7,000+ Hazard Emitters 1 w/100 hull repair skill

Tyken's Rift and Hazard Emitters were hit pretty hard, both being about 50% less effective.

An example of why I think this revamp is for tacs. Tactical captains can buff damage with APA, but Science and Engineer captains can not, so they get a further damage penalty for NOT being tactical captains.

You're just plain better off not specializing in this, unless you're a tactical captain dabbling in exotics. I'm not sure why there is a penalty for actually building to high (over 100) auxiliary power so you can boost these things better.

All in all, it looks like the system wants to further reward Tactical captains in all areas for...picking tactical? Or, at the very best, it's encouraging tactical captains to vary their builds by making them even better at non-tactical skills, which is a step in the wrong direction. I really, really don't get this.

I keep saying it: Captain tactical powers should be changed to affect WEAPON damage and Crit stats "only".
    Would go a long way of leveling the playing field between careers.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    Any comment on Energy Siphon? Saw some numbers today at 508 drain which in theory should be like 508 flow caps. The drain seems to have been cut almost in half.

Still can't comment on tachyon beam since Aux scaling seems to be in a funky state in Tribble, although right now it appears as that also was cut down somewhere around 40%.

I thought boff abilities were going to be left working as before.
  • Options
    ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Yikes those Hazard emitters numbers are scary...any numbers on Engineering Team III and Aux to SIF III I think it was...

Live
    w/129 Aux power and 99 Hull Healing
    10,427.6 healing Engineering Team 3
    8,332.8 healing and 56.7 damage resist Aux to Sif 3

Tribble
    w/125 Aux Power and 100 Hull Healing
    10,125 healing Engineering Team 3
    4,556.2 healing and 31.9 damage resist Aux to Sif 3

Looks like Engineering Team is pretty much the same, but Aux to Sif is a bit more than half effectiveness.

• Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Ok, having to commit each point individually has gotten real old real fast. I went through and got my space skills set up, then went to set up my ground skills, but made a mistake in the process. So instead of just being able to back up locally, I have to use a respec and start over from the beginning.

*grumble*
    "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm"
    "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm"
    "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm"...
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Ok why is Aux to SIF III and Hazard Emitters getting such a nerf if on the surface the leveling is at the same number and/or level?!

Do you have anything on live, console or other, that might be boosting this?
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    Looking at those numbers for exotic damage, heal, and drain abilities is very worrisome to me. I know the effectiveness of high aux power levels has been reduced, but for some of these abilities to lose over 50% of their current effectiveness compared to Holodeck is just too much. This is especially bad for Science captains, as they're already less-played than Tactical captains are and require a lot more effort to pull off effectively, and so reducing the effectiveness of their abilities on top of this is just uncalled for.

It also makes me fear for my current builds. I have Plasmonic Leech on all of my characters and I will likely lose my mind if, when we can copy characters over again, I find that the Leech is weaker as well due to stat readjustments. I and I know many others have spent a lot of money, both real and in-game, to get our builds just the way we like them and I'd hate it if this revamp throws a wrench into it and wrecks everything I've put together. I really just want to be able to copy characters now because this skill revamp is making me more and more nervous as people release increasing amounts of testing data.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    alphahydri wrote: »
    Looking at those numbers for exotic damage, heal, and drain abilities is very worrisome to me. I know the effectiveness of high aux power levels has been reduced, but for some of these abilities to lose over 50% of their current effectiveness compared to Holodeck is just too much. This is especially bad for Science captains, as they're already less-played than Tactical captains are and require a lot more effort to pull off effectively, and so reducing the effectiveness of their abilities on top of this is just uncalled for.

It also makes me fear for my current builds. I have Plasmonic Leech on all of my characters and I will likely lose my mind if, when we can copy characters over again, I find that the Leech is weaker as well due to stat readjustments. I and I know many others have spent a lot of money, both real and in-game, to get our builds just the way we like them and I'd hate it if this revamp throws a wrench into it and wrecks everything I've put together. I really just want to be able to copy characters now because this skill revamp is making me more and more nervous as people release increasing amounts of testing data.

My hope is that @borticuscryptic has to clean up some bugs because Aux time increases are not working for Energy Siphon. That being said, an almost 50% cut in drain for Tachyon Beam and Energy Siphon is a huge nerf. Tachyon Beam went from great to use to being the same as it used to be before they boosted it when the command ships came out.

If the changes stay as-is, I might as well give up trying to PvP in a drain boat since on top of everyone getting extra resistance, I'm going to end up with less drain.

And yes, a drain build with all the toys is a huge time, lobi, fleet credits, dilithium, and EC investment compared to how easy it is to make a DPS focused ship.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User

I keep saying it: Captain tactical powers should be changed to affect WEAPON damage and Crit stats "only".
    Would go a long way of leveling the playing field between careers.

It appears to be going in the opposite direction.

On Holodeck, Science captains jack up the Aux power to 125 (at the cost of weapon power) to get better use out of the science powers.

The revamp bonus over 100 aux power is lessened. So a tac shooting for 100 (not 125) aux will get the desired bonus without having to sacrifice that extra 25+ power- on top of the bonus tactical damage from career specific captain skills. You know, because Tacticals are already putting the aux pretty high for the damage and/or defense bonus from rep space traits.

It seems like "TAC or GTFO" on steroids.

• Options
    smalul1smalul1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    A few things I've seen in the new system so far:

1. I don't know if someone has wrote about it here, but the total of each skill points, which is the sum of the points you get from the skills and from items, is missing. In the current live version (Holodeck) there are 2 places you can see those values:
    A. In the character Status ->Skill-Based Stats: Ground and Skill-Based Stats: Space.
    B. In the ship Status -> stats you could see Tactical/Science/Engineering Skill-Based stats.
    Note: Those values change depending on your location (Ground, Normal space and Sector space, as item bonuses doesn't apply to all locations), but the values you get from the skills you select are the same.

2. Some items give bonuses to skills which no longer exists or had their name changed. For example - the Iconian Resistance Deflector Array gives +26.2 Starship Structural Integrity, but that skills no longer exists. Instead we have Hull Capacity. All the items in the game need to be checked to match the new skills system.

3. I'm not sure if this is related to the way ground skills now work, but the Aim mode works only if you hold down the X button. In the Holodeck version you could just click on the X button and you'll be in Aim (or zoom) mode. This isn't critical but it would nice to have it work the same way.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    smalul1 wrote: »
    3. I'm not sure if this is related to the way ground skills now work, but the Aim mode works only if you hold down the X button. In the Holodeck version you could just click on the X button and you'll be in Aim (or zoom) mode. This isn't critical but it would nice to have it work the same way.

Take a peek at your key bindings :smile: I personally have aim mode mapped to "middle click"
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Ok, having to commit each point individually has gotten real old real fast. I went through and got my space skills set up, then went to set up my ground skills, but made a mistake in the process. So instead of just being able to back up locally, I have to use a respec and start over from the beginning.

*grumble*
    "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm" "Click-Purchase-Confirm"...

Yup, changing it to clicking the skills you want and THEN confirming when it's complete would be much, much nicer and less obnoxious.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User

*grumble*

Yup, changing it to clicking the skills you want and THEN confirming when it's complete would be much, much nicer and less obnoxious.
    It would also be nicer, now that space points are separate from ground, if they split respecs accordingly. It would be more convenient if you could just change one without being forced to redo the other.

"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I have to say from my experience thus far:

Please let us allocate all of our points before Confirming like we have on the current Live Build. Doing it one at a time is tedious.

Also, my Drainer Build seems to be doing poorly. I would say that it may just be me, but it looks like others are having similar issues. I would suggest doing some adjusting to Aux Powers to bring them inline with the other abilities.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It's a crazy idea that will never happen, but if the effect of Auxilliary Power is rebalanced to have less effect at the extreme ends, the same should be considered for weapon power. That would probably reduce the power of overcapping and max cap increases considerably and reign in DPS. But of course, it might totally change the playing field of energy weapons.

But currently, on Holodeck and Tribble, the only time you do not max weapon power is if you use torpedoes and science skills. Every other ship needs weapon power at the highest value it can possibly achieve, it doesn't matter if you're trying to tank, heal or DPS. It kinda makes the whole basic energy management thing a farce. The only energy management left is basically "after-market" management, e.g. getting Plasmonic Leech and similar abilities. Those 4 power dials that take such a prominent place in the UI need basically only two settings.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    huskerklg wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The current skill systems allows us to avoid useless skills. The new systems forces us to take useless skills and skip skills we would have wanted.
    Sums it up well.

Which is how it always was. To unlock a new tier of skills, you needed to spend points on lower tier skills - whether you wanted them or not.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    Okay, I have a theory for threat control on ground, and I think it could work.

Firstly, we need to add a toggle that's given to everyone on a similar vein to what was done with space. You either toggle it to have '-100 Threat' or '+100 Threat', which means if someone is tanking they have an easier time of getting that threat in the first place without needing large amounts of DPS. The other thing that would need to be done is to make Draw Fire a universal kit module, which should be easy to do now as all kits are buffed by the same power.

This would mean Engineers and Science Officers, who lets face it are innately better at handling that level of threat, are able to hold onto it without any issues. It would also mean tanking would be viable again and this update would give some build parity to ground.

Only thing is I wouldn't know where to put it in the tree, but I firmly believe every single character should have this power to force them to run negative threat to allow for any tanks potentially in the mission.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Also, my Drainer Build seems to be doing poorly. I would say that it may just be me, but it looks like others are having similar issues. I would suggest doing some adjusting to Aux Powers to bring them inline with the other abilities.

Yeah, right now I'm getting lower numbers on Energy Siphon, but a bit higher on Tyken's Rift:

Live w/104 Flow Caps
    7.8 per sec Tyken's Rift 2
    9.8 per sec Tyken's Rift 3
    30.6 live Energy Siphon 3

Tribble w/100 Drain Expertise
    9 per sec Tyken's Rift 2
    11.2 per sec Tyken's Rift 3
    22.5 Energy Siphon 3

Ok why is Aux to SIF III and Hazard Emitters getting such a nerf if on the surface the leveling is at the same number and/or level?!

Do you have anything on live, console or other, that might be boosting this?

I double checked, I don't see anything that would boost it at all, unless they've changed hull size to affect the output of healing. Right now Aux abilities are somewhat gutted. Weapon DPS seems to be better off than previously, but the healing and Aux control/damage abilities are suffering a big blow currently. When I have a chance I'll try to do a write up of live vs tribble abilities so there is a bigger picture of what has changed.

• Options
    highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Allright, with a very bad Feeling in my stomach i decided to patch Tribble and have a look at this "improvement" of a System that if at all only needed some finetuning not complete replacement but whatever.

What others allready mentioned, we need a Confirm button when WE decide that we are done Playing around in the Skill Tree and NOT after every single Skill / Node Purchase, like we have in the System right now, it should be so that we can just click / highlight all the Nodes that we want without the system asking us "want to purchase this?" all the time and if we have highlighted the neccesary amount of Nodes, the next Rank is unlocked - again just we have right now - so we can correct a deccision as long as we have not pressed the Confirm button, instead of having to waste a Respec Token (and those should be Retired anyway like the Rep Trai Tokens -_-).

I also agree that Skills that basically Everyone uses should be avaible first (Weapons Damage, Hull and Shield Capacity and amount healed by Powers) while Specific Skills should be at the very end like Stealth, Hangar Pets and so, what do i need those if i dont even have a Cloak enabled ship (not even on such i ever slotted even a single point in in the system we have right now) and if i dont use any hangar pets???

Another thing that i definately disslike is how Boff Training Manuals are unlocked. With the System we have right it was possible that a character could craft EVERY single Manual of his carrer, but NOT with the New System, like for example i have to decide between Mine Barrier III or Turret Fabrication III??? I have my 3 Dedicited Crafters for exactly that, an engineer, a tactical and a science, but now i will need 2 or 3 for each carrer so i can craft everything??? reason for those dedicited crafters was cause A) i dont wanted to spend Ridicilous amounts of EC to buy them from the exchange and B ) dont wanted to Beg others in the Zone Chat or Private Channels to craft something for me, i wanted to do my stuff myself! So please change stuff around so it is Possible that ALL Manuals can be crafted by a single Character like it is Possible RIGHT now (Manuals depending on carrer)

To be honest all that new stuff is highly confusing, i had multiple builds for all carrers with ot without torps and other specific stuff, with this change, all those Build are now going to thrown out of the window, i have 42 Characters that all have a "base" skillplan with modifications depending on their stuff (ship, weapons and so on) so for me this is a nightmare :/

I wanted to link 3 of my common builds (eng/tac/sci) asking if you @borticuscryptic could "convert" them for me to see if a) if its possible and b) how it would look like, unfortunately STO Academy has Issues right now.

I Really hope this whole change will be a Positive one, but right now iam a very skeptical and afraid that the the Gaming experience for many players could be damaged badly by this change, please take a serious amount of time and please have not one but both ears open for the community here on the forum and maybe also others side (reddit?) and take our concerns very serious please, since that will decide whether people can adept and enjoy the new system, or not.

Thank you. and by the way english is not my native language so sorry for any typos / bad gramar since iam sure my text is full with it.

9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hello everone,

I am very unhappy with the new R&D Manual Unlock ...
    On holodeck i have THREE character, one TAC, one ENG, one SCI
    created them because i was bored and i enjoy leveling ^_^ (without spending a skill pionts)
    at Level 50 I checked and skilled for all R&D Manual unlocks

with that new System .... i would Need 3 TAC, 3 SCI, 3 ENG character

7 Points in ENG Tree
    -- ENG - Emercency Power to Shields III -- SCI - Hazard Emitter III -- TAC - Mine Dispersal Pattern: Beta III

7 Points in SCI Tree
    -- ENG - Extend Sields III --- SCI - Photonic Shochwave III -- TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Weapon III

[v]7 Points in TAC Tree[/b]
    -- ENG - Directed Energy Modulation III --- SCI - Tachyon Beam III -- TAC - Mine Dispersal Pattern: Alpha III

12 Points in ENG Tree
    -- ENG - Emercency Power to Engines III -- SCI - Feedback Pulse III -- TAC - Attack Pattern: Omega III

12 Points in SCI Tree
    -- ENG - Reverse Shield Polarity III -- SCI - Gravity Well III -- TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Shields III

12 Points in TAC Tree
    -- ENG - Eject Warp Plasma III -- SCI - Jam Sensors III -- TAC - Cannon: Scatter Volley III

17 Points in ENG Tree
    -- ENG - Emercency Power to Weapon III -- SCI - Polarize Hull III -- TAC - Attack Pattern: Beta III

17 Points in SCI Tree
    -- ENG - Auxillery Power to Structual Integrity III -- SCI - Tyken's Rift III -- TAC - Beam: Fire at Will III

17 Points in TAC Tree
    -- ENG - Boarding Party III -- SCI - Tractor Beam III -- TAC - Cannon: Rapid Fire III

22 Points in ENG Tree
    -- ENG - Emercency Power to Auxillery III -- SCI - Transfer Shield Strength III -- TAC - Attack Pattern: Delta III

22 Points in SCI Tree
    -- ENG - !!NEW!! Auxillery Power to Inertial Dampers III !!NEW!! -- SCI - Tractor Beam Repulsor III -- TAC - Beam: Overload III

22 Points in TAC Tree
    -- ENG - Aceton Beam III -- SCI - Viral Matrix III -- TAC - Torpedo: Spread III

Missing R&D Manuals

SCI - Science Team III
    SCI - Photonic Officer III
    SCI - Mask Energy Signature III
    SCI - Charged particle Burst III
    SCI - Energy Siphon III
    SCI - Scramble Sensors III

ENG - Auxillery Power to Battery III
    ENG - Engineering Team III

TAC - Tactical Team III
    TAC - Torpedo High Yield III
    TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Engines III
    TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Auxillery III

25 Points in ENG Tree --> Ability: "EPS Corruption"

Single Target - - - Duration :15 seconds - - - Cooldown: 20 seconds

Effect: >161.4 Plasma Damage per sec (ignores Shield) for 15
    >>>>> When target fires any Energy Weapon 329.2 Plasma Damage (ignores Shield)

Info Text:

Corrupt the Electro-Plasma System of your foe, causing them to burn out components over time.
    Activating directed energy weapons will also cause the victim to suffer additional plasma damage,
    as the corrupted EPS fed additional power.

Additional effects can be added to your EPS Corruption
    **Enhanced Corruption >> more powerful Plasma Damage-over-time --> increase to 242
    **Weakening Corruption > Foe suffers a Penalty to their outgoing damage for the Duration --> -33,3%
    **Explosive Corruption >> the additional Plasma damage triggerd by weapon activation becomes a 3 km radius
    AOE
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that can hit other nearby foes

A very cool Lightshow but way to weak to do any harm to a NPC, maybe something for PVP
    **100 skill Points in Particle Generator, Equipment White Mark IX from Vendor

25 Points in SCI Tree --> Ability: "Probability Manipulation"

Self Buff - - - Duration :15 seconds - - - Cooldown: 10 seconds

Effect: to Self: Set Critical Chance to 50% , for 15 seconds

Info Text:
    For a smal window of time, you can force the universe to see Things your way,
    vastly increasing the Chance that every bit of Damage done to your foe will be a critical hit.

Additional effects can be added to your "Probability Manipulation"
    ** Probability Penetration: Foe suffers a stacking (up to 10) -2.5% Damage Resistance Rating Debuff -2.5% when hit
    ** Probability Shell: +100% Bonus Hull & Shield Heal for 15 sec -> while 2 stacks, 200% , ?Bug ? ]
    ** Probability Window: Increses the Duration of Probability Manipulation by 5 seconds.

Perfect for Healing, difficult to Combine with DPS build but not impossible.

25 Points in TAC Tree --> Ability: "Focused Frenzy"

Single Target - - - Duration :15 seconds - - - Cooldown: 15 seconds

Marks one Foe with Debuff ; When damaging Marked Foe with Energy Weapons, Player gains "Frenzy" stack (10 max)

Effect of "Frenzy": Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons, each stack 2.5 % --> 25 Percent Haste

Info Text:
    Mark the target foe, and devote all available resources to taking them down.
    Each time you hit the marked foe with an energy weapon, your weapons fire cycles will speed up progressivly faster and faster.

Additional effects can be added to your "Frenzy"
    ** Frenzied Assault: >>>> also gain a stacking (10 max) Damage Bonus (2.5% All Damage) with each hit.
    ** Frenzied Reaction: >>> Also reduce Bridge Officer cooldowns with each hit (-0,25 seconds to current recharge time)
    ** Coordinated Frenzied: > all allies Hangar Pets ; NPC's and Player also gain *Frenzy" Stacks

Frenzy stacks expire after not attacking Marked Foe for 2.5 seconds

Post edited by preiko on
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    BOFF manuals can be bought and sold on the exchange now so that's a totaly irrelevant issue.
  • Options
    highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    BOFF manuals can be bought and sold on the exchange now so that's a totaly irrelevant issue.

Speak for yourself please, with the system we have right now we can craft all we want or need ourself without having to depend on others, so no matter how "minor" this may look, for some its still annoying enough to point it out here, like i said before i have my 3 Dedicited crafters eng/tac/and sci so i can craft every possible Manual, and i rally would like to keep that system without having to have twice or tripple the amount of crafters to do so or having to pump ridicilous amounts of EC on the exchange to buy it from others.
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »

Yes, at this very Moment in the Game,
    but with this kind of alteration
    the costs will be much higher in the future

Quite a list:
    Missing R&D Manuals

SCI - Science Team III
    SCI - Photonic Officer III
    SCI - Mask Energy Signature III
    SCI - Charged particle Burst III
    SCI - Energy Siphon III
    SCI - Scramble Sensors III

ENG - Auxillery Power to Battery III
    ENG - Engineering Team III

TAC - Tactical Team III
    TAC - Torpedo High Yield III
    TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Engines III
    TAC - Beam: Target Subsystem - Auxillery III

all these Abilities you have to get from a Bridge Officer ....
    first you have to look through every single one because the Exchange has no filter for that
    or hope somebody already stripped it down and oveprized it in the "Manual Section"
    Post edited by preiko on
This discussion has been closed.