test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 50th Anniversary and new interiors and bridge sets.

jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Hello, I am a lifetime member of STO, and love all the content in-game. I know there are many posts about new interiors and bridge sets, but I am begging, as a lifer and a true fanboy of Star Trek to please give us more bridge sets and interiors for our ships that are more Canon with the different series and movies. We love the TOS, Defiant, and Voyager sets, but we would love to be able to go on the Enterprise bridge from the different movies, like from either ST 2, or ST 6, and the Excelsior and Ambassador class, or even the Miranda and NX class ships. People will pay for this, I know I would. We love the Starships you have given us, we would love to have the proper interiors for them. I know it takes time to design sets like these, but your true fans, not only for our beloved game, but true Star Trek fans that will celebrate the 50th Anniversary will love you for building these sets. I know Klingon and Romulan factions need love too, and I won't dismiss that whatsoever, but please, please give your true believers new interiors and bridge sets. Also, if possible, for TWOK era suits, like the away team jackets, and the phasers from that era, and MACO uniforms from Enterprise. We appreciate all of you for your hard work to make STO the absolute best game online ever. Live Long And Prosper.

Comments

• jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I know this is a long shot, but it would be awesome if for the 50th, Picard, Data, even Kirk could make a special appearance in-game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    More canon bridges and canon interiors are always welcome in my opinion. I would like to add to the mentioned want list that I would like to see a proper Prometheus interior and bridge.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Bridges and interiors are only going to become available if they are specifically made for an episode first, they just aren't popular enough
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    They aren't popular because other than the TOS, Voyager and Defiant, all the others aren't great. The origin bridge is nice, but the interiors that go with it weren't released, except in the tutorial.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I've found that asking for the moon (interiors are indeed unpopular, but this is because they have not been properly developed), is often in vain. I think a more possible outcome, would be an Assault Cruiser revamp, and the release of more Melee Weapons, and maybe the reworking of the Lockboxes.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    While this would be a good idea, it wouldn't be used by the majority of players because there's currently very little reason to go to your bridge (aside from 1 mission FED/KDF side, and 2 for ROM players). If the playerbase had a reason to use their bridges other than those missions, you'd probably see a lot more interest in new/updated bridges and interiors.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    While this would be a good idea, it wouldn't be used by the majority of players because there's currently very little reason to go to your bridge (aside from 1 mission FED/KDF side, and 2 for ROM players). If the playerbase had a reason to use their bridges other than those missions, you'd probably see a lot more interest in new/updated bridges and interiors.
    indeed, so asking for more Missions to take place inside your ship would be more prudent, right?

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    bltrrn wrote: »
    I've found that asking for the moon (interiors are indeed unpopular, but this is because they have not been properly developed), is often in vain. I think a more possible outcome, would be an Assault Cruiser revamp, and the release of more Melee Weapons, and maybe the reworking of the Lockboxes.

Aim for the stars and you may reach the moon. Aim for next block and you may get nowhere.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    ktyrrell wrote: »
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    indeed, so asking for more Missions to take place inside your ship would be more prudent, right?

Right, although I can't see that happening for a while... :disappointed:
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I collect different types of box ship just for the unique bridges so would love to have the excuse to spend more time on them, but it is only really the Ferengi and Freighter bridges I spend time on for the exchange console. I often do my admiralty, duty officer missions and r&d from my Captains chair on the others though.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada