test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill & Item Revamp How do we boost warp speed?

For those of you who can access Tribble I have a question.

Since driver coil is no longer a skill, and so many items are getting revamped does anyone know if it is impulse engines or warp cores that determine your maximum warp speed? Does anyone know yet which items let you exceed warp 10? Currently it is only special impulse engines that let you exceed warp 10 and I am hoping that maybe that is being changed to warp cores with this update. I would check myself but I cannot get tribble to not crash on launch even though holodeck is super stable for me.

Comments

• Options
    gravelynwolfgravelynwolf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    currently in live game its impulse and agreed i cant even get tribble to launch same for redshirts it goes to the 2nd loading screen then nopes
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    The max sector space speed is determined by your warp core/singularity core, as it always has been. 9.97 is the standard once you get to level 40 or so, just like how it is on the live server.

That said, there is a new perk you can get from spending I believe 10 points in Science skills that'll boost your sector space speed by 25%. I tested it out and my ship was able to get transwarp 12.4 or something like that with the Iconian Resistance Warp Core. Low level toons will basically be stuck at whatever the max warp speed is on their warp/singularity cores now though, which is a bummer. My new toon on Tribble could only go warp 5 until I got some reputation gear.

As for what items boost sector space travel speed, it's the same as it is on live right now, so the MACO Impulse Engines, Borg Impulse Engines, Elite Fleet Impulse Engines, and the Tal Shiar Adapted Warp Core. Also, every impulse engine in the game gets a boost to sector space travel speed when upgraded to Epic quality.
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »
    The max sector space speed is determined by your warp core/singularity core, as it always has been. 9.97 is the standard once you get to level 40 or so, just like how it is on the live server.

That said, there is a new perk you can get from spending I believe 10 points in Science skills that'll boost your sector space speed by 25%. I tested it out and my ship was able to get transwarp 12.4 or something like that with the Iconian Resistance Warp Core. Low level toons will basically be stuck at whatever the max warp speed is on their warp/singularity cores now though, which is a bummer. My new toon on Tribble could only go warp 5 until I got some reputation gear.

As for what items boost sector space travel speed, it's the same as it is on live right now, so the MACO Impulse Engines, Borg Impulse Engines, Elite Fleet Impulse Engines, and the Tal Shiar Adapted Warp Core. Also, every impulse engine in the game gets a boost to sector space travel speed when upgraded to Epic quality.

you forgot to list advanced fleet engines....
    and the speed in the end also is widely affected by drivers coil in the old system - simply removal of that skill would definitely slow me down by big number with my current build (I'm currently happily warping around with transwarp factor 22.3)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    The [coi] mod on warp cores still boosts sector space travel, and you can get that mod on mark II cores. The assimilated borg engines are like 100+ sector travel speed alone (very very fast with a [coi] warp core and the +25% skill).
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I power leveled my tribble toon without the console because i did not knew about it,
    at lv 34 i noticed that my warp Speed was 11.25 and with 41 and a replay of the Kuvamagh Mission i got up to 12.34 Sector Map Speed

with the 25% improved Sector Speed
  • Options
    cmichaelhenrycmichaelhenry Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    you forgot to list advanced fleet engines....
    and the speed in the end also is widely affected by drivers coil in the old system - simply removal of that skill would definitely slow me down by big number with my current build (I'm currently happily warping around with transwarp factor 22.3)

Heh, only 22.3? I'm running almost 35 without DI or the Klingon boost on live.
  • Options
    cmichaelhenrycmichaelhenry Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    OK, on Tribble testing this very discussion item.
    MACO Impulse Mk 12
    Iconian Rsistance Hyper Warp Core Mk 12
    The Sector space bonus of 25%
    Not really sure what else is affecting it, but I just registered over Warp 20......... before engaging Slipstream.
    Changing to Assimilated Borg Impulse...... Warp 21 before Slipstream

Not sure how to post a photo, but I will if needed.
    Post edited by cmichaelhenry on
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    For Borg engines it is 14 alone, 21 with 25% bonus, 33 for slipstream.
    Added a COI warp core from Spin the wheel that is 16.3 to sector speed and got around 22.3 transwarp and 39 slipstream.
    So COI does effect it a little.