test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to change your @handle?

Does anyone know how to change your @handle in this game? Seems like I heard it was possible.

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Only way I know of is to create a new account (a second one).
    Though I believe that is not something one should carry on a long discussion about here due to the TOS (I think).
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    You can probably ask support. If it is possible, they'll probably do it if you have a legitimate reason for it.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Only way I know of is to create a new account (a second one).

^ This. You can get character renames for Zen but the @handle can only be changed by creating another account.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Last I remember, the only way they would change it is if your @ handle was the same as your account name as it was a security risk. I don't know if that's changed but you'll have to send in a support ticket about it. We can't change it on our own.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Ask support, but be careful what you wish for, as apparently they have great technical difficulties trying to change it back to what it was if you change your mind.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Cool thanks guys.