Install Arc

Request for Ships to be added to Foundry

seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
[Never-ye-the-mind. Items located.]
rottorung02.png
Post edited by seseron on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    They usually add all playable ships to the Costumes, but it can take some time to add the new ones. Be patient. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    According to a Priority One interview, they were having hardware problems on the machine they use for foundry stuff. Don't hold me to that, I can't remember exactly.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »
    According to a Priority One interview, they were having hardware problems on the machine they use for foundry stuff. Don't hold me to that, I can't remember exactly.

That applies to the problems in testing a new blank space foundry map (keeps crashing the dev computer.) As to these ships, I'm fairly certain we have all playable ships in the tailor up to the Iconian lock box. Vet destroyers should be there.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    What destroyers are you referring to, specifically?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    What destroyers are you referring to, specifically?

I think he's referring to the Veteran Destroyers.
  • seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    I found the skins. They were there all along, but I just didn't know where to look. I thought NPC contacts were it. I'm still trying to figure out this bad boy.
    rottorung02.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    seseron wrote: »
    I found the skins. They were there all along, but I just didn't know where to look. I thought NPC contacts were it. I'm still trying to figure out this bad boy.

It's a lot when just starting out but there are a couple things that can help simplify. Playable ships have been frequently added to the ship tailor list. Non-playable stuff is the domain of the NPC contact list. Things you might want to bookmark for future reference is the list of "generic" alien ships. If you need to create your own species those are very handy. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Well, I know that the Hestia (and corresponding hull and window textures) is still missing. Can't find it in the generic NPC costume list or the parts list for the MVAE in the costume editor.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Well, I know that the Hestia (and corresponding hull and window textures) is still missing. Can't find it in the generic NPC costume list or the parts list for the MVAE in the costume editor.

Not just the Hestia. Also the Resolute, Hestia, Arbiter, Kurak, Morrigu, Alita, Qa'Tel, Jhu'ael, Yamato, Kara, Kolasi, Kor, Malem, Valiant, Gorkon, Kahless, Martok, Flambard, Khopesh, and Shamshir as well as the Rezreth, Paradox, and the APU Cruiser.

Full list.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Not just the Hestia. Also the Resolute, Hestia, Arbiter, Kurak, Morrigu, Alita, Qa'Tel, Jhu'ael, Yamato, Kara, Kolasi, Kor, Malem, Valiant, Gorkon, Kahless, Martok, Flambard, Khopesh, and Shamshir as well as the Rezreth, Paradox, and the APU Cruiser.

Full list.​​

Sorry. I didn't remember off the top of my head exactly what other ships were missing. Thanks.