test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Idea]A New Transwarp Point

I'm thinking we need a transwarp to sector space near Bajor. More content is now focused in this area with this season, and both Bajor and DS9 are "Social Zones" which I feel see a ton more use than Defera. The Badlands BZ is a 1/2 second away as well. I know Defera is kinda close but, I think all of us would love to remove those two extra load screens and 15s transit(or less if your slipstream is available).

Just seems to me, that with the renewed relevance of the area, its time to add this feature.

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    azrael605 wrote: »
    When you get to max level in the Diplomacy or Marauding doffing schools, you get a transwarp directly to DS9.

shows ya how much I DOFF don't it? :P Still I think one for sector space at the Bajor system for EVERYONE would be a good thing.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    When you get to max level in the Diplomacy or Marauding doffing schools, you get a transwarp directly to DS9.

Yes...this is right. DS9 very close to it.​​
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Yes. there are several. The Diplomacy one, the Fleet Transwarp Gate and of course, for EC, mission transwarps.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    Well, whatever, seems Im the only one that would like a nice simple method to get there via the same transwarp menu for everyone not just people that doff or have fleets
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    I think they should divorce transwarps from diplomacy... just tie them all to level.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Everyone thinks OP is lazy :worried:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I would like a TW to TFO myself. :p It is in a corner of the map that is not as easy to get to.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2016
    Why should anyone want to help someone unwilling to earn it by the methods already in the game? Methods that have been in the game the entire 4 plus years I have been playing... well ok Fleet transwarp wasn't around back then, but it wasn't long after either. Doffing is free, takes a few minutes each log in to set up, and you earn other stuff for doing it. No reason at all for people who refuse to doff to get special treatment.
    1)I DOFF, I just dont go hunting down every diplo mission out there, specifically to grind it, it gives you next to 0 reward for the effort imo. (now that I know about the stupid transwarp being tied to it, I will have to give some priority to the category since there IS a point to grinding it out)
    2)Not everyone is in a fleet, some specifically choose to avoid it
    3)DOFFing really shouldn't be tied to an ingame mechanic like a transwarp point imo, as azniadeet said it should be tied to level. Barring that tie it to Terran Rep like other Transwarp Points.
    Bajor is pointless with DS9 and Defera right there.
    Not paying attention to the actual conversation are you?
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Everyone thinks OP is lazy :worried:
    Not paying attention to the actual conversation are you? If you had bothered reading I was unaware of its existence initially.
    I would like a TW to TFO myself. :p It is in a corner of the map that is not as easy to get to.

That would be welcome yes. There are a couple spots that could use it now that sector space is so much larger and even slipstream has a hard time getting you there in a timely manner...
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    I completely agree with the OP.
    Just about everywhere else has the ability to transwarp to without needing a fleet or to grind doffs.
    It's not like doff grinding needs any skill in the first place and the rewards are pretty garbage for the most part.
    The whole game in its current state is maximum time and effort, minimum output/reward.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Why should anyone want to help someone unwilling to earn it by the methods already in the game? Methods that have been in the game the entire 4 plus years I have been playing... well ok Fleet transwarp wasn't around back then, but it wasn't long after either. Doffing is free, takes a few minutes each log in to set up, and you earn other stuff for doing it. No reason at all for people who refuse to doff to get special treatment.
    1)I DOFF, I just dont go hunting down every diplo mission out there, specifically to grind it, it gives you next to 0 reward for the effort imo. (now that I know about the stupid transwarp being tied to it, I will have to give some priority to the category since there IS a point to grinding it out)
    2)Not everyone is in a fleet, some specifically choose to avoid it
    3)DOFFing really shouldn't be tied to an ingame mechanic like a transwarp point imo, as azniadeet said it should be tied to level. Barring that tie it to Terran Rep like other Transwarp Points.
    Actually, it predates doffing. The diplomacy/marauding thing used to be a separate thing from level/rank progression.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    *rollseyes* Still not gonna support any help for people who choose not to take advantage of resources already in game. No special treatment for anyone, they want an Alpha Quadrant transwarp they can earn it like everyone else, period.
    And I have provided an alternative method to "earn it" one that is used for other transwarp locations