test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Al Rivera: "We have big stuff in store for you this year. What do you think will come next."

Comments

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    A T6 K'tinga, Kamarag and Vor'cha?! Bicycle repairman?! But how?!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It is only right and proper to focus on the negative. Only negative things require a response.

Not at all.

The trait revamp where they split space/ground and made respecs free, and the the removal of many of the sector space walls were, for example, almost entirely positive. The BOff training revamp, however, was done so Cryptic could stick more stuff in lockboxes. While there were aspects that were positive to many, it came with a new method of monetization which also, obviously, ended with us getting KLW which caused major balance issues and apparently was one of the causes of a lot of server problems. So if you weren't someone who spent a lot of time build-swapping you didn't gain much, but you probably had to endure at least some of the fallout.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Hopefully something different than just more episodes, reps, specs, and ships. As much as I like that stuff (except for reps) I'm ready for some sort of larger scale dynamic, repeatable content. Episodes are lovely, but after 2-3 playthroughs I'm largely done with them. I guess I just feel like the game has gotten stuck in the same old routine. Hopefully "big stuff" means breaking away from that routine.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    It's a big year for Trek. I'm sure STO will have some surprises in store for us.

I'm sure CBS will try to do everything it can to promote, for the new Movie, Series, games and Anniversary, to entice new fans into the franchise.
    Its a golden opportunity for them right now to get more Trek out there, build up the fan base.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    It's a big year for Trek. I'm sure STO will have some surprises in store for us.

I'm sure CBS will try to do everything it can to promote, for the new Movie...

That's Paramount.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I'm sure CBS will try to do everything it can to promote, for the new Movie, Series, games and Anniversary, to entice new fans into the franchise.
    Its a golden opportunity for them right now to get more Trek out there, build up the fan base.

This can only mean one thing ...

4k zen T7 ships confirmed!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I am surprised we haven't heard anything yet about what will be happening in Season 12 (Expansion 3?). It's been five months since New Dawn hit the servers.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator

Actaully... IF that was to happen... it would be 3.5K Zen as that follows the established pattern of 500 Zen per tier.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Actaully... IF that was to happen... it would be 3.5K Zen as that follows the established pattern of 500 Zen per tier.

T2 is 750​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Huh...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Was going for the obscene inflation on top of it
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I really hope a can of whoopass for the person that keeps attacking the servers to the point we can't play.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    velqua wrote: »

I really hope a can of whoopass for the idiot that keeps attacking the servers to the point we can't play.

Word on the grapevine is the can is comin'.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I hope it has something to do with the constant game lag and the DDoS attacks because it would be pointless to come out with something new and exciting if no one can log into the game.

I really hope a can of whoopass for the idiot that keeps attacking the servers to the point we can't play.

Shall I inform my tactical officer to stand by for targeting data?
    eaY7Xxu.png

Go ahead. I'm already getting authorization from GDI Command for an Ion Cannon Strike. :p
    edited February 2016
    Huh...

yes, 'huh...'; the only pricing anomaly, and one they honestly should've stuck with - 250 per tier instead of 500, so we'd end up with:

T1 at 500, T2 at 750, T3 at 1000, T4 at 1250, T5 at 1500, T5.5 at 1750 and T6 at 2000, because no single digital item that ISN'T an entire game should ever go above 20$

Go ahead. I'm already getting authorization from GDI Command for an Ion Cannon Strike. :p

and i have NOD on standby with a nuclear missile - Kane and I go way back, you know​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited February 2016
    T1 at 500, T2 at 750, T3 at 1000, T4 at 1250, T5 at 1500, T5.5 at 1750 and T6 at 2000, because no single digital item that ISN'T an entire game should ever go above 20$

Um... then unless they changed things recently why were T5 ships usually priced at 2500 Zen and T6 at 3000 Zen?

and i have NOD on standby with a nuclear missile - Kane and I go way back, you know​​

GDI Rolling Thunder! ;)
    Um... then unless they changed things recently why were T5 ships usually priced at 2500 Zen and T6 at 3000 Zen?

because Atari, Cryptic and PWE all missed the definition of MICROtransaction...and T5 ships are priced at 2K - T5.5 is 2500
    GDI Rolling Thunder! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4JbCZOVRiE​​

#LegalizeAwoo

My last T6 that I got solo was the Negh'Tev, and it was 3k Zen. Last I saw T6 ships were 3k Zen.
    yes, they are...your point being? that chart wasn't about what the pricing CURRENTLY is​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Big stuff as in you can BUY the campaign minigame for the dominion, cardassians and the krenim individually or in a minigame super bundle!

Of coarse they are all so silly they will never be added to the real game and you have to have a new character slot to play a slightly more inferior yet different version of the game within the game but sure some people will throw all their money at them for it without so much as a second thought
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Oh! Oh! Oh!

I know!... CBS ok'd the T6 Connie in honor of the 50th Anniversary.

This can only mean one thing ...

Well, if so, I've no doubt people will buy them right up.

But that's not what I had in mind for something special. :neutral:

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited February 2016
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Big stuff as in you can BUY the campaign minigame for the dominion, cardassians and the krenim individually or in a minigame super bundle!

Of coarse they are all so silly they will never be added to the real game and you have to have a new character slot to play a slightly more inferior yet different version of the game within the game but sure some people will throw all their money at them for it without so much as a second thought

This, and 8k zen a piece, or 16k for the super bundle. Each mini campaign comes with a single T5 (non-upgradeable) ship, with non-fleet quality T6s available for the normal 3k zen.
    eaY7Xxu.png

I'm sure CBS will try to do everything it can to promote, for the new Movie...

That's Paramount.

Why did you cut off my sentence ? LOL I was referring to more then just one thing.
    Yes the movie is Paramount. Mr nitpick.
    Still is 50th Anni for Trek across the board.
    So anyone in that IP family is probably working hard on marketing and such.
    At least one would hope so, or they are missing out on a golden opportunity.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Big stuff in store for 2016? Don't let your ego write checks your developers can't cash.

What do I think will come next? More lockboxes, reputation sliders, overpriced ships in the C-store, and banal content that is just repackaged stuff we have already, only slightly different in order to accomodate a paywall.

Prove me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. The game has gotten stale. There's little to no innovation. The R&D revamp was the last inspired game feature I can think of. The Iconian War did not have the pomp and fanfare I expected from a story that took 5 years to tell. I'm seeing some much needed improvements in the quality of life, and I'm seeing some real meaningful effort with improving communication and dialogue with your players.

But on the whole, it really looks like Cryptic is just phoning it in season after season. Berman and Braga phoned it in on Enterprise. Don't be like Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Don't let STO become Enterprise.

Challenge yourselves. Take more gambles. Do something we've never seen before. And for the love of Sisko, try to do it ethically.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    P.S.
    Is this forum more broken than usual? This took about a dozen attempts to get it to post properly.
    Not that I noticed. It does autosave along the way but I don't know. *shrug*
    the post button gets shut off whenever it's autosaving.... sometimes it gets stuck that way. The only way I know of to fix it is to hit preview.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Big stuff in store for 2016? Don't let your ego write checks your developers can't cash.

What do I think will come next? More lockboxes, reputation sliders, overpriced ships in the C-store, and banal content that is just repackaged stuff we have already, only slightly different in order to accomodate a paywall.

Prove me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. The game has gotten stale. There's little to no innovation. The R&D revamp was the last inspired game feature I can think of. The Iconian War did not have the pomp and fanfare I expected from a story that took 5 years to tell. I'm seeing some much needed improvements in the quality of life, and I'm seeing some real meaningful effort with improving communication and dialogue with your players.

But on the whole, it really looks like Cryptic is just phoning it in season after season. Berman and Braga phoned it in on Enterprise. Don't be like Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Don't let STO become Enterprise.

Challenge yourselves. Take more gambles. Do something we've never seen before. And for the love of Sisko, try to do it ethically.​​

I see my expectations for this game in 2016 transported well in @iconians post.

At the very least I have hopes that we won’t face another Delta Rising any time soon. It’s sad to admit it but I rather accept a stale game than such an expansion ever again.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated