test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some old episodes do not looking that good at level 60

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
I just gone through "A Step Between Stars" with my level 60 Caitan - science toon.
And i have only one word - ugh...

First some of Voth soldiers did not enter the beam/swarmer room, and stayed behind door, which closed and could not be opened
- needed to repeat whole station ground map....

Then first space enemy was 5 Undine ships! - which at once one-shoot kill me with Focused Beam.
Alright - respawn - try once more - 6 or 10 Undine Heavy Torpedos - dead second time in moments after respawn....

After that i slowly managed to kill them with Photonic Fleet help.

I'm not sure what hapened, but i'm thinking the game adapted to my 60 level, but did not notice that my ship is T5 Dyson Sci-Destroyer - with gear provided from devs.

Edit:
Oh - and that was on Normal difficulty

Comments

• themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm not sure what hapened, but i'm thinking the game adapted to my 60 level, but did not notice that my ship is T5 Dyson Sci-Destroyer - with gear provided from devs.

That's exactly what happens. You are forced into a lower level ship, probably off-spec, and presented with a challenge designed for your level. It makes it even harder when a certain Klingon captain suddenly refuses to fight. They should probably change it so that you can't be killed, like with the Enterprise-C.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Yeah that space section was flat out impossible for me on my 59 tactical, I had both the bort and the romulan flagship there and the species 8472 shields were regenerating faster than I could damage them, and the bort was just chilling there doing nothing.

Up scaled enemies + down scaled weapons = fail
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The ground enemies not coming through the door was likely from a use of something like Exothermic Induction Field too close to the door on the previous group. That has happened to me in there on my Science characters, too. As for space, I don't know, I recently did it on Elite, and it was like what you described, but on Normal, it was still fairly easy. The weapons on that ship are Mk XII Very Rare, which is usually plenty for an episode on Elite, but the Bridge officer abilities and consoles slotted, combined with the plain version of a T5 ship, which you cannot change, is not so good, and it really shows if you increase the difficulty.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Don't necessarily think that some player deployed skill caused the Voth to not go through the door. The other night I replayed Facility 4028 and Erun and my Boff (Leeta) would not go through main corridor doors. They would stop right at it but would not cross the threshold.

After a bunch of failed attempts to clear that up via logouts and logins, I restarted the client and the problem went away.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Facility 4028 mission got that problem frequently - my method here is directing single BOFFs by myself through the chokepoints..... by setting individual "waypoints" for them.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I did Undine Assault advanced yesterday with a pre-selected team and the Undine absolutely TRIBBLE us! There were so many ships it was unbelievable it took three of us just to hold the line on the bottom row and all five to push through. There were over a dozen cruisers and battleships at once!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Setting a Rally Point did not get the Boff to move. That was the first time that I had ever run that Mission where that happened.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I actually just did this at 60 and had no issue with the space section at all, but than again I don't have issues with the science destroyers either.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I just gone through "A Step Between Stars" with my level 60 Caitan - science toon.
    And i have only one word - ugh...

I actually play this mission twice today on a level 60 Fed Sci toon for the 1st time. The last time I played this mission was back in 2014.

I found the space battle with the Federation T5 DSD was doable, but it took awhile. The most jarring thing to me was not playing the mission in a T5 ship at level 60, but it was flying a ship that did not have abilities that I was used to because you are basically stuck with the USS Dyson's Boffs, not my own Boffs. I did blow up twice in the first time around, but I managed not to blow up on the 2nd run... well at least until I decided to rush into the soon to explode Undine starships at the end of the mission because I released I did not blow up during the 2nd play through.

Probably my biggest gripe about the mission is it's length especially since it takes longer to destroy Undine starship while playing at level 60 in only a T5 starship.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    @op: oh noes you had to do something besides drool on the spacebar!
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Re-played this today had the same issue 3 undine ships spawned and just 1 shot me with focused beams. was like.. wtf??

Than the Lisiat sat there doing nothing.. the mission took FOREVER to complete and I died a ton to massive hits from ramped up undine cirts.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Its not that what is going on is your put in a seriously weak ship against NPC of a much much higher level then what your ship is intended to fight, there for you wind up out gunned and unable to do much damage due to the undine regening faster then you can do damage.

In short it needs to be adjusted either have that mission be level specific, or adjust it with a T6 vessel that can fight off the high level undine.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    The final space fight is balanced on the fact that you get support from two main battle ships, Bortas'que, Llisset and Enterprise. Sometimes a bug occurs so your allies do not engage. Even on normal level, solo, you are going to have a hard time. Your opponents bring in ships with as much as 600 HP and you are flying in a science ship, a loaner. Pronanly not something that you have set up for the perfect fight.

It is a story mission. I have no problem that allies take the big part. We are almost always railroaded through this kind of content. If we are supposed to go on our knees, I would not mind, but please, let me bring my own ship and crew.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Yeah - but i when i go against around 4+ Undine Destroyers at once, before the Allies arrive (first space enemy after that 2 Voth patrols - remember), and they welcome me all with focused beams, then all immediately after shot Heavy Torpedoes - i got killed 2 times before i could look over the battlefield, and not just make any strategy that does not involve "space-bar autofire"...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I ran it on normal, and the species 8472 dreadnoughts were regenerating their shields faster than I was damaging them, while my buddies did nothing.

Clearly, there IS an issue.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png