test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is a Klingon supposed to get free Tier 3 or 4 ships?

johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
I got to level 30 before completing The House Always Wins. I got a Lieutenant Ship Requisition Token and was able to get a free Tier 2 ship with it. But all the Tier 3 and above ships are showing either Dilithium or EC or Zen costs. Are the free versions of those higher level ships tied to missions too? Or did I disqualify myself by advancing levels too quickly? Or is it a bug? I couldn't for the life of me find any documentation of the intended progression on the wiki or from googling. Thank you!

Best Answers

• ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2016 Answer ✓
    Test of Mettle
    this mission give u first new ship - can be startet at level 8 , but u cant buy new ship till u hit lvl 10
    u must at least start this mission and take ship , or J'mpok dont give u ANY other rank-up mission

after u finish this mission J'mpok give u each 10 levels normal rank-up missions , if u dont see them check "avaiable" tab in journal / quest log , if u re lvl 30 u find there "promotion to Lieutnant" and "promotion to commander"

then u need speak to J'mpok for finish first (lieutnant) , start second (commander), run out from great hall ( untill u leave great hall u still see "Speak to Jmpok" instead "go before High Council"
    mzspQIG.jpg

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    ajalen wrote: »
    Test of Mettle
    this mission give u first new ship - can be startet at level 8 , but u cant buy new ship till u hit lvl 10
    u must at least start this mission and take ship , or J'mpok dont give u ANY other rank-up mission

after u finish this mission J'mpok give u each 10 levels normal rank-up missions , if u dont see them check "avaiable" tab in journal / quest log , if u re lvl 30 u find there "promotion to Lieutnant" and "promotion to commander"

then u need speak to J'mpok for finish first (lieutnant) , start second (commander), run out from great hall ( untill u leave great hall u still see "Speak to Jmpok" instead "go before High Council"

Confirming that what @ajalen wrote here is absolutely correct. Was about to write the same myself - completing "Test of Mettle" is the key.
    HQroeLu.jpg

Answers

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    As far as I know, you are supposed to get a free ship token at every new rank(every 10 levels), but only if you are a subscriber(monthly or LT).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Found this:
    At each new rank between Level 10 and Level 40, players are given a free star ship token for the respective tier. The last token they get, at level 40, is for a Tier 5 ship which cannot be made T5-U. After this, any new Tier 5 (fleet, T5-U) or Tier 6 (fleet) ships must be bought with dilithium Refined dilithium icon.png, Lobi Crystal Lobi Crystal icon.png, energy credits Energy credit icon.png, Zen Zen small icon.png, or from a fleet, for Fleet Credits and Fleet Ship Modules, or lastly, won from a Lock Box or a Promotion.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    That said, you may need to complete the promotion mission to get it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Is it not the case that the free ships actually are tied to being awarded at a particular mission rather than when rank changes for KDF and Rom. I'm sure this is the case - thinking specifically KDF, I seem to recall being given a new ship and their being a mission related to the event.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Sorry, I don't think my specific question was clear. I'll try again :). I already know the following:

1. A Klingon can't get any free ships until after the first mission (The House Always Wins) is completed, no matter what level he's at when that happens. There's more than enough anecdotal evidence (including my own case) to confirm this.

2. If a Klingon completes The House Always Wins before hitting level 20, then a free Tier 2 ship is awarded as soon as the next mission is picked up, and then the pattern becomes the same as for Feds (free ships at 20, 30, 40).

What's unique in my case is that I passed level 30 before completing The House Always Wins. All I got was the free Tier 2 token. So what I'm asking is, when (if at all) will I get the Tier 3 and Tier 4 tokens? I've relogged several times, and all the Tier 3 and 4 ships are still showing Dil or Zen costs. I really don't want to try to go all the way from level 30 to level 40 in a Tier 2 ship. But I also don't want to spend Dil unnecessarily, when I might very well get that same ship for free just around the corner, when some magical undocumented milestone occurs. And whatever the answer is, is it "as intended" or is it a bug? I'd like to know whether to submit a ticket.

Oh and I'm a Lifetime Subscriber, in case that matters.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    To get a new rank ship token, you need to complete the rank-up mission from J'm'pok. Aka you need to go see him in the great hall.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Sorry, I don't think my specific question was clear. I'll try again :). I already know the following:

1. A Klingon can't get any free ships until after the first mission (The House Always Wins) is completed, no matter what level he's at when that happens. There's more than enough anecdotal evidence (including my own case) to confirm this.

2. If a Klingon completes The House Always Wins before hitting level 20, then a free Tier 2 ship is awarded as soon as the next mission is picked up, and then the pattern becomes the same as for Feds (free ships at 20, 30, 40).

What's unique in my case is that I passed level 30 before completing The House Always Wins. All I got was the free Tier 2 token. So what I'm asking is, when (if at all) will I get the Tier 3 and Tier 4 tokens? I've relogged several times, and all the Tier 3 and 4 ships are still showing Dil or Zen costs. I really don't want to try to go all the way from level 30 to level 40 in a Tier 2 ship. But I also don't want to spend Dil unnecessarily, when I might very well get that same ship for free just around the corner, when some magical undocumented milestone occurs. And whatever the answer is, is it "as intended" or is it a bug? I'd like to know whether to submit a ticket.

Oh and I'm a Lifetime Subscriber, in case that matters.

If you've levelled up the normal way and spoken to J'mpok, checked your mission log and cant see any additional requirements, then it is starting to sound like a bug.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You might need to talk to Jm'pok twice -- try leaving the hall and re-entering.

Also, go to starship and shuttle requisitions to see if you got the ship token without seeing an extra mission. I'm pretty sure during double XP events I've had KDF and Romulan characters get 2 tokens with only one visible promotion mission.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Yes you're right, everything was fine after I finished Test of Mettle. A couple "Promotion" missions popped up one after the other then. Thank you! :)