test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so do the console bonuses justify buying the bundle?

On most bundle ships I only fly the tac version, occasionally the science one, but rarely do I use the whole bonus sets because there are usually superior builds using other ones. So I'm thinking of the buying the scimitar t6 and possibly the odyssey fed t6, but for that price I can get the romulan bundle. I have seen the descriptions; I hope to hear from someone who has used the bundle set and get some feedback. I do own the t5 bundles of both fed and rom, and I have the krenim science ship.
I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I'm thinking of getting the mega-bundle partly for the science and tac mastery traits. Both look useful for other ships even if I don't keep flying the ships. I have Fed, KDF and Romulan captains so just getting the tac cruisers adds up to 3/4 of the bundle cost.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The four console set is amusing (my Fed-engineer captain took the tactical Flagship out for a few runs and it's crazy indestructible with those consoles working together) but I bought the pack primarily for the ship traits. The synergy between Supercharged Weaponry and Weapon Synergy from the 1,000-day veteran ships looks like it could herald the beginnings of a whole new class of top tier DPS builds.
  • georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Depends. Bundle consoles can either be good, great or Really Bad depending on the person using it. There are arguments that they are bad but for some and this entirely also be because of what ships you're talking about here.

There are certainly an almost finite way of building your ship and even more ways of playing. Like everything else for every build you loose, some you gain some.

But to be honest the only true thing most people would agree is that bundles are for aesthetic purposes mostly. I have known who actually bought bundles not because of the consoles but because of the customization.

In the end it's your money, your time and most of all your ability to have fun or not that you should really think about. Just don't made the decision I made though. I bought the Presidio alone and then later because I wanted to try the 4th console I decided to buy the other 2. Then Cryptic dropped the bomb about the freaking "Exclusivity" my TRIBBLE without a warning. Sucks really but hey I still am enjoying the 2 other consoles and their synergy.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    But to be honest the only true thing most people would agree is that bundles are for aesthetic purposes mostly. I have known who actually bought bundles not because of the consoles but because of the customization.

This is exactly why I'll be getting the bundle, for kitbash reasons only.

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    No but the traits are.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    IMO, its all great. I may be one of the few people who really like all 3 ship sets, even the T6 scimitar bundle. My only problem with any of these bundles is the price. 100 dollors for a upgrade is beyond madness. Hell, blizzard doesn't even charge that much for a collectors edition of a wow expansion and thats 10,000x more content than 9 ships. Like I said though. I love everything about these ships. Its just that price. If you can afford it, as in throwing 100 dollors at something without regret. Then I say go for it. I believe you will have alot of fun out of these ships.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    SO DO THE CONSOLE BONUSES JUSTIFY BUYING THE BUNDLE?

The answer to this, regardless of console, is always "Only if you're a power player."
    <3
  • originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    So I went ahead and sprung for the whole 9 ship bundle even though I don't really have a kdf character set up to fly one of them but they'll all benefit from admiralty if nothing else. Anything else meant I was spending almost the same money for less. Then the DDos attack came and kicked me out. One man appears to be able to thwart ISPs and Cryptic anytime he wants with impunity. That reason alone makes me sort of regret my purchase. Why haven't they found and arrested this jerk yet? He's done it repeatedly, surely he leaves a trail for law enforcement.
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So I went ahead and sprung for the whole 9 ship bundle even though I don't really have a kdf character set up to fly one of them but they'll all benefit from admiralty if nothing else. Anything else meant I was spending almost the same money for less. Then the DDos attack came and kicked me out. One man appears to be able to thwart ISPs and Cryptic anytime he wants with impunity. That reason alone makes me sort of regret my purchase. Why haven't they found and arrested this jerk yet? He's done it repeatedly, surely he leaves a trail for law enforcement.

He pays a separate company to do it, and this kinda thing isn't so easy to trace. It took other hackers to identify and stop the guys that were bringing down Xbox LIVE and PSN a year or so ago, this will likely take the same thing.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png