Install Arc

Sojourner Class Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    All of this is going to happen Thursday, right?! *hope*

If a 'stats' blog is released later it is probably safe to assume that the ships hit the C-store tomorrow.

They already said it's coming on Thursday in the pictures they released on twitter.
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No problem just have to decide between the Sojourner or Yorktown now! I would prefer to see the top of the Sojourner first between I make a final comment on the design.
    Post edited by rangerryu on
  • gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm not the biggest fan of it, there are a couple of good aspects. But it feels like the designer tried to make it like the majestic class, which doesn't really fit. There's a tiny possibility that I would pick up the tac variant, but in reality i'm just waiting for this to be over with so dil exchange prices will recover like they were before the ships were announced.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    It seems a little bit of the NX can be found here, with how the upper half of the saucer section is sub-divided...

[img]https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/29/bb/29bb6ae4259ab9573b65efe8e75c07721455044831.png[/img]
    and
    http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/NX-O1-star-trek-enterprise-547586_1024_768.jpg
    Post edited by tousseau on
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    im both happy and annoyed.
    Happy cause it looks wonderful and can ditch my command ship (which ive fallen out with look wise) and go back to my love.
    Im annoyed because i dont get paid till next Friday and cant afford the ship till then :(
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I Think it looks rather nice also along with the Yorktown. The endeavor would not be bad either if they went back and reworked the noise on it. the top view of it in particular makes it look bad with that expanded dark band and extra-long windows that make it look like the texture is distorted and stretched out.

Something that would have been fun to see on the sojourner would have been an option to have quad nacelles like the vet and command ships it just makes it look beefier if you wanted.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Granted I never been a fan of the Odyssey class and variants. This one does help some in the looks. But to me its still horrible for looks.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I take it back, the Sojourner is ugly as sin. I'm really very upset at that, too. The low angle was so nice, but everything about it from the new angles provided is just terrible.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    as long as it is not an oddy class ship thats fine, i have no issue with it. of course if its seen in all its glory and it isnt really that great looking, it wouldnt be the first design cryptic has made as ugly as sin..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I take it back, the Sojourner is ugly as sin. I'm really very upset at that, too. The low angle was so nice, but everything about it from the new angles provided is just terrible.

It's a good thing we can ktibash it with a bunch of other versions, though I dont' think I used a single piece of the Sojourner when I kitbashed my ship. :D
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I fixed it by switching out the nacelles and Pylons to science/tactical respectively.

I have to admit I'm less sold on it from a top down view as I was the bottom.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

^^ 100% Agreed. Fugly as hell.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Personally, I like to use the Sojourner stardrive section and then all original Oddy parts. With the upgrades Cryptic made to the original Odyssey model and the Sojorner's slimmer profile and "classic" round deflector it makes the ship look a bit more like a giant Sovereign vaguely melded with a heavily upgraded constitution refit. (The last bit again mostly thanks to the Sojuorner's deflector. I also used type 3 hull material and a very pale blue/silver colored Andromeda pattern to match 23rd century color schemes) I'm sure that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I kind of like the look, and it definitely takes away a lot of the "bloated" feel of the Oddy's original stardrive.

I'm still tempted to return to my Fleet Arbiter out of a sad and ingrained reliance on better turn rates + cannons (Even though I'm getting kind of bored with it; the Arbiter is efficient but the Flagship consoles are fun :) ), but the look of this ship alone is making it a hard decision. Perhaps I'll keep using it for Episodes and the Undine Battlezone and then use the Arbiter for tougher queues and the Badlands Battlezone. o:)

On the other hand I can't say I'm too fond of the Sojourner's saucer though, which is one of the reasons I stuck with the original. I usually really like "classic" round saucers, but for some reason the Sojourner's dosen't work for me.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    It's a bit more oval than I expected which is fine per se but I like perfectly circular more, I'm sure their just saving it for the T6 Sovvy.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    this will be the first ship bundle I buy. The Sci Oddy is my main flag ship, and it's time for a refit - she's been banged up lately.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    The Sojourner is surprisingly nice when you use Odyssey nacelles and Odyssey/Yorktown pylons. It's not necessarily a ship I'd fly, but it has a classical quality about it. It then becomes the large family friendly galaxy successor. With sleek lines.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Looks more like what the Ambassador would look like if it went T6, I'm not too fond of the design though, doesn't fit the Odyssey's theme. I only like the Yorktown since it kept the Odysseys design with that T6 flare to it.
  • gman5473gman5473 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ok please forgive me if this is a dumb question but i was wondering if I buy the Tactical Star Cruiser aka Endeavor class starship, would I be able to customize it with the Operations or Science Star Cruiser parts too? Just curious before I make the buy.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    gman5473 wrote: »
    Ok please forgive me if this is a dumb question but i was wondering if I buy the Tactical Star Cruiser aka Endeavor class starship, would I be able to customize it with the Operations or Science Star Cruiser parts too? Just curious before I make the buy.

Not unless you buy all three.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    gman5473 wrote: »

1) Necromancy is not okay. (Don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than a month. Create your own.)
    2) You need to buy all three variants to use two other variant's parts on another.
    3) @pwlaughingtrendy (or any other moderator) please save us from the zombie hoard!
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
This discussion has been closed.