test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Flag Ship Bundles: Must have missed that re-new ship bundle purchase discount....

I know there has to be a "You bough it before for too much, so buy it again for more Discount" that would be appropriate for those that paid $50 for the old 3-ship bundle or $100 for the9-ship mega-bundle....

I'll keep looking (and wondering... where's the motivation to spend... more for the same....)

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    There are already existing whine threads about this. Go add your boohoo over on those.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    There are already existing whine threads about this. Go add your boohoo over on those.

And your rant is appreciated for its lack of value.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    This has been argued to death and beyond now. Fact is, whether there should be a discount or not--and honestly, I'm undecided on the issue--there is zero point in asking about it. Cryptic hasn't done it before, they're not going to do it now. Asking a question where the answer is already plain is a waste of space.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Not like this is the first ship that had previous versions sold. It isn't even new since T6. Look at the Galaxy and all it's variants. How many times have people had to buy that ship in order to get the set? No discount for past purchases. Why do you think this ship and it's owners get to be special little snowflakes?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Not like this is the first ship that had previous versions sold. It isn't even new since T6. Look at the Galaxy and all it's variants. How many times have people had to buy that ship in order to get the set? No discount for past purchases. Why do you think this ship and it's owners get to be special little snowflakes?

Exactly. Whatever the answer "should" be, it is quite clearly No. Can we all move along to more productive topics?
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    LOL
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    *Grabs popcorn *
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    LOL, even before T6 even existed, at no time did owning a lower tiered C-Store ship give you a discount for the next, higher tiered version of that same ship. Example:

Owning that T4 C-Store Galaxy did not get you a discount for the T5 version of the same ship. When T6 came out years after that T5 version, surprise, surprise! You still didn't get a discount.

The fools around this game to my amusement are still surprised by this despite it being the S.O.P. of this game since C-Store ships were being put out.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    <provides apropos background music...>

https://youtu.be/NjxNnqTcHhg

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *scratches his bumm and takes a handfull of popcorn from Semalda's popcorn bowl...*
  • Options
    tousseau wrote: »
    *scratches his bumm and takes a handfull of popcorn from Semalda's popcorn bowl...*
    <wonders what butt-scratch popcorn tastes like>

<==NOT a flavoring in my spice cabinet!!

:p
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Baaaaa....
    shaun1-692x600.jpg

or better yet...

star_trek_sheep.jpg?height=400&width=400&qv=90&AttributeValue=Canvas%20Art&Size=40x15

B)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The only time you got a discount with the Galaxy was if you bought them all in a bundle and that was before the T6s. And do you know what? You still had to buy the T6 Versions of the Galaxy-X and Galaxy (Yamato and Andromeda respectively) .

Now you could get a discount in picking up those T6 Galaxy variations as part of two Cross-faction Bundles, the Dreadnought Bundle and the Iconic Ship Bundle. But the old never cheapened the new, sad as that may be.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    I know there has to be a "You bough it before for too much, so buy it again for more Discount" that would be appropriate for those that paid $50 for the old 3-ship bundle or $100 for the9-ship mega-bundle....

I'll keep looking (and wondering... where's the motivation to spend... more for the same....)

Maybe you'll find it next to the 9-ship mega-bundle of Tier 5 flagships that you mentioned. The one that never existed.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    delaromadelaroma Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    seen enough of these threads since season 8 sooooooooooo ....... in before the lock and can I haz ya stuff?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

A kind of discount of course is the reusaiblity of ship-limited consoles and ship skins.

If you bought a Tier 5 Galaxy and a Tier 6 Valiant, there are no such benefits. You fly a totally different ship and your Tier 5 investment offers no value for the Tier 6 ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Who else thinks this is the next topic to be added to the FCT?
  • Options
    horatiofenixhoratiofenix Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    People don't demand they get a significant discount when Apple release a "new" iPhone just because they bought the old one last year.

People don't demand a discount when their car manufacturer releases the new model of their current car just because they bought the older model a couple years ago.

People don't demand a discount when Samsung release the model up from their current TV just because they bought the previous model last year.

Do you get it? The old Scimitar pack and the old flagship packs are a few years old now, you have had more than enough time to get the most out of the ships, I for one got it shortly after release and have had it as my primary ever since so I got my monies worth and then some.

The motivation is the same with any ship in the game, it's a personal choice. I for one LOVE the Scimi so it's a no-brainier for me as I spend most of my time in that ships and I want some fancy new visuals and a slight buff to its stats. If you barely use the original then don't get it. Then again if you love the original and don't want the newer one then don't, hell the T5-U Scimi is by no means a pushover and even compared to T6 ships it shines despite not having any specialization seating.

As with everything in this game, and indeed the world, when a new version of something is released it's your choice to get it or not, they show you what it is and what it can do and if you don't want it then they really don't care because many many others will.
    Your not entitled to any form of discount just because you bought the previous ships.
    star_trek_scimitar_redesign_2_by_adamburn-d93puvq.jpg