test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Stats

Comments

• viox2kviox2k Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    can we please get more detailed info on traits and consoles.....numbers u know
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    trejgon wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who noticed flagship technologies set using krenim science ship console as a set part?

REALLY?!
    AGAIN?

Cryptic haven't yet resolved issue of people that missed 5th anniversary ship not being able to have a full set of command battlecruiser consoles and now you are doing exacly same thing with next anniversary ship and following zenpacks?

this is one of the most Illogical things I've noticed in game development - wasn't community whining about samsar console laud enought or what?

This will keep me from buying the packs for either the new flag ships or the command ships, I will not pay for part of the product when I cant get the rest of it because I happen to miss an event. Not thrilled with these ships anyways, Commander Eng. Boff slot on all 3 variants(Rom excluded) is well just useless. Nope these ships even at a sale price are just not a good buy IMO even with yet another shiny new trait.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Bortasqu' here I come! 6.5 turn rate and 30 inertia means it's no longer a lumbering turtle. It's too bad the new variants don't look as menacing as the old T5 variant. I'll probably just switch out the nacelles as the old ones loved to irradiate its crew members.

It's too bad the console sets don't take into account the old T5 consoles. Having a console set include an anniversary ship is lame. Regardless, I'll be picking one up and strapping on my old Hoh'sus console to it so I can TRIBBLE the BoP out to my heart's content.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Seeing these from different angles...they're actually not bad looking at all. Personally I think the Romulans got the ugly stick, but I do like the Khopesh model the best of their three. The Federation ships are very nice. I may get a Klingon one for my collection.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    null

I just realized that the nacelles visible from the KDF cruiser's bridge will probably still be the Bortasqu nacelles. Hopefully we will be able to use the old ship parts in the ship tailor, or the incongruity will drive me to drink. More.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Only one complaint and is just something from an engineering view, why just why are there weapon emitters on the engines? Who in Star Fleet would think its a great idea to put a phaser emitter on a warp nacelle. A high energy weapon firing from a place where you never want high energy weapons to hit or cause an inbalance in the energy flow. It just takes me out of the game when ever I see a ship firing off a beam from one of the nacelles.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that those phaser emitters are there to dissuade enemy ships from firing on those nacelles with high energy weapons.

It might break your immersion, but I'd prefer firing phasers from my warp nacelles than watching my phasers fire through my warp nacelles like the Sovereign does. You need your ship to be able to fire from any direction at a 360 degree angle, it makes sense to have weapon emitters on your blind spots. The nacelles are massive blind spots.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Whilst I didn't like the look of the new Romulan ships, the new images today have changed my mind. All curves instead of the T5 skins straight lines...

I love the very traditional Trek-shape of the Sojourner, but I might have to replace the nacelles as they are a bit too flat for my liking. The nacelles from the Yorktown would definitely be my preferred choice there.

I love the beautiful Martok class for the KDF - it's very much like a muscle-bound Nagh'Var.

Whilst I do not see anything in these stats that disappoint me, I am disappointed that I'll need 6 console slots to use the New T6 abilities and the older T5 abilities fully.

Congratulations on designing some impressive-looking ships!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    The Krenim Science Vessel is part of the set bonuses for these ships?

Wow Cryptic. Just wow. This is a new low for you. Can you be anymore desperate for people to spend money on this grind-fest you call a "game"? The Krenim ship is supposed to mark 6 years of keeping this game alive and reward us, the player base, for the continued support. And instead of making that console be by itself, you lock bonuses that it has behind brand new ZEN ships after pushing the ZEN exchange up to 300+ in the past couple months? What does a Krenim ship have to do with a Federation/Klingon/Romulan ship anyways?

You know what, Trendy was right: calling Cryptic "Craptic" is unimaginative. It actually deserves an even LESS imaginative name, because this game has become less imaginative than even the most dull games out there!
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Only one complaint and is just something from an engineering view, why just why are there weapon emitters on the engines? Who in Star Fleet would think its a great idea to put a phaser emitter on a warp nacelle. A high energy weapon firing from a place where you never want high energy weapons to hit or cause an inbalance in the energy flow. It just takes me out of the game when ever I see a ship firing off a beam from one of the nacelles.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that those phaser emitters are there to dissuade enemy ships from firing on those nacelles with high energy weapons.

It might break your immersion, but I'd prefer firing phasers from my warp nacelles than watching my phasers fire through my warp nacelles like the Sovereign does. You need your ship to be able to fire from any direction at a 360 degree angle, it makes sense to have weapon emitters on your blind spots. The nacelles are massive blind spots.​​

I noticed people also forgot the show put Phaser emitters onto Warp Nacelles aka the U.S.S. Venture

Anyway as for the ships I'll pick up the Yorktown variant,don't think the ship bonuses warrant in my eyes a purchase of the three.
  • peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Will the T-6 Scimitars be able to use Romulan Drone ship hanger pets like the T-5 ?, as it only mentions Scorpions.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

Have to agree, it might not be the most elegant solution but still better than the alternative.
    saber1973a wrote: »
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Hey @gorngonzolla - any chance the T5 Fed set got fixed so it can use Chevron Separation and The Aquarius consoles at the same time?

Yes please fix it - as it is it was why i did not buy T5 Odyssey bundle and got Galaxy Pack for my Feds.

Edit:
    I got the T5 Scimitar and Bortasqu Bundles for my Romulans and KDF, but Odyssey was "either chevron separate or Aquarius" - so no - thank you.

Doubt this will happen. The lockout of the 2nd pet is intentional and dosen't need to be "fixed" from their perspective. Not sure if it would be too OP, though I kinda doubt it.

I'd settle for being able to give it commands like hangar pets so it will at least do the stuff I'd want.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Phaser emitters on nacelles will always look weird to me but I can understand why they went with that choice as the aft section of the Odyssey is pretty flat. Who knows, maybe you can headcanon it by saying it's more efficient to route warp power from the nacelle into those phaser strips.

I personally won't be getting the Odyssey as I already have the Guardian. Bortasqu' all the way! And I'm sure Scimitar fans will be quite the happy campers with the tactical variant console and trait.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    And ZEN has gone up regardless because people can't take a hint!

• crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Will the T-6 Scimitars be able to use Romulan Drone ship hanger pets like the T-5 ?, as it only mentions Scorpions.

Yes.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    Wait so...

One version from each only has one Lt. Commander slot coupled with three lowly Lieutenants.

While the others all have two Lt. Commander, one Lieutenant and an Ensign?

That doesn't seem right.

What does not seem legit? Seems legit to me. We can not have everything. There is flexibility all over the place here. These ships are a marked improvement over their T5 counterparts.

There was a time when Lt. Commander abilities were our heavy hitters, and Lieutenant abilities were our workhorse powers. That's no longer the case. We are now at a point where cool down reduction is everywhere and Lt. Commander powers are now, more often than not, sitting at global cool downs when used. They're now not just our heavy hitters, but also our workhorse powers, relegating Lieutenant abilities to build fillers, along with the Ensigns who used to fill that role.

So no, this isn't "flexibility". It essentially just means that Cryptic is only really releasing six ships that are worth owning, and the other three are just there to fill spots in the pack so they can charge for nine ships instead of six.
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kirjah wrote: »
    Is there any special dev-magic reason why the T6 versions of the Odyssey and Bortasqu classes get some significant base stat upgrades according to the stat pages, including the Bortasqu going from 5.5 turn and 18 inertia to 6.5 turn and 30 inertia, but the T6 version of the Scimitar is identical to T5U except for +1 boff ability slot?

It seems to make the T6 Scimitar variants the least valuable pack out of the three factions by a significant margin. I saved up the zen already, and that's giving me some pause.

The T5 and T5U Scimitars were already head-and-shoulders over Odyssey and Bort. That gap has been narrowed at T6--by a tiny amount--but they're still by far the better ships.
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Yes please fix it - as it is it was why i did not buy T5 Odyssey bundle and got Galaxy Pack for my Feds.

As far as I know, inability to use Chevron + Aquarius separations simultaneously is as designed and there is no intent to change that.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    On a more serious note: Can the T5 flagship set be used on the T6 flagships?

Indeed! You can use the T5 Odyssey consoles on the T6 variants. Same is true for Bortasqu' and Scimitar variants. Note that the 3 new consoles found on the T6 variants are in their own separate set.

Phil “Gorngonzolla” Zeleski
    Cryptic Studios
    Lead Systems Designer

In that case I have to ask why the consoles from the T6 versions don't include to clicky powers of the T5 versions? I'm not going to take up 7 out of 11 console slots just to run both sets. If I'm flying an Odyssey I want saucer separation. I actually find the T5 Bort console set useful, and while I don't have the T5 Scimitars what sane Scimitar pilot that has access to both the T5 and T6 versions is going to give up their OP T5 console set?

I want the Fed and KDF ships (the Rom ones I can go either way with, but I'm happy with my current setups on my Rom characters), the Gorkon in particular looks like the real winner out of the nine, and I want the sci trait for my Fed and KDF sci's real bad. But having to choose between the running the T5 or the T6 console sets takes this from a Day 1 Megapack purchase to a buy it down the road during a better ship sale.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Can I use my anniversary Odyssey design on the Fed Flagships? Will the Flagships also have the advanced QSD, the standard QSD or something new? Will the recharge time be reduced? Since these ships have been made after the season 10. There should be major improvements from what has been learned from Iconian technology and other species from an engineering point of view. Thank you for the Flagships.
  • damogow666damogow666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    im trying to find out can these t6 flagships use the t5 consoles or not?
    my bad so they can might invest in the new scimitar
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    damogow666 wrote: »
    im trying to find out can these t6 flagships use the t5 consoles or not?
    my bad so they can might invest in the new scimitar
    It was stated many Times - yes - the T6 Flagships will be able to use consoles from T5 Flagships (but we will need to actually own the T5 flagships to get the consoles from them still)
    Edit:
    Oh - you already edited....
  • lighthawkusalighthawkusa Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Please post the "costumes" these ships have access to. Can you make them look like the T5 variants of you wanted to? Can any of them look like the Galaxy class or the Sovereign class?
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Please post the "costumes" these ships have access to. Can you make them look like the T5 variants of you wanted to? Can any of them look like the Galaxy class or the Sovereign class?

It's already been stated that they can use the costumes from the T5 equivalents. Galaxy or Sovereign, though? No. Using skins from outside the class has never been done, and I'd be very surprised if they started now.
  • peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User

Yes.

Good to know thanks.
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User

I imagine they at least have the costumes of the T5 versions. I doubt they'll have Galaxy or Sovereign costumes, though the Tac nacelles added to the Sci variant will be damn close to Sovvie.​​
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Still no hangars for the FED/KDF variants. Really?
  • stormymavstormymav Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    The one thing lacking to me from the Odyssey Class ships was customization. Will we be able to customize the Fed ships using parts from each of the skins (and possibly the T5 skin)?
    ctia09nxz9n2.png
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    They got their own pets - Aquarius/Chevron and that Bird of Prey, and they are more usefull than hangar pets - unless you got elite ones.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    The only thing that kept me from getting the old Odyssey was its ugly whale belly. Ive been asking for new parts for it for years. I MAY be tempted to buy the whole 3 ship Fed set just to do some kit bashing. I assume all these new parts fit with original Odyssey parts? Looking at the parts available, I want a Odyssey saucer, Odyssey swept back pylons, Sojourner (Sovereign looking) hull, and the Endeavor nacelles. Hopefully that old free T5 free Odyssey is available to reclaim (I think I deleted it), so I can go in the ship designer and preview my kit bash before buying the bundle. If it looks like Im expecting it to, $50 SOLD this weekend. If the parts dont play nice with original Odyssey stuff, and I have no way to preview it, forget it.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I like the designs of the (3) Fed flagships, but imo the Yorktown looks more Tactical & the Endeavour looks like the Science version. Not too impressed with their Fed BOFF & console layouts neither.

Where's the logic in tandeming the Krenim Science Vessel to any of flagships besides marketing?

With the KDF versions I'd use the Gorkon ship with different design skins. Decent appearances for the KDFs though along with comparable decent stats which is surprising.

For Romulans that Khopesh as a word has a look & sound similar to StarGate. All the Rom designs look good. The Roms have a Hangar Bay which is nice & a bit unique compared to the others. Do the other 2 factions have a uniqueness or did I miss it?

I'll consider again while the sale is going-on, but no sale for me. Not worth it imo, & out of principle still too for myself for shoddy customer service. Maybe they'll give away one of these for not playing eventually.
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    KDF tactical has five tac consoles despite being a cruiser with a commander engineering, this goes against the policy they set up during Delta Rising.

Science Scimitar has five science consoles despite not being a science ships with a commander science... again it defies their own rules though I'm sure the T5 versions do the same thing I just never payed attention because they were ugly.

Still worth pointing out this discrepancy.

Frankly I see this as a good thing, they're actually mixing things up a little for a change and it gives these ships a difference to all the other cruisers they've released at T6 already.