test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Every single time that I play, the game crashes!!!

I really hope that I am not the only that this happens to, because if any of you get as PO'ed because of it, there will be way too many angry and pissed off Star Trek fans out there!!

Comments

• jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    well i stiil get the crash or map loading not finshing to load. so every time i have to restart the game and it will run fine for awhile then it locks up again. its not my pc because the game ran fine util the last update. but i hve noticed alot of lag on ground missions and is unplayable on the solane maps.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Random crashes have become nearly a show-stopper for me. For some reason, these seem to happen with greater frequency while I'm working in the fleet mine, irrespective of whether it's KDF or Fed. 5 CTD's so far today, mostly in the fleet mines.

My info:

ISP: Century Link
    Geo: Phoenix, AZ
    Date: 2am-1pm today
    CPU: Intel i3 w/integrated graphics 3.4GHz
    RAM: Corsair 4Gb DDR3

Trace route:
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.0.1
    2 26ms 21ms 22ms phnx-ds1-gw68.phnx.qwest.net [67.40.227.68]
    3 23ms 51ms 21ms phnx-agw1.inet.qwest.net [75.160.238.25]
    4 80ms 81ms 84ms bst-edge-05.inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130]
    5 81ms 82ms 81ms 65.120.117.250
    6 81ms 81ms 81ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net 63.251.128.104]
    7 81ms 80ms 80ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    8 81ms 81ms 81ms 198.49.243.250
    9 81ms 83ms 81ms 198.49.243.253
    10 * * * Request timed out
    11 82ms 82ms 82ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.195.185.41]

Trace complete.

Is Cryptic really using an XBox server for STO??
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • sto13tim#1245 sto13tim Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have to recommend that no one tries playing through the foundry mission Purity 1 and/or 2. Since both of them have frozen multiple times on me, to the point that it gave me the option to close it or wait for it. From experience in the first part of it, hoping that it will return to normalcy by waiting does not happen, so during those multiple times it froze, I was forced to just end it and not bother trying with Purity 3.
  • jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    ok when the map load screen lockup i have notice that the ARC ovrlay and sto client is running the cpu useage way over 70%. so thats way the map load screen loacks up. i hope that the devs look into this. i dont know if this is happening with the steam overlay or not, if someone is running through steam and look and see if it has the same problem.
    I hope they look into it as well. Maybe I was wrong about the foundry mission Purity? Because every time I play any mission, foundry or regular, it always locks up or freezes while loading a new map. Usually at the same time too!!! Which is getting old really fast
  • thomas128thomas128 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am getting really angry here, over the weekend i have had over 50 crashes and i paid for a subsribstion and now i cant even log in to get anything done without it crashing. Ever since the anniversery started it crashes every 5 freaking minutes, my suggestion to the people FIX IT SOON. I had tried to get in and report on the game but it crashes the minute the menu opens so i am here reporting it... STO is starting to suck and I feel like i wasted alot of time and frustration on a game that i use to love, now i am hating it because of this issue.
    I'm in the same boat as you thomas128. I've paid for the subscription and now that I not only have to deal with it always locking up when moving to a new map, I have not received any of the points for completing missions, and this time I am not even talking about foundry missions. I have completed 13-14 regular missions and when I goto my characters menu to dole out the skill points, it has said that I have just 500 points remaining for the last 2 nights after completing those 13-14 missions. I even did the Starfleet 101 and 102 and that didn't give me anything!!! I have sent in a ticket regarding this 2 days ago, and still haven't heard anything from tech support!!! It really seems like they are taking a lot longer than ever to respond to any of my tickets. Which should not be the case considering how much money I have spent on this game. Now I almost wished that I never did buy this subscription, since it has not given me any benefits by doing it!!!!
    Before whenever I sent in a ticket, for similar issues, within a day someone going by the name TEK would always get back to me regarding my concern or issue with the game. Now, even if it is something like not being able to login, takes days for an answer to rectify the situation!!!!
  • drdrahcirdrdrahcir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same issue almost everytime now ( since last update) that it goes to a transition screen ( enter system, transwarp etc) it loads as far as 40 % approx and then fails. I notice it happens just before the new time & tide screen comes up ( it has worked probably 3 times in the last few days without a crash) Its ridiculous just doing the daily Anni grind mission is taking a min of 6 restarts!!!! And its not as if the bloody free ship will be any good anyway Im only doing it for the console.
    drdrahcir wrote: »
    Same issue almost everytime now ( since last update) that it goes to a transition screen ( enter system, transwarp etc) it loads as far as 40 % approx and then fails. I notice it happens just before the new time & tide screen comes up ( it has worked probably 3 times in the last few days without a crash) Its ridiculous just doing the daily Anni grind mission is taking a min of 6 restarts!!!! And its not as if the bloody free ship will be any good anyway Im only doing it for the console.

Oh Suprise suprise .. 40.67 and guess what it CRASHED AGAIN!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    And before any twat suggests it YES I have done a force verify .. about 6 times now.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    This is why I do not pay anything to play these games, as quality is always poor!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Right now, it is every damned time that I try to play. I end up having to click my mouse button twice just to bring up the box that asks if I want to close the program or wait for it to work? From experience I know that it is just a big(and long) waste of time for it to fix itself because it doesn't fix itself!!! I don't know what the hell we are expected to do? Because they don't seem to be in any hurry to answer and deal with any of my complaint tickets to even try to rectify this damned travesty. I say that because I for one have spent apparently way too much of my real money on this game, in buying the subscription as a die-hard Star Trek fan, as well as way too much on ships and/or parts for them!!! WHY IS IT TAKING THEM SO LONG TO DEAL WITH THIS?
    I'd almost prefer to go back to the days when I wasn't even able to login to my account to play! Because at least then, the one tech support person(TEK) would actually try and fix the problem. These days it's basically a shot in the dark to get any help with the issues that are still continuing to plague many players!!!
    Hmmm interesting I changed my ship today in desperation .. and now it works better ( not 100% BUT it doesnt crash EVERY TIME!!! grrrrr). Maybe a fluke but worth a try guys.
    The option to reduce file streaming pretty much cleared up the frozen screen issue when changing maps. Still having random crashes, except in the Fleet mines, where crashes are guaranteed at least twice doing the daily mining assignments. Support tells me to try this and that (which were already active), and isn't really interested in investigating the actual cause of the bugs in the Anniversary patch... :s
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    jslaters wrote: »
    well i stiil get the crash or map loading not finshing to load. so every time i have to restart the game and it will run fine for awhile then it locks up again. its not my pc because the game ran fine util the last update. but i hve noticed alot of lag on ground missions and is unplayable on the solane maps.
    Yea, quite often, the game just hangs and the screen image goes light around the 40% mark of the map loading. Happens probably 75% of the time and it seems like it's usually happening when leaving/entering sector space, but does happen other places too.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem as soon as in launch the game it says it can't connect to the account server so I log in again I choose my character and it says login timeout I try again and it will log me in and as soon as I spawn I get a SNR then a Disconnect haven't been able to play for 4 days
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    And now with today's patch, I can't even get into the game. I login, got the update and pressed engage. The screen goes black and the game just stops after 5 seconds.

Looking at Task Manager:
    CPU: 0%
    Memory: from 624.0 to 625.0 MB (depending on each time I start it)
    Disk: 0
    Network: 0

If I click on the black screen, it goes grey, but doesn't respond otherwise.
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I can't log to this TRIBBLE . After 20times trying to log i give up. Game tell to mi that my nvidia controlers are fu*ed up. But i play this game on my pc 12months and login problems began to my after 10season. And suport? :s Its yoke nothing usles help to me.
    Surprisingly, after the maintenance yesterday, my CTD's in the fleet mine appear to have vanished! Stealth Update? TBH, I only did the mine dailies on one character, so maybe this is premature. I was having even more crashes apart from the fleet mine when I updated my graphics driver two days ago, and it still happens occasionally, but now much less often. The sad thing is how unevenly these bugs affect players... :*
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Crashing to Login still happening. I can't even stay logged in long enough to start Admiralty projects. Started crashing yesterday and i figured i'd give it some time (usually heavy on fridays). log in today and still crashing.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I got this as a crash message today:

Fatal Error
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_DEVICELOST) while flushing GPU.

Technical Details: GetLastError() = 0, details = 0x95032d
  • kirk1701#3332 kirk1701 Member Posts: 2 New User
    evry time it get to the title loading screen it decides to crash some error message
  • jap4102jap4102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    evry time it get to the title loading screen it decides to crash some error message

exact same thing here for the last two days.
  • noa1239noa1239 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Noal, What video card are you using? Some people have been having problems running DirectX 11 on certain cards.
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    First of all guys and gals, whilst I have every sympathy with your predicament simply posting it crashed, it's **** etc won't get you help. Not because we don't want to but because we don't have any info to start with.

Not every issue is server related, or user related but giving some info helps - CPU type, Graphics card and driver version (don't just say its current, there are different sub-types around and some have issues which may not affect other games/apps), Graphics RAM, System RAM (does any sharing of RAM/Graphics RAM happen), Network card type (if known - there is a glitch with some cards that can affect connections), OS and whether 32bit/64bit. Any other system specs you think are relevant.

Simply saying it is a high-end system doesn't help either - what you term as high-end for your retail system may be different from what is high-end for a custom system using mil grade components. Personally, I would never demean another player because their system was older or less capable.

I know some of you have already force-verified without success, but did you force verify with on-demand patching disabled? This is the only way to ensure every single file is checked and downloaded to your machine. Unchecking on demand patching also cuts down loading times and therefore reduces the possibility of the system hanging.

What is your PC doing when it happens - does the CPU max out or is your hard drive running at 100% for long periods?

Some OS versions, especially windows 10 do things a little differently and depending on your device type may need some services turned off manually to free system resources. Or, do you have any installed apps such as adobe reader etc which have stealth updaters installed and are always running?

So post some details and you have a better chance of an answer.

BTW - I am a player just like all of you, I'm not a Dev or connected with Cryptic.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    same here. game crashes every 2min to every 60minutes, peak playtimes are more crash intense than playing at night.

i suspect its the server crashing the game instead of just disconnecting people.
    or its a mem leak, it seems to happen more often on bigger maps, and on weaker systems (32bit 4gb ram limitation seems to be a real mess)

i dont know what this is but ill stop playing if this isnt fixed soon and switch over to wow again ,which, like, NEVER crashed during 7years of playing on the same machine.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    im using winXp sp3 (latest) with latest ATI drivers for radeon 5400series on a 32bit system with 4gb ram (dual channel interleaved - maybe this can be the prob?) im using a new SSD, realtek hd audio and marvell yukon ethernet

the crashes however seem to intensify on peak playtimes and nearly vanish when i play at night.

i really think its just the server unable to handle the load, then "kicking" a random player.

this wouldnt be half as bad, if the player wouldnt be punished by denying the loot.
    whenever i relog onto a map i was on, i cant play anymore i just get kicked after 8seconds. this is also new and super annoying.

there are times (like breach event now) where i need 2-5 tries before i get the token fpr ONE char, and i have 14 to go for 14 days.

its just plain stupid, and only the damn cryptic game is constantly crashing. i player wow for 7 years and never got hardlocks ctd or bluescreens while playing it.
    but this game, is contantly getting worse, because of "bad code" that of course stresses hardware MORE than necessary. it started with DR when i sometimes got CtD, then it got worse and worse, 1ctd a day to now 1hr ctd and sometimes i cant even get the game running for 2minutes standing still on ESD.

this is not hardware, its BAD CODING done by amateurs, that we now know why they arent working at bigger gaming companies, because they lack SKILL and expertise to securely code and test, even ignoring feedback on tribble and so on.

basically, if i didnt know that the coders are sitting in america, id say its a typical chinese flawed mass-product (with no quality control at all and a 30% rate of damaged endproduct)
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    jslaters wrote: »

In the past this game was awesome, but now, at least for me, it effectively crashes, locking up and refusing to respond for hours until I have to end the process in my Task Manager so yeah I know how this feels and it was working fine until the last update

Edit: The locking up only happens on a loading screen

Edit 2: It plays fine until I get to a loading screen too, not the first one, as it loads just fine, but if it decides to lock up--It's process still using up CPU while the game client itself is locked up--then I can't get it to do anything except grey out as if to tell me it is not responding, which in and of itself is obvious
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • apollo#3942 apollo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Everytime I play the game, is crashing. It's crasinh 90% of the times when it loads. Loads a new map, loads to sector space, or to a planet surface etc. It just crashes while its loading. Bu 10% of the crashes happens while iam playing missions in spce or on ground. I play this game on this exact PC for YEARS, but now its simply unplayable. Yesterday I had about 30 crashes. A TRIBBLE single day!!!!!!!

I made every changes I found on the net. Reduce file streaming, on demand patching, I changed the graphix to almost minimum. You TRIBBLE up neverwinter with mod 6, and now this game too. Congratz!