test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't know if this is the right forum or not?

I have tried to find one of those new ships. Specifically the Paradox Class Temporal Dreadnought. I have been able to collect numerous lock boxes that have been dropped during missions. I have also bought many of these lock boxes on the exchange and in the dilithium store. But not one of them has coughed up this ship or one of the Tholian ships. I have tried to send players messages if they have one of these ships, as to how they were able to get it? But none have bothered to answer me!! So if anyone knows, how can I get my hands on one of them?

Comments

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You're more likely to get your tarantula from the exchange than the lockbox gamble, but the Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought is the grand prize ship from the Mirror Incursion loxkbox, meaning it has about .5% chance of dropping when you open a box.

The Paradox can be bought from the lobi store for 900 lobi.

The wiki should tell you how to acquire each ship: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tholian_Tarantula_Dreadnought_Cruiser
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Paradox_Temporal_Dreadnought
  • sto13tim#1245 sto13tim Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thanks for the info imperatorpaveli!! But I tried the exchange. I typed in the name of the terran ship, but it came back with no results.
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    There are a few Paradoxes on the exchange (all going for north of 200million but they're there). I just searched for the word "Paradox", no search filters and there they were.

Now, if only I *had* 200+ million I'd happy ;)
    That really sucks alfred399, just went to the exchange. I was really hoping that I might have enough for one, but alas I only have about 10.5 million. That really irks me to no end when these players mark up the prices of the items they are trying to sell on it by a thousand percent!!! When I sell TRIBBLE on it, I usually only put the item for the price that it says it's worth. Or on the off chance I get something really rare like the sticky web, I check to see how much it would cost me to buy it, and then I price mine at the lowest amount that is showing on the exchange. Sometimes even a bit lower, since I know how much it irritates me that the things I'd want off of it are priced so damned high!!!
    But thanks for the info, but unless I can figure out how to sell my Iconian ship, it'll take me till I hit the age of a senior citizen before I will have $205,000,000!!!
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Its still a new ship so it could well drop a little bit. Lobi and lockbox ships have always sold into the 7 figures though, due to the fact they can often require hundreds of real monies for players to get to be able to sell. Alas therefore 10.5 million was never going to be enough
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Lollollol... you only list an item for the tags price? That's just what NPC vendors buy it for.

I don't think you understand how rare and difficult these ships are to get, $200 worth of lockboxes could give you nothing. So being able to buy it for 400 mil (current price of Tholian tarantula) it's about $80 of keys so the paradox would be about $40.

That's cheap compared to what people go through to make one.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Just like so many people you have no concept of how capitalism works... *sigh*
    Or maybe I don't want to TRIBBLE over my fellow players? But now that you've opened my eyes, I will be like everyone else and price everything as if I had the lobes of Quark.
    On a different note, I still haven't claimed my reward for the time and tide mission. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be in the time and tide admiralty bundle that will be available on the 18th?
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    On a different note, I still haven't claimed my reward for the time and tide mission. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be in the time and tide admiralty bundle that will be available on the 18th?

If I remember rightly, faction specific admiralty cards and a U.S.S. Pastak Hero Ship Admiralty card
    Thank you rangerryu!! Thank you also for not trying to make me fell like a loser!! But in your opinion, would I be better off waiting till that bundle is available? Or just pick one of the other rewards? Btw, I am new at this, if you couldn't tell?
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Thank you rangerryu!! Thank you also for not trying to make me fell like a loser!! But in your opinion, would I be better off waiting till that bundle is available? Or just pick one of the other rewards? Btw, I am new at this, if you couldn't tell?

You're not restricted to any of the awards, so you can pick up the weapon,console, and then the award on Thursday and then the award for the 18th,you just need to replay the mission.
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Also, to add to what @rangerryu said, it is a bad idea not to complete the mission at least once every week during its FE run, as you would miss out on the weekly FE reward box. If you only finish it that last week you only get one, whereas if you finish it each week you get several. (In case you don't know the FE box contains either a Specialization Point or a Universal Tech Upgrade. Nothing groundbreaking, but also not something to pass up as its free. And once the FE run is over the episode will not award this item again.)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)