What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

you screwed up the scimitar

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Are the T6 compatible with the T5 Thalaron Pulse Consoles? Sadly I can't play my scimitar without it. It just doesn't feel right...

I would imagine so since the blog says the t6 consoles work on the t5 versions.
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    Are the T6 compatible with the T5 Thalaron Pulse Consoles? Sadly I can't play my scimitar without it. It just doesn't feel right...
    My guess would be yes. The T6 scimitar variants have segmented wings that would support the Thalaron Pulse's animation. Same goes for the Odyssey variants, which look to be able to perform saucer separation and have the Aquarius tucked in the back. The Bortasqu' variants also have a bunch of cannon-ish attachments in their bows for the Autocannon console and a HoH'SuS BoP tucked in the rear as well.

They'll likely handle it the same way they've done console compatability on the Annorax: you can equip the consoles from the T5 variants if you have them. You could potentially be running two 3-piece set bonuses if you so desired.

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    *Starts dreaming of a Super Thalaron Pulse* I WANT IT!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    agnostic4 wrote: »

Looks like they took the Reman Scimitar and made it a Romulan ship. I likes it.

Exactly.
    The thread title makes it seem like we did something to the Scimitar - which is flat out wrong. We actually did nothing to the Scimitar itself. We're just adding more parts, and they're all compatible with the previous ships -- mix & match it all to your heart's content. I think you'll all find that, despite the disparity between the species & their designs, the parts mix well.

Well that's a downer. The T5 Scimitars need a scale fix badly. They're 30% oversized.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Evil? I see you have spent too much time with the Brotherhood of Nod. :lol:

Kane lives!!!!!

Except in twilight that never happened forget you saw that. It was nothing.

I"m liking them but they very much remind me of the bat wing.....
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Kane lives!!!!!

*Calls for an Ion Cannon Strike*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The science variant's main hull looks like a Trident Deep Space Science vessel. They definitely took some inspiration from it.

[img][/img]MrxTPhl.png

• Options
    erikossserikosss Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I think more productive to complain that t6 scimitar does not have intel seating and OSS. :( I'll stick to my krenim warship. Its intel and has an ideal tactical DPS layout.
  • Options
    psychoglorypsychoglory Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    A T6 scimitar will be mine
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    http://imgur.com/a/IWqHI

I have to agree that the T6 Scimitar has made an evil ugly Reman ship into a child like cartoon Romulan ship.

I'm hoping there will be something I can do with the parts from the T5 and T6's that looks halfway decent.

The Odyssey got the best designs

Well if this pictures really show how its gonna look then I'm happy. Much better than the T5 Reman version. Klingon looks fantastic as well.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Scimitards were never pretty, so I'm not surprised on the T6 looks - you can only polish a t u r d so much.
    Feds got a lovely looking ships there (minus the Endeavour), Bortasque looks like Bortasque with a different paint job, it might be because of the paint but differences in design seem minimal, pretty sure you can get 99% of original Bortas from parts of the three new T6 models alone. I didn't like the original Bort design anyway, so I don't like this one either.

Sojourner class is prettiest, like that design a lot.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    This is such a non-issue.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I like these new scims. Some people don't. I don't like the Mogai. Some people do.

Why do you feel the need to make a post and start an argument about it?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    kate370 wrote: »
    Evil?

Why would the Romulan Republic make an "evil" looking ship? o.O
    You can only play as nice guys, get with the program. lol.

nice guys? you recognized the new ship is still thaleron rdy?
    does this sound nice?

why would the romulan republic need such weapons of genocide?

well I too find that the ship is too curvy...

there was a pic going round the forums showing a very pointy scimi T 6.... dunno if it was offici8al or fan made

but THAT thing looked badass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    horatiofenixhoratiofenix Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    As the designer of two possible versions of a T6 Scimitar here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vbzAv And here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qJJYN

I was so looking forward to seeing how they approached the design and I am both pleased and a little sad. The issue with the original Scimitar, and indeed my own versions, is that they are far too sinister in appearance, the original was designed by a Human raised by Reman's and who went more than a little nuts so the design is very much not Romulan who tend to have smoother shapes and a softer look to them which is exactly what the new T6 is, a Romulan Scimitar redesign.

As much as I would have loved to see an evolution of the sinister angular look of the original Scimitar it was just not going to happen, nor would it make much sense so I completely agree that the new designs make more sense, just sadly it's lost a little of it's bite, but that bright green always has that effect, stick on a darker texture or shield with dark tones like the CC and with all the customization options I am sure you can get one mean looking beast that will still look far and away more evil than any other Romulan ship.

I for one look forward to the new ships and dishing out some serious pain. And on the day you can probably use the old Scimitar design for the new T6 variant anyway.

Now lets see those weapon and console layouts... 6 fore weapons anyone? BWAHAHA!
    star_trek_scimitar_redesign_2_by_adamburn-d93puvq.jpg

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I hate to tell you all of this who screams "IT'S UGLY!" you can change it back to the tier 5 skin ya know. Just saying.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    The Romulan ones have the best visuals in my opinion.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    A

Now lets see those weapon and console layouts... 6 fore weapons anyone? BWAHAHA!

That and ten tac consoles. >:)

On a more serious note, it's gonna be the respective T5U ship +1 boff slot. Other than that it's gonna be 1:1 the same thing. That's how they pretty much did it on the previous 20 t6 refits and that's how the flagships will also end up ( and the reason why the t6 borts will also be avoided like the plague).
    The only unkown factor is where the new slot will end up. Preferably on one of the lt. seats to make it an lt.cmdr but I wouldn't put it past cryptic to dissapoint with the ensign turned lt.

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    A

On a more serious note, it's gonna be the respective T5U ship +1 boff slot. Other than that it's gonna be 1:1 the same thing. That's how they pretty much did it on the previous 20 t6 refits and that's how the flagships will also end up ( and the reason why the t6 borts will also be avoided like the plague).
    The only unkown factor is where the new slot will end up. Preferably on one of the lt. seats to make it an lt.cmdr but I wouldn't put it past cryptic to dissapoint with the ensign turned lt.

Only thing that will save the bort, Armor out the wazoo that gives it this amazing damage reduction that gives it more stayng power than the other flagships.

Only way to make her more competitive.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    I hate to tell you all of this who screams "IT'S UGLY!" you can change it back to the tier 5 skin ya know. Just saying.

thats what i ll do.... BUT still i was hoping 4 a better design
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    As the designer of two possible versions of a T6 Scimitar here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vbzAv And here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qJJYN

Your 'Romulan Scimitar Redesign 2' is just epic, and everything about it says serious maneuverability, durability, and firepower as if the aero of an open wheeler were welded into the frame of some secret hypersonic bomber that's been reverse engineered from space alien technology, and then ported to ST universe.

They should buy that design from you to make a Tal Shiar T6 Scimitar and throw it in a Tal Shiar Lockbox 2. It would still need the T5/T6 consoles for its abilities so it wouldn't cut into their c-store sales.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User

but the T5 skin was even uglier lmao (although that wasn't Cryptic's fault). I'm going to stick some Reman shields on it in the hope that half of it vanishes into the blackness of space.. :p
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    But the Scimitar is supposed to have "58 disruptor banks, 27 photon torpedo bays, Primary, and Secondary Shields"
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    But the Scimitar is supposed to have "58 disruptor banks, 27 photon torpedo bays, Primary, and Secondary Shields"

That line was just used to inspire false awe in the audience. Because when it came down to actual combat, it did not fire like it actually had that level of armament.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    heavensrun wrote: »
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    so I was looking at the new look for the scimitar and you know what? You screwed it up cryptic. there's some mean beautiful looking designs floating around the internet that would make the scimitar look evil, menacing, the ship its supposed to be. who knows maybe itll look a little better in actuality, but the picture I saw looks...U G L Y. delay the release and go back to the drawing board....better yet google t6 scimitar and ull see what a t6 scimitar should look like. nice fail craptic.

So first off "evil and menacing" does not match with my idea of a Romulan Republic ship, secondly, the new Scimm looks more Romulan than the scimitar ever has. And even if it didn't, you're making a judgement of the ship based on one screenshot from one angle. Also I'm sure that cryptic is going to happily delay a release on the basis of one forum dork who deliberately misspells their name to insult them.

Oh, and you can probably use any of the existing skins anyway, so get over yourself.

You MUSt have missed the memo where it says "bird of prey" not a dove or a magpie, bird of prey is menacing and evil. Not soft and cuddly.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    ...delay the release and go back to the drawing board....better yet google t6 scimitar and ull see what a t6 scimitar should look like. nice fail craptic.
    ^^^
    The sense of entitlement is STRONG with this one... :p
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

That line was just used to inspire false awe in the audience. Because when it came down to actual combat, it did not fire like it actually had that level of armament.

To be fair, most of the ships in Star Trek underperformed compared to their implied capabilities.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    A

Only thing that will save the bort, Armor out the wazoo that gives it this amazing damage reduction that gives it more stayng power than the other flagships.

Only way to make her more competitive.

Tbh, if they simply gave the Bort slightly more maneuverability, a lot more people would buy it. I'm still hoping for this but then again, I'm buying it regardless, my sig being a dead giveaway.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The Bort is more viable as a beam boat IMO, like the Vo'Quv and Jupiter. She flies like a brick, so work around it. Beam Arrays are a good way to counter the slow turn.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The Turn Rate of the Bortasqu' is less of a concern for a while now. Good subsystem power (Engines), Hyper-Impulse Engines, DOFFed Aux2Damp, as well as other means improves the turn rate of any ship. She has the ENG ability slots to easily do this.

With Turn Rate being easily fixed, the *real* problem of the Bortasqu', IMO, is her horrible Inertia rating and the tendency to excessively slide out of combat range. You miss a managed turn and next thing you know you're several km out of combat range.

I highly doubt the T6 version will have this issue fixed. The Bortasqu' had always been a very polarizing ship within the KDF. For the ones that hate the Bort, it is her subpar handling that they hate. It's not a question of her firepower, survivability. It's a question of her being a Klingon Battlecruiser that doesn't behave like a Klingon Battlecruiser, i.e. D-7, Vor'Cha, Negh'Var, etc.
    XzRTofz.gif