test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GameClient.exe stops responding when trying to login particular toons

This sounded like an issue that was reported previously but now seems to be affecting me :( This first started to me this evening when running the daily omega on my main Landon@codewarrior316. I got the mission along with the academy mission - finished that one first as I usually do. Beamed out to sector and moved to Wolf359 space, scanned that omega, and then immediately transwarped to starbase 39 space and scanned that one, then I immediately again transwarped using the featured mission dialog back to ESD for the last omega scans, and the troubles started up. The screen drew but then seized up I was on instance 20 I believe and the time was 11:59 CST. I was still able to login other toons, to ESD even, and so completed my dailies on the other toons but after multiple failed attempts to log back into my main I tried logging into an alt on ESD and changed instances with the same result, for a while I was unable to login to either toon. Somehow I was able to log back into my main and complete my scan and turn in, but I was still not able to log back into the other alt "Juno".

This sounds similar to other threads but there is quite a bit of discussion not related to this particular problem - or at least different symptoms of it. Each time GameClient.exe stops responding. Most of the time the screen will draw and other times freezes at various degrees of loading. I typically play everyday and do not recall running into this particular problem.

I have reduced file streaming = on and for the loader on demand patching = off. I have had recently run into various crashing issues so am currently playing with graphics turned all the way down - I have an older graphics card and thought it might have been going out. That seemed to help the other crashing at least... maybe just lucky or just unlucky I don't know... If there is any thought of what might help I'd appreciate suggestions not already mentioned!

Comments

• codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I thought I saw some patching, but maybe that was just a file check or pre-patching not sure. In any case no issues this evening! *knocks on wood* hope the trend continues