test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Announcement

Comments

• makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    "Warp field stabilized. We feel your presence."

But back on topic, with the science version have sensor analysis like the T5 does?
    5rFUCPd.png

• nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Impatiently waiting for even more ludicrious DPS numbers. :)

Ill still tear these things up with my Tarantula. New targets are always fun.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I really hope we will have option to put in the consoles from T5 flagships....
    That romulan T5 set will especially be usefull: Cloaked Barrage + Thalaron Pulse + Cloaked Shields was OP before, now add the new consoles and Traits >:)

Edit:
    If they will not use console sets from T5 flagships, i'm not sure if i will even bother with them.... i already got Command Battlecruisers for Events...

Edit 2:
    Hm.. the the screenshots are showing the nacelles from KDF Bird of Prey docked in back i think... and the Romulan one got many emiters on wings - looks like it's should have the Thalaron Pulse at least...

The thalaron pulse was garbage and is still garbage lol. 12+ second charge up time? No thanks. I could put out 10x more dmg by not using that useless ability with a good spread III and faw III.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

OMG, no just no.
    It is not as if the scimitar wasn't already OP.

Relax they look to be command spec so no OSS. Sad day for a lot of people but very awesome for my healing scimitar and oddy :D

Who needs OSS when you have that Super Charged Weapons (Starship Trait)?

Sorry, making an already OP ship even more OP is ridiculous in my opinion.

it not that great i kill them all the time
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    "Warp field stabilized. We feel your presence."

But back on topic, with the science version have sensor analysis like the T5 does?

Psi-web established.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I'm actually curious about two things:

1) Will the USS Enterprise, the IKS Bortasqu and the RRW Lleiset undergo an off-screen refit to update to one of the T6 classes? If yes, which ship will change to what class?

2) Will those ships get a T6 Aquarius/Hoh'SuS as well?

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    More pics on twitter.

The Sojourner looks very sovvie-like. Could this essentially be a t6 Sovereign?

Well, guess I'm gonna have a fun time kitbashing flagships. ;)

Some of those models really do look like they've taken some serious inspiration from other ships. Defenitly seeing Sovereign, Avenger, Negh'var, Ha'feh influences there. Looking forward to see them as full models as pictures can be deceiving (remember how flat the Qib turned out to be?) but for now I'm really digging the klingon sci cruiser. Way better than the command bunch.
    thorodal wrote: »

1) Will the USS Enterprise, the IKS Bortasqu and the RRW Lleiset undergo an off-screen refit to update to one of the T6 classes? If yes, which ship will change to what class?

Well, the Lleiset is a Tulwar so it would kinda make sense for it to become the T6 sci version. I'm also pretty sure the Entperprise was the ops version when it was playable the last time during first contact day so that would fit again, I'd guess. As for the Bortas, dunno, maybe also the engineering version since it looks closest to the T5 shape. Assuming they really do go the "let's upgarde our flagships" route.
    questerius wrote: »
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

OMG, no just no.
    It is not as if the scimitar wasn't already OP.

Scimitar is really not overpowered. Nor will these new T6 versions. As far as the traits? LOL The internal cooldown will be long and the duration extremely short. Much better traits to use in their places. Ill stick with ma tarantula.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Considering the Fed Flagships are also called Star Cruisers, I wonder: Will we ever see the original Star Cruisers as a Tier 6 variant? Or have they been always so incredibly unpopular that there is no hope of them coming back?

18j4481jmuoi7jpg.jpg
    federation_star_cruiser_avenger.png

tron9898 wrote: »
    tron9898 wrote: »
    There has to be a discount for people who already own those T5 ships. There has to be!!!!! If its not then it's just a rip off

Just count how many T5s got the T6 treatment and then how often such a discount happened....

Well, for now let's wait to see the rest of the stats 'cause if they don't pull off some major feat then they're pointelss.
    The T5 odys still are decent ships, the scimi still is the incarnation of powercreep and all the borts are still shunned for their very poor maneuverability and 1 whooping boff slot won't change any that. Especially if it's the disappointment of an ensign becoming an lt. like we've seen on some other refits.

I don't like being cheated

If they had released 3 new Federation or Romulan Cruisers with the stats outlined so far, would you also feel cheated?

Now imagine they had done that.
    And then they said: "Oh, but you can also slot the consoles from these few Tier 5 ships on it." Would you feel cheated?
    And then later they would say: "Oh, you know what, you can also kitbash with these few Tier 5 ship costumes." Would you feel cheated?

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    I'm guessing if the Enterprise-F gets refitted it'll look like the "Yorktown-class", since that's the one closest to the Odyssey-class.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Okay, I'm going to bite, people are already talking about the stats, so were do we find them?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Well isn't 2410 Starfleet all fancy. Usually a ship class has to go a few years just to get a few minor design changes as an upgrade and a few decades before a shinny new redesign, not only does the Odyssey get the minor changes upgrade in less than a year (in game), now its getting 3 redesign upgrades only about a year later (in game).

No wonder the ships lost in the Iconian War doesn't seem to be a big deal, Starfleet evidently finally upgraded to a Star Wars level of production.

Well according to the design patches Thomas marrone did the Endeavour was built at Andor,the Sojourn at Mars and the Yorktown at Earth,so 3 different shipyards working on each ship it makes sense in that respect.

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    OMGosh, Cryptic. I wish you were kidding. You guys are actually promoting another 9-ship variant bundle? These could easily have been one ship for each faction to build off of the earlier Odyssey, Bortasqu', and Scimitar ships. I'm not putting down $120 on this, nor encouraging the further proliferation of 9-ship sets. It's ridiculous.

The whole eng/tac/sci variant model is getting really stale and it's discouraging me from continuing to buy ships that I know I'll never fly simply to complete a set bonus, get a few extra Admiralty cards, or a few extra skin variations. I actually wanted a T6 Odyssey and a T6 Scimitar, but now I'll probably pass on it. Should I go out and buy the original 9-ship bundle just so I can complete all of the set bonus variations? Not happening.

I hope you're not planning to do this for the T6 version of the Vesta and split it into three variants... I'd hate to have to pass on that, too. Ugh.

If you simply must do eng/tac/sci variants, why not split them along faction lines and make them more unique and special while holding the amount of variation relatively low? Say Engineering focus for Fed, Tac focus for KDF, and Sci focus for Rom? Three ships instead of nine. More reasonable to blow $60 instead of $120, if you have to have each faction represented. I'm willing to pay $30 for one ship. I'm not willing to pay twice that for the same ship tweaked three different ways, or four times that for three ship variations tweaked nine different ways.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I hope Cryptic retcons the R.R.W. Lleiset into one of these classes. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So, will the existing faction flagships (Enterprise, etc) be refit with the new T6 appearances for future episodes?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    dalolorn wrote: »
    tmassx wrote: »
    tome85 wrote: »
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    For the Bortasqu drivers out there...

"Take it slow." (Russian English accent)

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

''Battlecruiser operational.'' (Russian English accent)

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#

:D

Additional supply depots required.

You must construct additional pylons!

You Require More Vespine Gas.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Fascinating and highly disturbing... I think Cryptic has gone mad with these new ships. Even though those ships look promisingly awesome.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Is anyone else bothered by this? {snip}

Yes. I don't even own the previous 9-ship bundle and I'm still astonished they thought this was a great idea. It's offensive, really, and I'd be pretty upset if I had those ships and was being encouraged to pay all over again for T6 variants of all nine ships.

That said, I'm not really mad but I am inclined to opt-out and let my closed wallet tell them what I think about it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    So, will the existing faction flagships (Enterprise, etc) be refit with the new T6 appearances for future episodes?

I suppose if we get an episode where the Enterprise-F gets destroyed, then we'll know it's coming. You don't usually see a name recycled until/unless a ship is destroyed or decommissioned due to age. Don't think we can consider the -F decommissioned due to age, certainly?
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    stobg2015 wrote: »

Yes. I don't even own the previous 9-ship bundle and I'm still astonished they thought this was a great idea. It's offensive, really, and I'd be pretty upset if I had those ships and was being encouraged to pay all over again for T6 variants of all nine ships.

That said, I'm not really mad but I am inclined to opt-out and let my closed wallet tell them what I think about it.

I'm not because this is a retail product and they need to earn a living as well ;)

I prefer the sets with the massive discount, and if the console sets are in line with recent ships (ie usable at the same time instead of shared CD's with the original Oddy's) then it will be an interesting purchase.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    tmassx wrote: »
    tome85 wrote: »
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    For the Bortasqu drivers out there...

"Take it slow." (Russian English accent)

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

''Battlecruiser operational.'' (Russian English accent)

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#

:D

Additional supply depots required.

You must construct additional pylons!

My life for Aiur!

Nuclear Launch Detected.

Power overwhelming!

Do love me some StarCraft!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tron9898tron9898 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I'm not because this is a retail product and they need to earn a living as well ;)

I prefer the sets with the massive discount, and if the console sets are in line with recent ships (ie usable at the same time instead of shared CD's with the original Oddy's) then it will be an interesting purchase.

Earn a living yes, but repackaging these ships as T6 is stupid. Come out with another class of ship. This is absurd. Wasted money on the previous ships. Make the Tu5 versions which people already own a free upgrade to T6 or something
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    i was kind of hoping that T6 would be their chance to get rid of those ridiculous (and useless) wings on the Scimitars, but no, they just made them fancier. Scimitar would be better without them imo. Ah well
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

Though these are certainly new and shiny, and as such powerfully temping, it's important for folks to remember that these new ships don't change your T5/T-5U ships in any negative way whatsoever. If you like your T5 Odyssey, and don't feel like spending... well great, continue enjoying what's made you happy for all this time! Don't rail at Cryptic for trying to make money with new content and ship designs. How else do you think this game will survive another six years? It's a business, not a charity.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    OMGosh, Cryptic. I wish you were kidding. You guys are actually promoting another 9-ship variant bundle? These could easily have been one ship for each faction to build off of the earlier Odyssey, Bortasqu', and Scimitar ships. I'm not putting down $120 on this, nor encouraging the further proliferation of 9-ship sets. It's ridiculous.

The whole eng/tac/sci variant model is getting really stale and it's discouraging me from continuing to buy ships that I know I'll never fly simply to complete a set bonus, get a few extra Admiralty cards, or a few extra skin variations. I actually wanted a T6 Odyssey and a T6 Scimitar, but now I'll probably pass on it. Should I go out and buy the original 9-ship bundle just so I can complete all of the set bonus variations? Not happening.

I hope you're not planning to do this for the T6 version of the Vesta and split it into three variants... I'd hate to have to pass on that, too. Ugh.

If you simply must do eng/tac/sci variants, why not split them along faction lines and make them more unique and special while holding the amount of variation relatively low? Say Engineering focus for Fed, Tac focus for KDF, and Sci focus for Rom? Three ships instead of nine. More reasonable to blow $60 instead of $120, if you have to have each faction represented. I'm willing to pay $30 for one ship. I'm not willing to pay twice that for the same ship tweaked three different ways, or four times that for three ship variations tweaked nine different ways.

They pretty much had to do it this way, or you'd have those that are fans of the 2 T5 variants that don't get a new version up in arms about not getting their version at T6. Expect the same if we ever see Dysons, Kumaris or Vestas at T6.
    thorodal wrote: »

Well, the Lleiset is a Tulwar so it would kinda make sense for it to become the T6 sci version. I'm also pretty sure the Entperprise was the ops version when it was playable the last time during first contact day so that would fit again, I'd guess. As for the Bortas, dunno, maybe also the engineering version since it looks closest to the T5 shape. Assuming they really do go the "let's upgarde our flagships" route.

The Bortasqu' was a Tac variant when we got to pilot her in the Day of Honor mission, and, yes, the Enterprise is the Ops version in the First Contact Day mission. I'm not certain what they'll choose to do with the existing flagships once these are out. A case could be made for keeping the old appearance for continuity's sake, and just updating them to the new stats of the T6 version of their old variants, but I'd almost rather that each one was given a refit that only applied to appearances in episodes from this point forward, and possibly when they show up to help in the Tau Dewa patrols, since those are always set "right now" from my perspective.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I'm excited as hell, but disappointed slightly as well. I'm excited because we're finally getting our T6 Odyssey, but I'm disappointed because each variant has a unique look. I can tell already that I will want the tactical variant, but I don't like the way it looks in that pic. The Odyssey in the first pic looks amazing however, and I know the only way to get that will be to fork out more money. I don't want to fork out another $30 just to get ship visuals because that's too expensive for visuals.

I wish they would make it so that you can customize the vessel's look in the ship store and then purchase it that way. So let's say I want the Endeavor body, Yorktown chevron and Sojourner nacelles. I can customize my ship to look like that and hit purchase. It will then pop up a message asking me if I'm absolutely sure this is how I want it because all sales are final. I hit yes and now I have a Tactical Endeavor Cruiser, but it has the chevron and nacelles of the other ships.

This would mean I only own those parts however. I wouldn't be able to go in and change the chevron to the Sojourner's chevron because I already made my choice earlier and I only own the Yorkdown and Endeavor's chevron. Hence the "are you sure" message before purchase. I think this would be fair when it comes to ship customization. I'm sure you could say this would limit the money Cryptic gets but I don't think it would. I mean it only gets you the visualization, not the console set up, trait or console of each ship. You'd still have to buy each one individually to get everything. I just want a handful of parts to mix and match, without spending another $60+.

Is that not fair?
  • Who approved the Endeavor's grotesque 11 polygon design?
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Well, looks like I have some more saving up to do lol
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Just wondering if the fed and KDF ships will be getting a 5/3 layout and hanger to sync up with the Rom ships... And if we'll be getting Aquarius/Hoh'SuS Frigate pets to go with the hanger (like the Romulan Drones).
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    So, any chance they went and fixed the Scimitar size? Because if not, I simply cannot get the Romulan flagships. And I'm debating with myself whether I even can get the whole big bundle when it contains them.

In other words, I resigned myself to the fact that Scimitars are still OP. But I won't accept the fact they're 30% oversized.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!