test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Announcement

Comments

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

All well and good but there are two 64 dollar questions about these. First WILL THEY BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY TURN WITHOUT RCS's HOGGING ENG SLOTS ? Second Do those of us who bought the T5 versions and upgraded them to T5-U get some love in form of a discount? I mean come on you kinda shafted us on the Mogh when you did the T6 version.
  • register2236register2236 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How much will each ship be, I'm praying its not 3000 zen like all the other T6
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Is anyone else bothered by this?

When they first introduced Fleet versions for T-5 people were upset that we were paying more money for ships we already paid for. Granted $5 wasn't too steep of a price, but once T-6 hit people weren't just mad that the ships we paid for would be obsolete, but that they would start double dipping (or triple dipping at this point) by charging us more money for ships we've already purchased. The difference now, is that that they're not charging just $5 for the costume and better stats like with fleet, but that they're charging more for this than the original versions. To add to it, most people have already paid for the fleet version, so now they're being asked to pay that entire cost all over again, times six, if they want the whole set for both factions and the romulans.

Yes, people don't HAVE to pay for this. They're not being "forced" to buy, but at the same time I paid real money for a full set Odyssey class. I paid real money for a full set Scimitar class. Now suddenly, there is the same thing being repackaged and sold, except that it's better than the thing people have already paid real money for. I like to try to keep my gear as high and viable as I can, which is a lot more difficult now with more grind added to gear and the elite difficulty being adjusted higher. So now, I do feel as though i "have" to buy these ships. A) because I want the full set, and B) because it's clearly better for elite content. What I don't like, is that now I have to pay double for that same sense of completion I had before hand.

Isn't this exactly what people told Cryptic they didn't want when T-6 was announced? Didn't they say they wouldn't be doing this? I remember them saying old ships wouldn't be obsolete, but didn't they mention not just reselling the ships we're already purchased, like the Oddy and the Scims? This wouldn't be so bad if buying one unlocked that ship version for all three groups, but having to by all three for all three on top of already having bought these ships and upgraded them, that's H0R535#!T.

That's not double dipping, at this point, they're just plopping their torpedo straight into the dip and pretending to ignore people who don't like it.

This game is everything Star Trek was never meant to be...
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    The designs certainly include a wide range of visual styles, don't they? I don't personally like some of the pieces, but I see enough really sharp bits that I bet I could put together a customized look that is fantastic. Of course, that would require buying at least one whole faction bundle. Well played. Seriously, though, nice job with an offering that may have something to please almost everyone.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Yes it will be, just like of bundles 3000 for 1 ship , 6000 for 3 faction ships and 12000 for all 9, but if they do as usual take 500, 1000 or 2000 off during the weekend of the release.
  • michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I think the Romulan ship looks beautiful. Great job!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Also, propably, when they stop being "new", they will be included in next 20% discount for all ships.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User

Yes it will be, just like of bundles 3000 for 1 ship , 6000 for 3 faction ships and 12000 for all 9, but if they do as usual take 500, 1000 or 2000 off during the weekend of the release.

Agreed, and I find that to be complete nonsense. These ships as a stand alone vessel are not even worth $15, let alone $30. While the bungles at least give you a slight discount, I honestly wouldn't want to pay more than $60 for all nine ships. Hell, I wouldn't want to pay $60 unless it came with all 18. It's ridiculous how much they're getting away with charging despite the state of the game and the fact that it's been in steady decline for the last few years.

Again though, I'm surprised that more people aren't angry that they're recharging us for ship classes we've already paid for.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Really looking forward to picking up the Fed pack!

Cannot wait to use the inbuilt hangar and Frigate pets, to match the Romulan Drones!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Nice a new Oddy how the Stats are even better than the old one
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    As cool as T6 Flagships are...

Wake me when we get a T6 Sovy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Super charged weapons - The Ferengi Missal Launcher seems a bit cooler now. a
    with the 2 second recharge and SCW stacks 3 times...

Or the Romulan Hyper-Plasma launcher. You could get three stacks between cycles of BFAW.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    tome85 wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    For the Bortasqu drivers out there...

"Take it slow." (Russian English accent)

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

''Battlecruiser operational.'' (Russian English accent)

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#

:D

Additional supply depots required.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

...First WILL THEY BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY TURN WITHOUT RCS's HOGGING ENG SLOTS ?...

...Second Do those of us who bought the T5 versions and upgraded them to T5-U get some love in form of a discount? I mean come on you kinda shafted us on the Mogh when you did the T6 version....

Not hard to guess on both of these...no & no, the answer to the first is called Conductive RCS Accelerator [Turn] or whatever other stat tickles your fancy and the second is answered by precedent of similar things not happening
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#

You must construct additional pylons!

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

My life for Aiur!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I literally almost choked on my food when I saw the blog for this, finally t6 odyssey baby!!!!!!!!!!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    sunfrancks wrote: »

My life for Aiur!

Nuclear Launch Detected.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    sunfrancks wrote: »

My life for Aiur!

Strength in unity! ;)

(In retrospect, I wish I'd done some quoting back when Midnight was about to release... I have a quote that fits perfectly.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm glad It's not Vestas, because then I'd feel I made a mistake in spending my "next ship fund" last week. Would probably buy one of those eventually, but not before Vestas.

<drawl> Detectors locked-in.

• makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    "Carrier has arrived. Your will for us?"
    5rFUCPd.png

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    should allow a 4th option... based on class type. That way I can get all 3 Tac ships all at once... DPS is the only thing that matters right?
    "Carrier has arrived. Your will for us?"

Templar, eradicate these imposters!

• hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well isn't 2410 Starfleet all fancy. Usually a ship class has to go a few years just to get a few minor design changes as an upgrade and a few decades before a shinny new redesign, not only does the Odyssey get the minor changes upgrade in less than a year (in game), now its getting 3 redesign upgrades only about a year later (in game).

No wonder the ships lost in the Iconian War doesn't seem to be a big deal, Starfleet evidently finally upgraded to a Star Wars level of production.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    More pics on twitter.

The Sojourner looks very sovvie-like. Could this essentially be a t6 Sovereign?
  • michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    More pics on twitter.

Hope not. It would still be awesome to get a proper T6 Sovereign in the future.
    More pics on twitter.

Hope not. It would still be awesome to get a proper T6 Sovereign in the future.

And I am sure it will come, most likely along side a T6 Vor'cha and... I don't know... a Dhael, perhaps? Or a new hull altogether?

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    So maybe they should do Command/Universal for Ops ship variant, Intel/Uni for Sci, and Pilot/Uni for Tactical?

Think about what you wrote, flagships have nothing similar with intelligence or pilot ( pilot bricks ?!)

I just can't see myself bothering to get this mostly because I mostly have KDF characters the ship mastery and such is too much of a grind already. So why waste resources on something that is already known to be worthless.

Despite the fact that autocannon had low damage (about 30k in 6 sec= 5k dps haha) and 45°arc (unable to target something moving with that unhandy ship), BoP pet died in first core explosion due bad AI+ 5min CD, and sci console was totally useless except for autocannon use., which was also weak.
    Anyway, i bought all 3 bortasqu, because there was no other new kdf ships.
    Console – Universal – Tactical Flagship Computer looks a bit better, it reminds me Console - Universal - Dominion Coordination Protocol], what is useful thing.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    doublepost