duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
Station%202.jpg
Title: Eons [AEI]
Start Location: Archer System
Availability: Out of review
Faction: FED/ROM
Levels: 16+

Description
The galaxy in 4,500,000 years time: life is scattered, there is no order, and dangerous relics litter space. A thread from this time connects to 2410, pulling you far beyond the horizons of everything we know and into the middle of this chaotic reality. How far will you go in this immensity of time when on the other side of inaction awaits home?
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by duncanidaho11 on

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Wow that actually looks really good....and did I read that right the year 4 million?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    rangerryu wrote: »
    and did I read that right the year 4 million?

Yup. >:)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    and did I read that right the year 4 million?

Yup. >:)

wow I'm impressed at the direction this is going :) Will be curious to see how 2410 Federation tech can deal with the tech that whoever has in this time!
    Will be curious to see how 2410 Federation tech can deal with the tech that whoever has in this time!

Technology comes and goes (and so do species.) :tongue:
    Will be curious to see how 2410 Federation tech can deal with the tech that whoever has in this time!

Technology comes and goes (and so do species.) :tongue:

by that I take it the Federation as we know it is long gone!

by that I take it the Federation as we know it is long gone!

Yup, long gone.

That said, in the screenshot there is a tribble vendor.
    oh god,tribbles have inherited the galaxy! the United Federation of Tribbles
    Just a few of words now the mission is basically locked in its format.
    • The player is the main character this time (no Starfleet Security/Burke and Co. style group to follow along with).
    • There will be less optional dialog (not my intention to present a course in future geopolitics and socio-economics :P).
    • That said, I'm taking the setting very seriously.
    • This is the only episode I will set in this time period.
    • I'm making a custom FED ship interior for this one. Sadly, I won't be able to build a Romulan variant this time but I'll probably end up using the build again for future missions.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    Sounds cool like the time machine or planet of the apes.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    Here's a look at my first custom bridge. Red arrows indicate all the places someone could fall and hurt themselves quite badly (of no relevance to plot, but it shows style!) :P

CavJpadXEAAK-HA.jpg
    Here's a look at my first custom bridge. Red arrows indicate all the places someone could fall and hurt themselves quite badly (of no relevance to plot, but it shows style!) :P

CavJpadXEAAK-HA.jpg

Health and Safety gone mad,mad I tell you!
    edited February 2016
    This mission is technically capable of being published ATM. However I'm going to take another day or two to play through and fine tune things.

[Edit: well it didn't take that long to knock it into shape. Eons is out now!]

Eons [AEI] will
    It starts at the Archer System and is available to all FED/ROM characters above level 15. It should have a shorter runtime than my SSF missions but it's still a relatively long mission (maybe at or just above recent cryptic FE's.)

I'll post here and update the OP when everything is live. So, be warned that
    your backlog of foundry missions to play is going to get even larger quite soon right now. :P
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Just played it.

I like it.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2016
    Just wanted to throw out there that I've made a few updates, and that we're out of review on this one (thanks to all those that have played so far).

Added
    -Short command sequence on the first bridge map
    -A bit more dialog with your officers
    -Optional dialog with Vurgat
    -More to the EAH (more hints about just what the hell is going on and who's involved. It's still not exactly who/what you think. :P)

Tweaked
    -Bunch of dialog (mostly involving Riggs)

Cbx0tU1UMAALv0c.jpg

Now I'm off to build part 2 of something or other. :P
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Hey @duncanidaho11, got a little present for ya...

Qata58N.png
    Awesome! Already found a home for it, thanks. :)
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Will be plunging back into Foundry stuff soon - hopefully this week.

That being said. "Eons" sounds epic.
    edited March 2016
    The updated thread title means I have plans.

Pulse [AEI] is going to be my Foundry Roundtable challenge mission. I'm knee deep in Trident at the moment (which should be done or nearly done by the time we start with this) but I do have a story, setting, and characters planned for Pulse (and what amounts to concept art in my brain) that I'll start working on once the challenge officially commences.

There's one key point to throw out there now, my own personal challenge for this project is to make the mission I'd make if I had no others published ATM. I'll be revisiting a few themes, characters, and settings and see where I'd take them in a mission now. Otherwise, Pulse is going to be a stand-alone mission with nothing at all to do with my previous or future stuff (besides thematic similarities, an Ibi character, and the use of the Starfleet Security organization.)

Story teasers? Nope, you'll have to go out (in 2410, don't worry) and explore the thing(s) for yourself. :P

Edit: do have a poster now for Pulse. Partake of my artistic gennius.
    CdM_XAvUMAAubh-.jpg
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Wow. Drew Struzan is lucky he retired.

:D
    edited March 2016
    [Makes bored bubbling noises]

Pulse is going to be an SSF mission (just not with the regular peoples.)
    edited April 2016
    This probably deserves an update.

Pulse got renamed to Epitaph and now that's might go through another name (Epoch) depending on how I end up approaching it. That's uncertain at the moment. As I mentioned on roundtab this week I've got things planned for my next AEI mission but that might be going out the window because I've had another idea (which I'm more likely to enjoy building over the next month or so.)

Edit: that's another, other idea. Exploration, new region near Starbase Magellan.
    Another change of plans!

Epitaph is not going to be an AEI challenge mission (need to get onto something else, namely the next episode of starfleet security). It's not going away though, but what it'll turn into we're not ready to talk about yet.

CgxtPoeWwAAvmKB.jpg