What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

24H of anniversary handins lost.

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    storules wrote: »
    It's dead Jim...Most cannnot complete the event so the patch is an emergency. It shouldn't have been launched as it was yesterday since it is broken for "most".​​
    Especially since they had this problem last year too, Ive heard.
    No. The issue last year was on just one location which was Starfleet Academy IIRC. This is a new issue completely.
    There were a few last year. Bajor space sort of had particles. But they spawned in a mission and not the social zone. I forget the rest.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    "Play the FE" doesn't help players still trying to complete last years project who may not have extra days to waste and need every daily on top of the FE.

The damn apologists just need to quit it. It's okay to acknowledge its broken, it's okay to ask for it to be fixed; and it's certainly ok to ask for the event to be extended.

See were given explicit expectations and they failed to deliver. Asking to make the right and being told to deal with it comes across as incredibly victim-blamey. Don't be that person.

Um... you DO know its only day 2, and they did actually fix the missing Omega after one day right?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    "Play the FE" doesn't help players still trying to complete last years project who may not have extra days to waste and need every daily on top of the FE.

The damn apologists just need to quit it. It's okay to acknowledge its broken, it's okay to ask for it to be fixed; and it's certainly ok to ask for the event to be extended.

See were given explicit expectations and they failed to deliver. Asking to make the right and being told to deal with it comes across as incredibly victim-blamey. Don't be that person.

Um... you DO know its only day 2, and they did actually fix the missing Omega after one day right?
    Day 3 now. In what should have been the 3rd completion and unable to due to the crashing on transferring of maps.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    No crashes here
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

azrael605 wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »

Day 3 now. In what should have been the 3rd completion and unable to due to the crashing on transferring of maps.

What crashing on map transfer? I have experienced no such thing.
    The crash's on map transfer that a large amount of players are experiencing. Its not related to server load. For many of us the game is unplayable right now.
    nabreeki wrote: »
    The map transfer crash has been going on for weeks now. There are workarounds for it, but it's seriously a major pain to deal with on a regular basis. Map gets to like 40-45% then freezes.
    For some reason the crashing only started for me with the anniversary event although I did get the long map load times before. What are the work around(s)? Unless I get this fixed in the next 2 hours I am about to lose what should have been my 4th completion of the event.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    For the people that crash, do you have "on demand patching" enabled?

Cryptic have never been able to get it working right, and every time Cryptic reset's the launcher, I can never load maps properly until I disable it.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Cryptic have never been able to get it working right, and every time Cryptic reset's the launcher, I can never load maps properly until I disable it.

This might fix it for some people, but it's not a fix to-fix-em-all, I sometimes (thanks goodness it's sometimes) get the crash at 23.xx % of the loading (always happens at this percentage), by on demand is off, I always check data afterwards and I also run in safe mode as well. On good days I'm not getting any, on bad 2-3 crashes per several hours of playing, not game braking, but some people get it much more often.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.

On demand patching is disabled. I crash almost every map transfer.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    If you are afraid you might miss out a chance to get this ship, just use lobi and buy it. I got it the first day, now what ever real life of game outage occurs, I will not miss out.

Oh and nerd rage.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Should have left it after the first paragraph as the second contributed nothing to any of this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    cidjack wrote: »
    If you are afraid you might miss out a chance to get this ship, just use lobi and buy it. I got it the first day, now what ever real life of game outage occurs, I will not miss out.

Oh and nerd rage.

Oh and nerd rage.
    That hardly solves the problem and makes the game playable. So we spend real life money to get the ship but are unable to use it due to the crashing.
    edited January 2016

What crashing on map transfer? I have experienced no such thing.
    The crash's on map transfer that a large amount of players are experiencing. Its not related to server load. For many of us the game is unplayable right now.

Never happens to me, AT ALL, not in the entire 4 years plus I've been playing. I do run across this fun little CTD every now and then when completing a mission on a place like Defera, New Rom, etc, but this crash on map transfer is unknown to me.
    Lucky for you. It doesn't seem to effect all players but a large amount of players are reporting the same thing. I had no problem for over 6 years then the anniversary patch happened and it was bad. Then we got the emergency anniversary patch which made the game unplayable. For many of us the map transfer gets stuck at around 40% and if you click anything the games crash's.
    edited January 2016
    I did crash the other night transitioning into a zone, but it was that one time and that time only. I do crash a few times a week but those are graphics driver related.

If you do crash and receive the Report bug to Cryptic dialog box and cancel, you will probably need to go to the Windows Task Manager and kill the CrypticError process. For the last couple of months it does not shut itself down after a few seconds after you told it not to bother informing them and you won't be able to start STO up again as it says it is already running.

In Earth Orbit around ESD is one of the worst places for those crashes. Lately, when I take a new ship out for the first time I spend just a few seconds there, save a Loadout and move to Sector Space right away. There is where I fuss with setting up the trays, setting weapons to Autofire, and set the Power Levels. I Save the Loadout again, then it's back to orbit, Save again, and verify Stats. Then off to slaughter the multitudes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Sorry Cryptic cannot live up to your high gaming standards.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited January 2016
    That makes no sense as this has got nothing to do with high gaming standards. Don't you realize had bad this bug is for those of us effected by it? Just because you are lucky and its ok for you doesn't mean there isn't a major problem that needs fixing. The game is all but unplayable for the rest of us.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
    You just make yourself look more and more foolish with every additional snarky post that brings nothing to the table at all. Time to run off and see if you can raise the Exchange rate of Zen to Dilitium to 1:500 single-handedly.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited January 2016

I don't crash, except that once as indicated earlier, but I did have that turned on. I turned it off and now I am stuck on the Loading screen as it is now trying to apply almost a 4 GB patch.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I had suffered crashing when doing a map transfer to. And googled for ages trying to find a fix, which I finally did find. For those of you still suffering from these crashes try following these simple steps.

Launch the game,
    Go to options,
    Then advanced,
    And finally, turn Reduced file streaming to on.
    Quit the game, then relaunch.

Happy gaming if it works for you, as it fixed it for me :)
    I had suffered crashing when doing a map transfer to. And googled for ages trying to find a fix, which I finally did find. For those of you still suffering from these crashes try following these simple steps.

Launch the game,
    Go to options,
    Then advanced,
    And finally, turn Reduced file streaming to on.
    Quit the game, then relaunch.

Happy gaming if it works for you, as it fixed it for me :)
    Thanks that fixed it and speeded up loading.