test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game is flicking EVERYTIME I HIT A BUTTON after windows 10 update

Hey all,

So I have had some problems with window 10 and it wiped everything. I spent some time reinstalling everything. Andthen i got these problems and i dont know what to do.

1. Anytime I hit a button (A,W,S,D, Space etc) the game flashes to desktop and then goes back again.
2. Minimizing the game makes it unable to go back at all.

I have an AMD graphics card, and i know there are some issues with them and the game but i can not find my problem on those forms. I also ran other games (old and new) and they have no flash button things happening.

I have also tied some code commands but no luck with fixing is.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND TIME IN ADVANCE.
1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg

Comments

• sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I am also using safe mod and still same thing happening
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Flickering could be a sign of a possible GPU starting to fail!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Flickering could be a sign of a possible GPU starting to fail!

God i hope not. I just got this baby in Nov for fallout 4.

Checked that its more like something is conflicting with the program as all the other games (including fallout) are working fine. Every time i double check or repetitive hit a key desktop flashes up for a sec then goes back. Windows also makes a sound but every time i check there is nothing there, even though i saw a box flash up in the top left hand corner.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm not sure if this will help but...
    Make sure you've done a Clean Install with your AMD drivers (and also with Nvidia ones, I had a problem with the game flickering and then crashing)
    For some reason Win-10 gets confused if there are still old drivers present, so you have to delete any old vid-card drivers and then install the newest one for your card.
    I hope this is helpful.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this will help but...
    Make sure you've done a Clean Install with your AMD drivers (and also with Nvidia ones, I had a problem with the game flickering and then crashing)
    For some reason Win-10 gets confused if there are still old drivers present, so you have to delete any old vid-card drivers and then install the newest one for your card.
    I hope this is helpful.
    B)

Yeah this was the problem but nothing i did work. And windows wiped some personal programs AGAIN (3 times since i started in Nov) . Which was the final straw. So I wiped my set up and sticking to windows 8. It does mean I have to download STO again and its 12 GB of data but it was such a pain having it crash every few mins.

If anyone ask me to review Windows 10; I would say this;

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    STO exist on one of the partitions of your hard drive, then you can simply launch the game.

STO is "installed" on my PC and two laptops. I originally installed the game (before Arc) on my Dell laptop. I then copied the entire STO directory to an external hard drive and used it to copy STO to my desktop. The external HDD is connected to my Lenovo laptop in case I want to launch STO on that laptop.

Based on your post, I am a bit reluctant to update my laptops and desktop to Win 10.
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    STO exist on one of the partitions of your hard drive, then you can simply launch the game.

Based on your post, I am a bit reluctant to update my laptops and desktop to Win 10.

Alas it was still on my hard drive but this made still game freak out with the updates to the AMD graphics drives and the updates. It did work fine BEFORE that. But no way to stop the updates for Windows 10.

As for 2, be very reluctant to update to windows 10. I am still having problems with recovering data and accounts etc. Alot if thins were just lost to the computer gods.... never to be seen again. Remember every ones set up is different. I just would risk it.