test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requesting assistance to correct redirect loop for support.

I am posting this in this area because I have not seen anyone else in these forums complain of this, therefore it IS my ISP and/or computer somehow doing this and I need assistance from any kind soul who wishes to guide me to where I need to change settings.

Since Neverwinter went Beta, regardless of which site I am on, STO or NW, I cannot make a support ticket or do anything at the support site for PW.

This ONLY happens when i am logged in, which is why I cannot write to support or create a new ticket. When logged out I can visit support.perfectworld.com just fine.

The following errors occur when I log in at the support site, or use the support link at the top of the web sites while already logged in:

GOOGLE CHROME:
This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9ZmFlbGFuZGFlYSZwX3Bhc3N3ZD0mcF9lbWFpbD1mYWVsYW5kYWVhQGd1aWxkb2ZkYXJraGF2ZW4ub3JnJnBfZmlyc3RfbmFtZT0mcF9sYXN0X25hbWU9JnBfdGl0bGU9ZmF6ZW1sYWRhaXlhJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPXRlc3Rfc2VjcmV0X2tleQ!! has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:

- Reload this webpage later.
- Learn more about this problem.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

MOZILLA FIREFOX:
The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I have verified that in both browsers I have set to override and accept cookies from all sites.

Can anyone tell me what other browser settings I need to tweak to correct this issue? I will try to check back here once a day or so, as for some reason no matter what I do with settings in these forums I never get email notifications of replies.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Post edited by fazemladaiya on

Comments

• ebonywyvernebonywyvern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same issue exists on IE7, Dragon (Chrome), and IceDragon (Firefox)

Basically seems they just don't care about people's issues.
    LTS Since Beta Weekend
    Formerly @BlackWyvern
    Stupid account merge...
  • kerayu12kerayu12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    heh i get the loop on my lifetime account but can connect fine on a secondary, from same pc and all
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gonna bump this, since I can't fix the issue. I keep getting the redirect loop error too... and I have NO WAY of fixing it that I can see...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • simowilkins0simowilkins0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I recently "merged" my old Cryptic Account with a new Perfect World account, and I've been having a myriad of issues--and nobody to answer my problems.

I've finally managed to successfully login to the game, but none of my old characters are showing up.

Whenever I try to click on "Support," I get a redirect loop. I'd also like to cancel my old tickets, but I can't get to them either.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I recently "merged" my old Cryptic Account with a new Perfect World account, and I've been having a myriad of issues--and nobody to answer my problems.

I've finally managed to successfully login to the game, but none of my old characters are showing up.

Whenever I try to click on "Support," I get a redirect loop. I'd also like to cancel my old tickets, but I can't get to them either.
    Until they get the support page fixed, you could try opening a thread on the PWE Tech Support Forum to ask for help... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here.... if you do not have access to another PC it looks bad :(
  • yolgavekyolgavek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this issue as well. I'm lucking enough to have a home computer and office computers and have tried on three different ISPs and PCs and three different browsers. Out of desperation, I also tried my Galaxy tab. The issue is clearly on the support site side. I'm a lifer, and recently merged my perfect world account with my cryptic account. Since then I cannot log into the support website to check my tickets. I also cannot start new threds as it says my account is too new. I bought my lifetime account pre-launch so, i'm thinking thats not correct either. PWE please correct this issue and post to this thread so we know whats going on and what the ETA is.
  • elffanelffan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, and I have a billing problem to report! I've also tried to get PW's attention about this on Facebook and Twitter, but no reply thus far.
    Member of Tangent Artists - check out our free full-color web comic, CRIT!, for some fantasy fun! Updates weekly at www.tangentartists.com.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue exists on IE7, Dragon (Chrome), and IceDragon (Firefox)

Basically seems they just don't care about people's issues.

Nope they don't... I've been waiting for a response for my lost account since last month, and a friend of mine told me he had to wait 3 months for a reply.
  • mayh3m01mayh3m01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does anyone ever get a response from tech support? I have been trying for 2 days to get help with my account and nothing yet..
  • nenwenenwe Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 days waiting for response and counting from support

Cryptics support has gone to downhill seriously player should not need to wait half a week for response from support.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    elffan wrote: »
    Same problem here, and I have a billing problem to report! I've also tried to get PW's attention about this on Facebook and Twitter, but no reply thus far.

Is it possible your Twitter account is set to private? We would not see your tweets if it was :)

Unfortunately, for a small percentage of players, there is an error with the support site and they will get a redirect error. As the team continues to investigate this error, please email in directly for support. Info here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267893

Also, when you email them, let them know you are experiencing the redirect issue and they can resolve it manually for you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • markmmaillet1111markmmaillet1111 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Bump. just started playing sto again. i see that from the date that this has not been fixed. so i am bringing the problem up again.