test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Holodeck Connection Issues

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This little fuckstick is getting downright tiring.

I'm about ready to say forget the event until this mess ends.

• biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Honestly this is both funny and sad at the same time. This neverwintergod keeps owning the living hell out of your company. Maybe if you guys ran a more honest business you wouldn't attract terrorist like this!
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Jesus freakin' wept, he's doing it again! On a FRIDAY NIGHT. Do you people even understand the concept of embarrassment? Some pimple-faced teenaged t w a t is OWNING you and chasing off all your customers, yet you sit there like a monkey on a witness stand picking your ugly noses. D O S O M E T H I N G, for the love of God. Do you think I'm going to spend money on your game if I can't even freakin' play it?!

I've encountered incompetence and sloth on many scales in the course of my five decades on this planet, but Mother Mary help me, I've NEVER seen anything like this. Reach down, grab hold, and FIX the bloody problem.

Sorry to say, man, there's really very little PWE Cryptic can do about it. That's the nature of the DDOS beast. The only thing that sucks especially for us is that STO isn't even the target, Neverwinter is. Datacenter virtualization being what it is, though, STO and Neverwinter share enough infrastructure that a DDOS of one takes out the other. It would be a huge expense and completely abnormal business practice for PWE to buy entirely isolated hardware for STO. Blame the "pimple-faced teenager" who's father should have loved him more, instead. There's no particular skill or artistry to DDOS, just thuggish immaturity. At least if he keeps targeting the same systems like this long enough, they'll decide it's worth the effort to track him down and prosecute.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    you are going to WIPE everyone of this losers accounts when you find them?
    texasred79 wrote: »
    You know, this is just goram ridiculous. Maybe Cryptic needs to just shut down Neverwinter completely until this idiot gives in and stops this - if he can't behave, then he doesn't get to play at all. It's wrecking other games as well. Hell, maybe we should ALL just stay off until Cryptic does something about this little shitstain.

that's what they want. If he can't have what he wants then nobody else can. Dummy spitter, is what he is.
    Is anyone going to put a little message on Champions online about this, you know the third game?​​
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Two things I honestly have no direct control over, however am trying to implement positive change to fix.

No, but you talk to those that can change it. Quite frankly, I think you guys owe us this one time.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Jesus freakin' wept, he's doing it again! On a FRIDAY NIGHT. Do you people even understand the concept of embarrassment? Some pimple-faced teenaged t w a t is OWNING you and chasing off all your customers, yet you sit there like a monkey on a witness stand picking your ugly noses. D O S O M E T H I N G, for the love of God. Do you think I'm going to spend money on your game if I can't even freakin' play it?!

I've encountered incompetence and sloth on many scales in the course of my five decades on this planet, but Mother Mary help me, I've NEVER seen anything like this. Reach down, grab hold, and FIX the bloody problem.

Sorry to say, man, there's really very little PWE Cryptic can do about it. That's the nature of the DDOS beast. The only thing that sucks especially for us is that STO isn't even the target, Neverwinter is. Datacenter virtualization being what it is, though, STO and Neverwinter share enough infrastructure that a DDOS of one takes out the other. It would be a huge expense and completely abnormal business practice for PWE to buy entirely isolated hardware for STO. Blame the "pimple-faced teenager" who's father should have loved him more, instead. There's no particular skill or artistry to DDOS, just thuggish immaturity. At least if he keeps targeting the same systems like this long enough, they'll decide it's worth the effort to track him down and prosecute.

Separate servers would be a reasonable option. Then at least it would only be one game having troubles and the rest of us could get on with our day and play.
  • markusgustavmarkusgustav Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    To say cryptic is at fault, IMHO, is akin to blaming the victim when a crime happens. Just because one feels negatively toward their treatment does not give them the right to commit criminal acts upon anyone else.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    You know, this is just goram ridiculous. Maybe Cryptic needs to just shut down Neverwinter completely until this idiot gives in and stops this - if he can't behave, then he doesn't get to play at all. It's wrecking other games as well. Hell, maybe we should ALL just stay off until Cryptic does something about this little shitstain.

Do what? Time warp Geordi to the present day to technobabble the DDoS away?

If you have any valuable tips as to this joker's real life identity, I'm certain PWE's lawyers would love to hear from you. Until then, Cryptic's putting out the fires as best they can.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    sov42 wrote: »

Separate servers would be a reasonable option. Then at least it would only be one game having troubles and the rest of us could get on with our day and play.

Trouble is, though, I almost guarantee you they're using some flavor of blade infrastructure. So you're not just talking separate servers, but separate blade enclosures, separate network stacks, separate redundant power distribution... It's not really feasible to the bean counters. I promise you, as a server engineer myself, their SysAdmins would LOVE to have their own hardware for us. Budget would never bite, though. I'm sure lots of discussions along these lines are bouncing around conference rooms at PWE again this week.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    We're on it, making phone calls.

Fantastic.... I feel so much better. still can't play.

Trouble is, though, I almost guarantee you they're using some flavor of blade infrastructure. So you're not just talking separate servers, but separate blade enclosures, separate network stacks, separate redundant power distribution... It's not really feasible to the bean counters. I promise you, as a server engineer myself, their SysAdmins would LOVE to have their own hardware for us. Budget would never bite, though. I'm sure lots of discussions along these lines are bouncing around conference rooms at PWE again this week.

Well, that's what happens when you're owned by a soulless off-shore company... >_>
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

Why do that? It could just make him feel better about himself and encourage an attack elsewhere because he is "God" and when he says "Shut Down" things shut down.

No. Best solution is to keep going and deny him that satisfaction.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited January 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »

Why do that? It could just make him feel better about himself and encourage an attack elsewhere because he is "God" and when he says "Shut Down" things shut down.

No. Best solution is to keep going and deny him that satisfaction.

I agree. To cave now with give him the satisfaction of some sort of victory, and I, for my part, refuse to allow him that.
  • georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Lets admit i. Almost and I do mean Almost the majority of people on walks of like would like to have a piece of vengeance if they have thought they have been done wrong. It's human nature The only difference from us with who ever this guy is he can do it.

But unfortunately in the process we are all also affected by his actions. Sure we can blame PWE and Cryptic but it's not they wanted this to happen nor they want this to keep on happening.

Most people are angry and annoyed about this, I know I'm one of them but lets stop and also think they are doing their job since not doing it would mean loosing more. So Lets just wait for a while and who knows we might get a compensation out of it.

Well hopefully >.<
    Well, that's what happens when you're owned by a soulless off-shore company... >_>
    speechless-mccoy-o.gif

vGdvFsX.jpg

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Hope Cryptic extends the event. I'd really like to get the ship.

Yay ! We're back !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Lets admit i. Almost and I do mean Almost the majority of people on walks of like would like to have a piece of vengeance if they have thought they have been done wrong. It's human nature The only difference from us with who ever this guy is he can do it.

But unfortunately in the process we are all also affected by his actions. Sure we can blame PWE and Cryptic but it's not they wanted this to happen nor they want this to keep on happening.

Most people are angry and annoyed about this, I know I'm one of them but lets stop and also think they are doing their job since not doing it would mean loosing more. So Lets just wait for a while and who knows we might get a compensation out of it.

Well hopefully >.<

Of course its human nature to want to be avenged for a wrongdoing, however, most people do not act on such behavior in a civilized society. We have restraint and better judgement.

Most people would not actively commit crime when they are wronged.

I pictured this:
    233882.jpg

:)

I pictured this:
    233882.jpg

LOL, Thank you, I needed that.
  • skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User

I pictured this:
    233882.jpg

Indeed!
  • daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Based on past experience, is this likely to be fixed in a few minutes or multiple hours? Or does it just vary?
    No no... you got the wrong thing.
    latest?cb=20110921144818
    THIS is making a phone call. :p
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    No no... you got the wrong thing.
    latest?cb=20110921144818
    THIS is making a phone call. :p

Yeah... but... Batman! ;)
    Batman's got nothin' on the Stargate. :p
    Anyone know Adam West's phone number? Know if he's asleep? we could use his help right about now.

I'd suggest Inspector Clouseau as well, might as well get a chuckle out of it too. (Sorry, I know its lame. Its been a long day.)
    Batman's got nothin' on the Stargate. :p

Nope, gotta go with the Batman on this one! At no time did SG ever do the Batusi. Ipso Facto, it's inferior.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

Anyone know Adam West's phone number? Know if he's asleep? we could use his help right about now.

I'd suggest Inspector Clouseau as well, might as well get a chuckle out of it too. (Sorry, I know its lame. Its been a long day.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o1-PlON3ss

How about this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o1-PlON3ss

How about this guy?

Why not them all?
    edited January 2016
  • trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    Looks like we're stable again, folks.