test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Alert! Hamsters Are Under Attack!

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
SNR then Disconnect 5 times in 20 mins now....this DDOS is gonna ruin this anniversary.
Edit: now im.disconnecting right after log in....
tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

Post edited by semalda226 on

Comments

• Options
    sorrin7sorrin7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I don't care what the guys problem is or why he's mad. He is a waste of life.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Star Trek: Disconnected , episode: server not responding
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    DDoS Prick at it again?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    SNR then Disconnect 5 times in 20 mins now....this DDOS is gonna ruin this anniversary.
    Edit: now im.disconnecting right after log in....
    Yeah. Gee you'd think a developer of an Online game would take steps to combat DDOS attack situations. Not Cryptic it seems. They just seem to hope the person(s) making the attacks get bored after a while and move on. That's pretty much how they seemed to handle it the last time Cryptic was hit by a POed DDOSer a few months back.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    DDoS Prick at it again?

Yep.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Can't log in any more either. Whatever it is, ddos or what, just fix it. It's getting out of hand.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    With our luck, its DDoS Prick again. And on a Friday Night too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    malkiasmalkias Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yah its pissing me off all i know is cryptic better extend this event since they cant manage to secure their TRIBBLE
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Ever who this is, I wish someone would Jay and Silent Bob his TRIBBLE. I hate this TRIBBLE.
  • Options

Then Cryptic needs to take steps to remedy this situation.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It is him, he brags about it on Twitter.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yep can't get in again - was map swapping in the middle of TIme & Tide and got the boot. Somebody needs to track this guy down and smash his face in with his monitor.
  • Options
    Can't log in at all now...T.T and on my 1 night I can stay up as long as I want....

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options

Then why is Cryptic being so passive about this?! Do something! Defend your network! And if you're incapable of doing so, hire someone who can.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And how would you propose they do that? If its legal action... pretty sure that guy's not American and not IN America, so that gets complicated all to hell. If it securing the servers... how do you do that against a DDoS? The Prick's employing a Zombie Army to Zerg Rush the servers til they overload. Its not like you can IP Ban him because of the Zombies are not coming from his IP Address.
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User

Yes, I'm sure running a script someone else wrote is great for bragging rights.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    If he isn't an american, block access to that country!
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    Honestly please shut down the server and put it out it of its misery. Time to end this annoying attacks.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Why doesn't somebody DDoS his TRIBBLE?

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Honestly please shut down the server and put it out it of its misery. Time to end this annoying attacks.
    And give him even more of an ego-boost?

• Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And how would you propose they do that? If its legal action... pretty sure that guy's not American and not IN America, so that gets complicated all to hell. If it securing the servers... how do you do that against a DDoS? The Prick's employing a Zombie Army to Zerg Rush the servers til they overload. Its not like you can IP Ban him because of the Zombies are not coming from his IP Address.

It's not like companies haven't been able to combat DDOS attacks. Just takes effort.

Good thing it's not up to me, though, as I would have cut off Russia and China off the Internet a long time ago. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    This TRIBBLE is pissing me off. Can someone in cryptic or perfect world fix this issue.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User

Must be someone with NO LIFE nor girl or boyfriend. Wish this guy could be caught and send him to the big house to get a "real" deserving life under 4 walls.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User

Must be someone with NO LIFE nor girl or boyfriend. Wish this guy could be caught and send him to the big house to get a "real" deserving life under 4 walls.

How dare this no lifer interrupt the gameplay of other no lifers ;)
  • Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    funny-pictures-hamster-toilet-paper.jpg

But wait...

tumblr_m7p8n9uO761rc8m41o1_400.jpg

Oh no! It's gotten worse!

cyborg_hamster_by_llothcat.jpg

Or do I mean...better? We can rebuild him. Better. Faster. Stronger. Able to make that na-na-na-na noise while running in his little wheel.
  • Options
    scubajerryscubajerry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This TRIBBLE is causing me to have to hang out with my wife while she is watching deadly women episodes.
  • Options
    *Opens the hood of your starship* "Ah! Yep there's yer problem! See your discombobulator got crossed with your whatzimijigit and that shorted out your Temporal Incursion Device which caused your Flux Capacitor to Overload!"

This discussion has been closed.