test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades: Why only 1 per account

Most of us have 3 toons on account Why are you only giving out 1 per Account?

Comments

• Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Given the particle event is on those are a bit TRIBBLE in comparison to omega upgrades but the exp ones can bop you up to mk xiv very quickly so probably to limit folks with multiple alts (ive got like 14 myself)
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    IIRC those upgrades (and other consumables from give aways) are only bound to account and not to character, so you could create, claim, transfer, delete and rinse and repeat to get unlimited upgrades.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Most of us have 3 toons on account Why are you only giving out 1 per Account?
    This will happen (and happend in the beginning) when its 1 per toon !!!

1 : Make a new toon,
    2: get upgrade & put in account bank,
    3: delete toon,

goto 1
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I think the reason they don't do 2 per character is because there are people out there that have 10 or more characters. My guess is that they don't want people giving all 20 kits to one character and getting too many upgrades for free?

I guess that could be fixed by making the give away 2 per character but making the upgrades bound to character so they couldn't be 'muled' over all to one character. I don't know, personally while I appreciate the free give away (I always appreciate freebies) I don't find them all that useful. They're great if you have a character who's in the leveling process, but being that all my characters are level 60 the fact that the kits have a 0% rarity upgrade makes them fairly useless to me.

Still, they're free so I'm not complaining. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It is to get you to try and get hooked so you either spend money or play. Just like how a drug dealer will give you your first hit for free.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    In before the "moaning about free stuff" comment, but yeah I didn't exactly leap for joy at this particular giveaway. A pair of Vanguard tech upgrades would have been nicer but ultimately it's all overshadowed by the Omega upgrades.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I think the reason they don't do 2 per character is because there are people out there that have 10 or more characters. My guess is that they don't want people giving all 20 kits to one character and getting too many upgrades for free?

I guess that could be fixed by making the give away 2 per character but making the upgrades bound to character so they couldn't be 'muled' over all to one character. I don't know, personally while I appreciate the free give away (I always appreciate freebies) I don't find them all that useful. They're great if you have a character who's in the leveling process, but being that all my characters are level 60 the fact that the kits have a 0% rarity upgrade makes them fairly useless to me.

Still, they're free so I'm not complaining. :)

1-Claim upgrades
    2-Send item to character
    3-Upgrade
    4-send item back
    5-Delete character and create a new one
    6-Go to 1

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    People did that with Delta Recruit other-character rewards to get the pile of R&D mats hundreds of times just by fast-forwarding through the tutorial. They had to change the minimum level to claim Delta rewards from level 10 to 20.

Unlike spec points, these are dil-equivalents and can be used to level up gear that you put on the exchange. Unlimited numbers of them would be a gold farmer's dream.