What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Particle @ Starbase 39

eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
Is this portion bugged?

I'm not new to the game
i know how to use the tricoder
I know whats the differenc ebetween ground and space

But for the life of me, i CANNOT seem to locate the omega particle if its a GROUND mission on Starbase 39

It seems to be in the centre of the starbase ( like where the ops room of DS9 is ) but we cannot get to it
It is NOT on the 2 / 3 floor walkways nor is it in the admiral's office
The tricorder seems to point towards a secret door in the exchange but it is not there

Because of this, i am unable to complete the mission to get 40 vouchers.
I have done Time and Tide for the 400..

Comments

• wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Yep stuck too
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Yeh can't find it. . .

unless I can walk threw walls since it tells me it's behind the exchange
    JtaDmwW.png
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yup me to, same bug as last year. They must be amateurs as they cant fix a bug that is more than a year old.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Seem Trendy is ESD mention they are aware of this bug so it's getting looked at right now I imagine.
    SulMatuul.png
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Looked at, and pointed at while giggling you mean?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Seem Trendy is ESD mention they are aware of this bug so it's getting looked at right now I imagine.
    Good to hear, thanks for sharing it.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    There's a maintenance tomorrow, expect they'll fix it then along with the other buggy locations. Shouldn't have needed to, but stuff happens.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Last year we ended up being asked to drop the mission and pick it up again. The new locations in the New Mission all had Omegas we could pick up. Not sure if that's what is gong on here or not, but I'm going to go try it and see if it fixes it.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    All you need to do is wait for the anniversary event to be over with, then the bug will disappear until next anniversary.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Last year we ended up being asked to drop the mission and pick it up again. The new locations in the New Mission all had Omegas we could pick up. Not sure if that's what is gong on here or not, but I'm going to go try it and see if it fixes it.
    Nope. It's still hidden behind the wall.
    HiddenMolecule-001.jpg
  • imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Nope dropped it many times and it kept giving me the same mission for the same spots. So they really need to fix this.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

Nope dropped it many times and it kept giving me the same mission for the same spots. So they really need to fix this.
    Just to confirm, did you try dropping the mission and picking it back up immediately?
  • cwpetrocwpetro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have done it multiple times only to receive the same three locations again.
  • bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Looks like Rura penthe is bugged as well. :(
  • bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    cwpetro wrote: »

Yeah unfortunately it appears there is no way to get a different three locations.
  • patrick1711patrick1711 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    OK DEVS. cant find it either in Star Base 39. also tried droping the mission and restarting NO particle... scripting can be tricky. why bother doing the events on ground or space, make it one or the other. obviously since last year noone can do this right. give us all space and call it a day. Also you can add Rura Penthe (space) not working either....
    cwpetro wrote: »
    I can confirm this. I just dropped it for the forth time and it still gives the same three locations. SB 39 (Ground) is the only location absent of Omegas. :|

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If you think this is bad, last year's bug for the particle gathering was worse. If someone interacted with the particle you were with, your collection would fail. They fixed that, but yeah, every year there's something majorly screwed with the Omega Particle Collection.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Same here dropped it ten times on main, swapped toon and got the same on alt also.

sb39 can not be done :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    Come on is anyone really surprised that Cryptic screwed up again? Really? I mean seriously if Cryptic ever had an event that was bug free, then I'd be worried
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    If you think this is bad, last year's bug for the particle gathering was worse. If someone interacted with the particle you were with, your collection would fail. They fixed that, but yeah, every year there's something majorly screwed with the Omega Particle Collection.

That bug is still here too. I had it happen to me, earlier..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Thankfully, my mission just after maint was ESD ground, Vulcan ground and K-7 ground. I hope they fix SB39 before I get that one. And there was only a couple of particles in 39 space, so that's odd too.

Vulcan Space seems to be the best place to farm blue traces. You can sit in one spot and play multiple times.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited January 2016
    And another thing, why can't we bank the traces? I can't even put them in my personal bank.

But I can mail them. I'm farming them on three chars (one for each color) and sending them all to my Omega crafter.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    Have tried dropping/reobtaining this multiple times, always the same locations...

Then there's the insta-fails still happening also... /sigh​​
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • h4p4xh4p4x Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yes, have dropped and re-taken mission from Q multiple times, always end up with same results.

A fix is forthcoming, I should think...
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    getting the same bug at Starbase 39 also, dropping the mission and starting over seems to have no effect as you just get the same mission locations each time.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    getting the same bug at Starbase 39 also, dropping the mission and starting over seems to have no effect as you just get the same mission locations each time.
    IIRC it's a time thing. The missions change hourly or maybe more often. I forget the exact amount of time it takes to change.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • metaliantmetaliant Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    There was a whole bunch of us running around that Starbase. Thank god I am not the only one. I know as a registered blind person I have sight problems but I didn't think my sight was THAT bad.
    OH MY GOD THEY KILLED JIM KIRK
    YOU TRIBBLE
    I'm pretty sure that maybe the sites changed about every fifteen minutes, but I can't be positive of that. I know it was more often than once an hour.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Switching instances, dropping and picking it up again, nothing works. There is no easy way around this. We need a real fix, not just a futile workaround.
This discussion has been closed.