test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Dreadnought: no secondary deflector?

2»

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Science/Exotic Damage powers requiring a narrow arc:

Gravity well
    Tykens Rift
    Tachyon Beam
    Destabilized Resonance Beam
    Endothermic Inhibitor Beam
    Subspace Vortex
    Structural Integrity Collapse

I may be missing some, let's not forget set bonus like the Quantum phase weapon set. While TRB doesn't have an arc limit it does need to pull the ships in first which takes a few seconds and having speed on your side to go suck up enemy ships into your death grip can be invaluable. These also happen to be the best and most commonly used science powers whereas AOE's like charged particle burst and photonic shockwave are relatively useless and ignored.
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I wouldn't have expected it to have one...Dreadnought = Tac, right? Secondary are only for Sci.

Dreadnoughts are more Eng,but I'm assuming because it's a temporal ship,hence the science leaning.

• fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    It's got everything it needs to be an amazing ship, more attractive than a Krenim ship any day of the week. An auto buy for me. My only complaint is the weak Aeon fighter pets and they could just remove subsystem targeting. Would be nice to have a couple cruiser commands, +turn and +shield ones sound reasonable.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    doubt will ever see a C-Store Sci ship with a 4/3...
    Dyson sci destroyers...?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    fatman592 wrote: »
    It's got everything it needs to be an amazing ship, more attractive than a Krenim ship any day of the week. An auto buy for me. My only complaint is the weak Aeon fighter pets and they could just remove subsystem targeting. Would be nice to have a couple cruiser commands, +turn and +shield ones sound reasonable.

Oh come on, man! Science Vessel with Secondary Deflector + Sensor Analysis + Hangar Bay + Cruiser Commands? :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Oh come on, man! Science Vessel with Secondary Deflector + Sensor Analysis + Hangar Bay + Cruiser Commands? :D

I know, I know, but a ship from the future should have it all lol. And of course, I am going to get one, so I want it to be as OP as possible. Would be nice if they made subsystem targeting more useful.

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    fatman592 wrote: »

I know, I know, but a ship from the future should have it all lol. And of course, I am going to get one, so I want it to be as OP as possible. Would be nice if they made subsystem targeting more useful.

At least you're thinking big B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Well if it does then they changed it...

It always had one. I got mine on the second day, there wasn't really time to change it before then.
    Well that sucks...yet again Science gets the shaft unless we're willing to fork out hundreds of millions to billions of EC...

Being a lobi ship, the new Dreadnought's price should pretty quickly settle into the 180M-220M range. It won't cost anywhere near what the Annorax does, because there's effectively a limitless supply.

Here's the issue I still have a question about:
    Temporal Fragmentation System

This three piece set includes the consoles from the Wells Temporal Science Vessel, Korath Temporal Science Vessel, R’Mor Temporal Science Vessel, Mobius Temporal Destroyer, Krenn Temporal Destroyer, Talvath Temporal Destroyer and Paradox Temporal Dreadnought [T6]. Below are the three universal consoles in this set:

Console – Universal – Tipler Cylinder
    Found on the Temporal Science Vessels

Console – Universal – Manheim Device
    Found on the Temporal Destroyers

Console – Universal – Temporal Rift Stabilizer
    Found on the Paradox Temporal Dreadnought

Set Bonuses

Fragment Time (2 piece) – Passive
    Causes Tipler Rewind Time ability to hold nearby enemies

Temporal Acceleration (3 piece) – Passive
    Minor Reduction to Science Bridge Officer Ability Recharge Times
    Significant Reduction to Temporal Console Ability Recharge Times

So what if you equip the Mannheim Device and the Temporal Rift Stabilizer, but not the Tipler Cylinder? The two-piece set bonus does nothing. That bonus probably needs to be changed to something that works regardless of which two consoles you equip.