test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Dreadnought: no secondary deflector?

I'm hoping this is a typo and was accidentally left off the blog...

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It's likely a typo because Cryptic doesn't have the habit of doing Science Vessels, much less a news release on them with that extra required detail.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    If my memory serves me correctly, the Scryer upon release lacked both a secondary deflector and sensor analysis -- which was eventually changed. So hoping the dev blog is incorrect or if we complain enough it will be fixed.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Ship Details

Hull Strength: 37,500 at level 40, 43,125 at level 50 and 50,000 at level 60
    Shield Modifier: 1.425
    Crew: 2300
    Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical/Command, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Intel
    Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 5 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    Inertia: 40
    +10 Shield Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    Can load Dual Cannons
    Hangar Bays: 1
    Hangar Bays loaded with Aeon Timeship Fighters
    Console - Universal - Temporal Rift Stabilizer
    Sensor Analysis
    Subsystem Targeting
    Starship Ability Package (Science Vessel)
    Enhanced Particle Generators
    Advanced Shield Systems
    Enhanced Restorative Circuitry
    Reactive Shield Technology
    Unstable Anomalies (Starship Trait)

Hmm, just now realize it's not going to be the replacement of the Mobius. 1x BFAW3, at the most. :( In that case, yeah, it should come with a Secondary Deflector.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Ensign Ricky tried connecting the secondary deflector and got atomized as he touched an active EPS conduit. So in honor of our redshirt Ricky the secondary deflector will be disabled until further notice....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Someone just said - in the official feedback thread, there's a reason why those exist ;) - that a Dev confirmed that it will get a secondary deflector.
    risian4 wrote: »
    Someone just said - in the official feedback thread, there's a reason why those exist ;) - that a Dev confirmed that it will get a secondary deflector.

[citation required]
    3lsZz0w.jpg

It makes sense.

If the Temporal Dread was a 2-hangar Carrier with Cmdr SCI, then yes, it wouldn't get a Secondary Deflector.

But there are a handful of Science Vessels with 1-hangar bay, so the Temporal Dread would have gotten it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Ooh...are the Aeons going to be able to fire subatomic disruptors, use temporal backstep AND manheim?
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

[citation required]

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/42yg1g/star_trek_online_mirror_lockbox_stats/
    It does.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Ship Details

Hull Strength: 37,500 at level 40, 43,125 at level 50 and 50,000 at level 60
    Shield Modifier: 1.425
    Crew: 2300
    Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical/Command, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Intel
    Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 5 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    Inertia: 40
    +10 Shield Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    Can load Dual Cannons
    Hangar Bays: 1
    Hangar Bays loaded with Aeon Timeship Fighters
    Console - Universal - Temporal Rift Stabilizer
    Sensor Analysis
    Subsystem Targeting
    Starship Ability Package (Science Vessel)
    Enhanced Particle Generators
    Advanced Shield Systems
    Enhanced Restorative Circuitry
    Reactive Shield Technology
    Unstable Anomalies (Starship Trait)

Hmm, just now realize it's not going to be the replacement of the Mobius. 1x BFAW3, at the most. :( In that case, yeah, it should come with a Secondary Deflector.

Using that universal as a tac seat gives you 1 small command power and 1 larger intel power. Is that right? They aren't both intel or command? Enhanced partgens. This will make a decent hold and splode torpedo cannon.

Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!

[citation required]

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/42yg1g/star_trek_online_mirror_lockbox_stats/
    It does.

Reddit, I should have known. :) Thx for the link.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

[citation required]

It does.

By the time I saw the forum threads I'd already been quoted. :)
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User

[citation required]

It does.

By the time I saw the forum threads I'd already been quoted. :)

Nothing like Reddit pig-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It's a Science Dreadnought like the Annorax, it loses the secondary deflector but gains a 4th forward weapon slot.

If it is going to get a secondary deflector then that means the Annorax should get one too.

edited January 2016
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    But the Anorak DOES have one.

Well if it does then they changed it...I don't own one personally. I remember the blog also lacked mention of a secondary deflector on it. Okay...now it does...

Well that sucks...yet again Science gets the shaft unless we're willing to fork out hundreds of millions to billions of EC...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What? The Temporal Dreadnought will have a Secondary Deflector. It is available in the Lobi Store so it is no gamble and Lobi Store stuff is 'relatively' cheap on the Exchange.

Also the Anniversary Ship is a SCIENCE Ship.

So I don't understand this 'shaft'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What? The Temporal Dreadnought will have a Secondary Deflector. It is available in the Lobi Store so it is no gamble and Lobi Store stuff is 'relatively' cheap on the Exchange.

They can always remove it if it makes you feel better!
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Sweet thanks Spartan!

Looks like a baby Annorax to me!
    You trade a bit of tactical for some more speed which is a tradeoff I can live with... and it'll be 500 mil ec cheaper. XD
    edited January 2016

[citation required]

It does.

It's always funny that they give out better information themselves elsewhere and not on the official site.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    But the Anorak DOES have one.

Well if it does then they changed it...I don't own one personally. I remember the blog also lacked mention of a secondary deflector on it. Okay...now it does...

Well that sucks...yet again Science gets the shaft unless we're willing to fork out hundreds of millions to billions of EC...

The Annorax always had the secondary deflector. It's not surprising for the info on the news blogs to be incomplete. I recall a bit of drama when the T6 Negh'Var was being released. The C-Store version listed that it could cloak but the Fleet version didn't have that tidbit of info. People were flipping out on the boards and misinformation was flowing in some of the channels, when in fact, both variants were able to cloak.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    It's always funny that they give out better information themselves elsewhere and not on the official site.

Funny isn't the word I would use.... Sad fits better, honestly it shows a lack of professionalism.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User

rangerryu wrote: »

What are you talking about making me feel better if they remove it? I was expressing surprise at the poster (@lianthelia) who said Cryptic was giving Science the shaft. You know like 'What the heck are you talking about". There's plenty of Science love here and pointed out how. So, now I guess the same goes with your post. Just don't understand it, at all.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited January 2016

Like I said...I will have to spend hundreds of millions of EC to get a Science ship that is better...doubt will ever see a C-Store Sci ship with a 4/3...

Plus I can easily see this ship manipulated in the exchange, going for higher than your average lobi store prices...people with the EC buying the cheaper ones up.
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »

What are you talking about making me feel better if they remove it? I was expressing surprise at the poster (@lianthelia) who said Cryptic was giving Science the shaft. You know like 'What the heck are you talking about". There's plenty of Science love here and pointed out how. So, now I guess the same goes with your post. Just don't understand it, at all.

yeah sorry about that I misunderstood your post (that and my sense of humour is terrible) anyway as for endgame science ships I only have Pathfinder and nothing KDF or Republic remotely like that so the Krenim ship is quite welcome.
    No we won't because science dreadnoughts like destroyers and cross faction raiders are unique sub types only available as alien ships. This is on purpose to maintain their uniqueness.... they aren't necessarily better but they are different which is the point.
    edited January 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »
    No we won't because science dreadnoughts like destroyers and cross faction raiders are unique sub types only available as alien ships. This is on purpose to maintain their uniqueness.... they aren't necessarily better but they are different which is the point.

Already said there will be a secondary deflector on it...so these science dreadnoughts are superior to science ships in every single way pretty much with no downsides.

Except for turn, but lets face it who gives a damn about turn when everyone just throws beams on everything...
    It does matter because most science powers have a narrow arc you must stay in to use or activate them.

If anyone actually builds a science ship as a beam boat they are gimping themselves...

I would put my Scryer or Dauntless against that sucker any day.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    It does matter because most science powers have a narrow arc you must stay in to use or activate them.

If anyone actually builds a science ship as a beam boat they are gimping themselves...

I would put my Scryer or Dauntless against that sucker any day.

The two big damage powers, TBR and GW, one needs a arc and ones doesn't, once you fire you can go back to all 7 beams...work better as a beam boat than a torp boat...You'd have to load it up with all kinds of RCS consoles.

Or well there is that one power I'm forgetting the name, which needs you to stay in arc...

This sucker can be as much Tac as the Dauntless or just about as Science as the Scryer....but it can be so much more...so very versatile...it can fit many roles...

While those ships could fly circles around the Paradox (I just looked at the stats again and I think I was thinking of the Annorax when it comes to turn rate, this one has 8 which isn't shabby) this sucker will tank a lot more damage before going boom.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I wouldn't have expected it to have one...Dreadnought = Tac, right? Secondary are only for Sci.