test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Outfits

elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
So, regarding the mirror outfits, the post only says:
Captains can purchase Mirror Universe Uniforms, including variants of the Odyssey, Bortasqu’, and Romulan uniforms as worn by their Mirror counterparts (available only to characters of the appropriate faction). Additionally, a special set of Jupiter Terran Empire Uniforms adds more variants, including Admiral Leeta’s Mirror Uniform pieces.

It does not say if they're lobi, zen, or anything else. Is there one whole set? Are they per character? Are there three sets (and an additional Jupiter)? This is a set I'm looking forward to, but it was mentioned in a lock box post when the contents aren't even in the lock box... soo....

Clarification?

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Following the pattern of other lockboxes. It'll be in the lobi store for 200 lobi.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    While I hope for anything besides the lobi store, I'm not optimistic.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I was hoping for the c-store, also hoping for a zen sale as well, Im ready to spend some real $$ but its on a time limit.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    With seemingly four sets (Fed, KDF, Rom, Jupiter), I'd think they wouldn't all be in the lobi store. But I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I could see the Jupiter "Leeta" Costume in the Lobi store as it has more pieces than the others, The 3 faction ones, I hope will be C-store or simple lockbox drops.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    Chances are, it's a MU Costume Box to be purchased in the Lobi Store. If FED opens it, it's the FED MU uniforms. If KDF opens it, it's the KDF MU uniform. If ROM opens it, it's the ROM MU uniform. Too bad there's not a MU Reman uniform option.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    A shame. I would buy some of the newer costumes outright if in the C-Store. Using the same Zen to instead buy keys to unlock chance boxes, with maybe enough Lobi inside to spend in the Lobi store, just isn't at all appealing to me.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    It matters not because i plan to buy them straight away.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    A shame. I would buy some of the newer costumes outright if in the C-Store. Using the same Zen to instead buy keys to unlock chance boxes, with maybe enough Lobi inside to spend in the Lobi store, just isn't at all appealing to me.

Me too. I've bought almost all the zen store costumes, but I don't really want to spend enough zen on lottery boxes to get enough lobi for one costume for one character. Besides the expense, especially for someone with lots of alts, it's a really long winded way to get it if you're not interested in what's in the boxes. The whole lottery box/lobi system is really anti-consumer, but that's a different rant.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    themartian wrote: »
    The whole lottery box/lobi system is really anti-consumer, but that's a different rant.

Well, originally, the lobi system was a wonderful addition to the typical lottery box system.... they were a bonus item, a bit of extra insurance against bad luck - if you opened a bunch of boxes and didn't get anything cool, you'd still have gotten these guaranteed lobi crystals that would let you outright buy a "cool thing".

Of course, this breaks down when you switch the goal from "get cool thing from lockbox" to "get that lobi thing... TRIBBLE, I have to open lockboxes".
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    The question was raised over in the main lock box thread and I don't believe it was answered. Therefore I suspect these all to be lobi store items. It's seems like a wasted effort (Jupiter in lobi, rest in C-store seems most marketable) but depending on Cryptic's line of thinking it's something they could easily decide on.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    + 1 for c store versions, I don't want to buy 25 keys per too for the outfits
    Spock.jpg

• Options

Closer to 50, assuming 4 lobi per box. Of course, even for 25 keys, it'd be cheaper (EC-wise) to buy off the exchange.... the Herald Thrall outfit was around 35-40mil, last I checked. (This is also assuming all lobi outfits would be the same 200 crystal price)
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Ugh... they are in the lobi store. This is disappointing, but not surprising
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    Are they captain-only, or can I outfit my mirror boffs to match my mirror holo-Leeta?
  • Options
    drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Very disappointed that the Odyssey and faction based costumes are Lobi purchasable only. I can understand the Jupiter (Leeta specific) costumes, but the faction-based costume? Poor choice, in my opinion.

I was going to pay money for Zen to buy those outfits, but I'm not going to spend an even higher exorbitant price to get keys to open 50 boxes... Price difference: 550 zen versus between 3000-4000 zen to open enough boxes.

EDIT: That's per character, for what seems like a shirt (or two) and little else.
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    drazzii wrote: »
    Very disappointed that the Odyssey and faction based costumes are Lobi purchasable only. I can understand the Jupiter (Leeta specific) costumes, but the faction-based costume? Poor choice, in my opinion.

I was going to pay money for Zen to buy those outfits, but I'm not going to spend an even higher exorbitant price to get keys to open 50 boxes... Price difference: 550 zen versus between 3000-4000 zen to open enough boxes.

EDIT: That's per character, for what seems like a shirt (or two) and little else.

It's the little else that we're after.

/tasteless sarcasm
  • Options
    berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I'm hesitant to get these because they're not labeled clearly. Look at this picture:
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/4e/8d/4e8d57470223f971f1c52ae3e95ecaf61453829459.png
    I'm assuming that the two leftmost uniforms are the Odyssey uniforms, but in the lobi preview "Mirror Odyssey" shows something different. I'd like some clarification on what I actually get for whichever pack I might buy before I use the lobi.
    6e5OTnq.png
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Really need different colours for the shorts. Blue, Gold and Black would be good 2nd/3rd/4th choice options.
    Post edited by misterferengi#8959 on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Closer to 50, assuming 4 lobi per box. Of course, even for 25 keys, it'd be cheaper (EC-wise) to buy off the exchange.... the Herald Thrall outfit was around 35-40mil, last I checked. (This is also assuming all lobi outfits would be the same 200 crystal price)
    I've heard the average is 5 lobi.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I would hold of on buying them, They're missing ranks bars, Arm knife on Males and Leetas shorts can only be red.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I would hold of on buying them, They're missing ranks bars, Arm knife on Males and Leetas shorts can only be red.

started another thread just caused i noticed the rank bar missing didnt see the others you mention
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Such a dissapoingment that those uniforms are not in the zen store. I would have bout them at the store immediately. .. But since they are lobi based and no doubtebly will be 30 mil + ...I will probably not get the outfit despite how much I want to .. If you have 3+ Alts you are basically screwed. I'm not that advanced in my gaming that I make several millions. its to costly to buy lots of keys .. I tried a few times with 10 pack keys but it's never enough...
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    And here I was ready to actually buy zen with cash for the first time in 2yrs :( First they throw out garbage for KDF and RR then they make em all Lobi.... fuuuuuuuuuuu