test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return of the Odysee

lonestar012345lonestar012345 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
There are some of us out there that would like to see a Tier 6 Odysee class. STO needs to bring this ship to a T6. Mine used to destroy all and now is almost inferior to a miranda class! Please make this happen. I love that ship!

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Ever read the story blog that teased the T6 flagships a while ago? It's not winter that's coming, it's them.

Also if you can't still kick all kinds of TRIBBLE in your t5u ody you're doing something wrong......
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    There are some of us out there that would like to see a Tier 6 Odysee class. STO needs to bring this ship to a T6. Mine used to destroy all and now is almost inferior to a miranda class! Please make this happen. I love that ship!

My T5-U C-store sovereign still kills things like no tomorrow, now onto the original topic.

I could make a T6 Oddy work, it's the type of ship that screams heavy battleship.

But I don't see a T6 Oddy being given away, c-store most likely

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      T5-U should be able to fight most things just as well as T6.

A new (T5-U or T6) Fleet version of the Odyssey/Bortas/Scimitar would be cool though, something like:

Odyssey: Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Universal, Lt Sci, Lt Tac, Lt Universal/Universal, 5 Eng consoles, 3 Sci Consoles, 3 Tac Consoles

Bortas: Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Universal, Lt Sci, Lt Tac, Lt Universal/Universal, 4 Eng consoles, 2 Sci Consoles, 5 Tac Consoles

Scimitar: Cmdr Tac, LtCmdr Universal, Lt Sci, Lt Eng, Lt Universal/Universal, 3 Eng consoles, 3 Sci Consoles, 5 Tac Consoles

They could even work it into an episode - flagship of your faction gets damaged at the start (Enterprise/Bortasqu'/Scimatar) gets damaged in battle & you limp back to Spacedock, timeskip in the episode, then at the end it comes back with a refit to save the day.
    • calamar017calamar017 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
      A T6 version of the Odyssey-class has already been hinted at in some of the game's literature. I only hope they modernize the model and offer some additional ship appearance options for it.
      calamar017 wrote: »
      A T6 version of the Odyssey-class has already been hinted at in some of the game's literature. I only hope they modernize the model and offer some additional ship appearance options for it.

Wouldn't be surpised if they go the command crusier route again.

3 flagships each for tac, engi sci, 3 models (hopefully), 3 consoles with a 4th one from a event ship to form a 4pc set. And hey look at that, the krenim sci ship console can be equippied on all ships.....
    • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
      Has there been any new news on this? I have looked around but nothing mentioned. Do you think they will do a ship set again for the T6? Like they did with the Odyssey c-store versions. Also why is this thread not in the Federation Discussion category?
    • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
      Got to love my Oddy
    • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
      raj011 wrote: »
      Has there been any new news on this? I have looked around but nothing mentioned. Do you think they will do a ship set again for the T6? Like they did with the Odyssey c-store versions. Also why is this thread not in the Federation Discussion category?

No news yet and if they do multiple versions like last time then I could see it being done like the command cruisers you know a 3 pack for each faction and an all pack.

raj011 wrote: »

They [flagships] are coming and they are many. The reason why you won't see anything about it here is beacuse of the omni important 1st rule. ;)
    • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      Just saw this, I was asking about the flagships earlier today and someone mentioned that they have posted something about the T6 Flagships. Interestingly it does not say if the consoles are part of a set and if you get an improved version of QSD. Also no mention of a fleet versions, if you can switch ship parts with the previous versions and if you can add the previous ship set consoles to the T6 ships. Hopefully there will be more information in the follow-up blog.
    • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
      gabeoz1 wrote: »

Considering the original Ody looked like a bloated garden shovel. Anything is an improvement.

'I didn't mean to say that the Odyssey should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away AS garbage!" :p
      [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
      [/SIGPIC]