test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preemptive Planning

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
The Na’kuhl wouldn’t be so desperate as to go for the incident with the Kelvans, would they?

Check out our latest fiction piece!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Going proactive against the Na’kuhl? Okay, give us a shovel and let's dig up the history books! :smiley:

So there's a chance they will target the Enterprise... uh... one incarnation of it at least ^^
    Will we be saving Shon again? :3
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I can haz Kelvans? O_O! YAY!

Also, the XO is a Cardassian?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    Will we be saving Shon again? :3

He shouts too much. Wonder if he has tellarite in the gene-pool. B)

• Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    We get to go time hopping across all the Enterprises?
    triumphant.png
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    nrankonranko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The Cardassian stopped at his door and grinned back at him. “That one isn’t the only ship named ‘Enterprise’, sir.”

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    grrr, Cryptic is getting realy good at making these exceedingly cryptic -.-
    edited January 2016
    nranko wrote: »
    The Cardassian stopped at his door and grinned back at him. “That one isn’t the only ship named ‘Enterprise’, sir.”

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name 'Enterprise'!"
    Tsk tsk! Doubt it, Mon Capitaine! :smiley: After giving the same name to TWELVE flagships (counting from NX-01 all the way to the Enterprise-J), I think even History knows which ship to pick on by now :smiley:

Then again... maybe we should count six only (ending with D), so the good captain doesn't feel too out-of-date :smile:
    -
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    17 violations already clears it up, the connie. dont tell me they are going to haul that garbage scow to the future?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I seriously thought 'our' ship was being referenced until the Kelvans came up. :P

If this doesn't end with a running firefight across a Constitution's bridge, I'll be very disappointed. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    22nd, 23rd and 24th centuries? Star Trek is 50 this year, so I read that as a trip to the three famous Enterprise's. :smile:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I'll call this one now:

We'll have a Shon, Shran buddy-cop episode this season. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Time-hoping through the Enterprise's back catalog of greatest hits sounds like it could be interesting.

This is going to send the T6 Connie guys into overdrive though! :D
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Any chance some of these characters will show up in future episodes dealing with the Pastak?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    If you're trying to get me hyped for the new mission, it's working. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Kate Bankson,

I love the way you're setting this story up for me. When I consider the fact that there is now a way to include all of Trek now in to ONE monolithic arc I get excited. Moving 'future' characters in and out of any given period in Federation history is sure to make for some of the best action I've seen in our Online Star Trek!

Best regards,

T9 ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Very nice. What took so long to get this up?

Anyway another stellar offering by Cryptic's writing team.

Yeah they said that last time. I'm thinking there's a little...a LOT of flirting there and I dig it. I am no shipping Ben and Nereda.
    I seriously thought 'our' ship was being referenced until the Kelvans came up. :P

If this doesn't end with a running firefight across a Constitution's bridge, I'll be very disappointed. :)

I don't want a T6 Connie or anything, though updating the current in game Constitution's model would be nice.

I wouldn't mind a Constitution refit bridge though.

In the mean time we have other trouble to get into.
    22nd, 23rd and 24th centuries? Star Trek is 50 this year, so I read that as a trip to the three famous Enterprise's. :smile:

Sounds good to me.
    I'll call this one now:

We'll have a Shon, Shran buddy-cop episode this season. :P

Look man, don't talk about that much awesome in one place at one time. That would mean they've managed to get Jeffrey Combs to reprise is role and quite frankly this game may experience a big bang from the awesome.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    James T. kirk, Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise, womanizer... um, ah... yeah, that's practically it. Did I miss anything?
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    I can't wait to get my little belt thingy and turn my enemies into 12-sided dice.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    James T. kirk, Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise, womanizer... um, ah... yeah, that's practically it. Did I miss anything?
    • "...they’re out-maneuvering us in 24th century Romulan space.
    • "...going to destroy the Federation"
    • "Here in the 22nd.”
    • "That one isn’t the only ship named ‘Enterprise’, sir.”

Basically, the target is not 1701.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    bardbrain#1199 bardbrain Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm reminded of a Shakespeare quote:

"And Enterprises of great pitch and moment
    With this regard their currents turned awry
    And lose the name of action."
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    So the ship Enterprise is the target. Well, that is one mission I'll get behind if we have to save them all. From the NX to the Enterprise E. F if the Odyssey class Enterprise is in the episode.

And a ferasan officer, my lore is foggy but I'm guessing the Klingnons are friendly now.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    And a ferasan officer, my lore is foggy but I'm guessing the Klingnons are friendly now.

Yep, since the Undine attack on Qo'noS in Surface Tension :smile: I would've sooner imagined a Ferasan to be serving on a KDF temporal ship though.

But, exchange programs do exist :smile:

I wonder what it's like in that future. Did Cardassia eventually apply for Federation membership for example?
    -
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    megawolf0 wrote: »

Yep, since the Undine attack on Qo'noS in Surface Tension :smile: I would've sooner imagined a Ferasan to be serving on a KDF temporal ship though.

But, exchange programs do exist :smile:

I wonder what it's like in that future. Did Cardassia eventually apply for Federation membership for example?

Wouldn't surprise me if the Cardassians are part of the Federation.

And maybe the temporal group is like those organizations that is cross faction and anyone can join.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    could your plz PREEMPTIVE PLANNING against ddos attacks thank you
  • Options
    excalibur37excalibur37 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It'd be interesting to speculate on the episode, since six of the eight known Enterprises have experienced temporal incidents (A and F being the exceptions) and, therefore, every Enterprise crew, except for Va'Kel Shon's has been involved with a temporal incident (unless you want to expand the definition to include the Enterprise F's involvement with "The 2800", although the Enterprise F itself did not experience a temporal incident).

Additionally, as it must, every Enterprise has participated in a focal point in Federation or Galactic History.

Done right, you could have a temporal episode involving every Enterprise in Federation history. Perhaps a somewhat better honor to the USS Enterprise then was given to it in "These Are The Voyages..."
  • Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    What I don't understand is why a crew of time travelers, who have their own time machine, would have a need to actually stay ahead of their opponent...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    What I don't understand is why a crew of time travelers, who have their own time machine, would have a need to actually stay ahead of their opponent...

Don'tcha just hate temporal mechanics? Gives me a headache. XD
  • Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    "What do we want?"
    "Time travel."
    "And when do we want it?"
    "It's irrelevant."
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Now THIS is starting to sound like a real 50th anniversary celebration - a trip ALL the way down Memory Lane! Kudos on the idea, and very best wishes on the execution!
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

I would definitely would like to be able to be able to make a Cardassian character. Esp. based on Garak, going for an Intelligence specialization. I'm hoping for an expansion for species choices in the near future. *crosses fingers*