test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CODE BLUE The hamster is down...

I say again the hamster is down...get the crash cart in here!

Comments

• lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yuup.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    answers my question lol. game is semi-down.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I crashed... I thought they did maintenance few days ago? Didn't they upgrade the hamsters with bionics? Must have forgotten to patch the firmware on them.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    They should just execute him.
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Game has seemed laggy and glitchy all day and now... it's down v.v

>}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    never mind the crash cart ... send some Klingon Honor Guard to avenge the Hamster!!!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I fear there is someone/somethem actually trying to do this on purpose.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    DDoSDick strikes again.... yeah that dude needs a life.
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I hate to think what its gonna be like over this anniv event
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    blame the neverwinter kids
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    what's new getting old very fast or second class service

Eh, it's MMOs. Even WoW couldn't go more than 3 months at a time without an incident. They mitigate it by having been able to afford to distribute servers to balance load far more, but it still happens. And they have 10 years of experience on a massive scale plus a budget that rivals the GDP of some mid-sized nations. It's annoying, and it always will be, and it's worth being annoyed about, but I don't know about calling into question the skill or commitment of the people making a game I otherwise enjoy.
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    With all those brains you would think they would target something more interesting than STO for DDos?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The main issue is that STO is not the main target, but is in the same server farm. Neverwinter is the target. We're just... collateral damage. Is there enough to file charges against the perp yet? I'm pretty sure laws are being violated. Even international if its the same guy as last time and the time before that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    In like Geordi before the thread lock.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    doesn't take brains to DDos, just running a few scripts someone else wrote
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    There's already a thread about this and some of the remarks against the person causing this are, frankly, uncalled for. While it certainly is an issue, it does not warrant death or other suggestions. That is not appropriate in the forums. This is a reminder.

/closed
This discussion has been closed.