test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FINALLY a Borg Lock-box!?

2»

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    If they give ponies then I want the knight armor so I can pretend i am on that shore leave planet and skewer anyone wearing a blue shirt. seriously, Krenim lockbox or terran lockbox. and the grand prize will be the temporal dread you see in the badlands
    Spock.jpg

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    [Inappropriate picture modded. I suggest you don't put it back again.]

If on the other hand you mean this...

969205284d2f6fd2830cd9c9b0b2990a.jpg

I'll pass...

>:)
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    How could you say no to all of that pink?
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    Hoping for my grand prize Tactical cube next week!

not going to happen

im still hoping on palyable borg cooperative faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No.
    1429664766917-90j9x.gif
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    borg lockbox arrives
    *opens first box - a tactical fusion cube!
    has 24 weapons hard points: 12 front and back, 1 rapid plasma launcher 1 dyson torp, 10 beams. three shield slots: all three are omega, borg and maco. two impulse engine slots: one for the borg tech another is for a excellent combat engine. two warp core slots, one is a transwarp coil with 15+ to all power 150% warp speed and is fused, resistance to drains of upto 75%, next is a typical warp core. one sensors slot. 10 engineering slots 10 tactical slots, 5 science slots.

boff layout: cmdr tactical/intel, cmdr tactical/command, lt tactical, ens tactical, lt cmdr science, ens science, cmdr engineering, lt cmdr engineering, lt engineering, 2 universal lt slots/command/intel 1 universal ens slot.

default base hull: 200k, fully upgraded 750k. shield strength: 20k, fully upgraded 125k. impulse modifiers of a tyical cruiser similar to the stock excel however it does not bank but rotates and moves.

it will swiss cheese anything in comes across without any effort and got enough firepower to destroy planets without much effort, it is also the size a small moon! just imagine the BFAW spam and torpedo spam, shields that can not be pierced or penetrated.

the day something like the aboves happen, it would be the end of sto for good.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    borg lockbox arrives
    has 24 weapons hard points: 12 front and back, 1 rapid plasma launcher 1 dyson torp, 10 beams. three shield slots: all three are omega, borg and maco. two impulse engine slots: one for the borg tech another is for a excellent combat engine. two warp core slots, one is a transwarp coil with 15+ to all power 150% warp speed and is fused, resistance to drains of upto 75%, next is a typical warp core. one sensors slot. 10 engineering slots 10 tactical slots, 5 science slots.

boff layout: cmdr tactical/intel, cmdr tactical/command, lt tactical, ens tactical, lt cmdr science, ens science, cmdr engineering, lt cmdr engineering, lt engineering, 2 universal lt slots/command/intel 1 universal ens slot.

default base hull: 200k, fully upgraded 750k. shield strength: 20k, fully upgraded 125k. impulse modifiers of a tyical cruiser similar to the stock excel however it does not bank but rotates and moves.

it will swiss cheese anything in comes across without any effort and got enough firepower to destroy planets without much effort, it is also the size a small moon! just imagine the BFAW spam and torpedo spam, shields that can not be pierced or penetrated.

"That is an entirely implausible chain of events."

- Tuvok
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    borg lockbox arrives

And i would probably only use it for storage. :expressionless:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    questerius wrote: »
    borg lockbox arrives

And i would probably only use it for storage. :expressionless:

Still worse than the Scimitar. :P
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I doubt I am entirely alone when I say that the day playable Borg ships appear in STO will be the day I log out, uninstall STO, and file my time on STO as 'a game I really enjoyed once'.

Previous years in STO, a number of players would joke about that. Things that are far-fetched and / or would worsen the game.

At launch, I remember us saying the day playable Borg Ships are enabled was when the game was preparing to be shut down. I also remember the huge surprise when Species 8472 Bioships became playable considering what they are.

Of the things that have come out over the last few years that honestly turned my stomach? None other than BOFF abilities going into the lockbox. LOL, when I told my friends who used to be STO players about that, they reacted with a mix of shock, horror, laughter.
    Them: "Did they really do that?"
    Me: "Yes, yes they did."
    :o
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING. A borg lockbox with a cube 2x as rare as the Vonph Dread. I mean you can tell yourself over and over its not going to happen but we all know it is. The question is.. how bad do you want it. Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!! Mwa ha ha ha ha.
  • crzymn45crzymn45 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    i can see t6 versions of the tal shiar adapted ships and variants of such. but not cubes spheres and probes.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I doubt I am entirely alone when I say that the day playable Borg ships appear in STO will be the day I log out, uninstall STO, and file my time on STO as 'a game I really enjoyed once'.

It would depend on how they handled the Borg lock box. Can't say I'd be thrilled to see playable cubes or tactical cubes.
    Borg probes or spheres.. maybe depending on how things were handled.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    crzymn45 wrote: »
    i can see t6 versions of the tal shiar adapted ships and variants of such. but not cubes spheres and probes.

This is something I would like to see. I love the T5 ships and the adapted dread is still one of my favorite ships in game and its still a good ship to play. Yeah, this would make me happy.
    edited January 2016
    borg lockbox arrives

Sounds a little to weak for me. Add in a few more tactical console slots and then I might and I say might spend a key or 2. Just too weak. Oh I see why, its only T25.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I want a unicorn!

Pssht! Unicorn?

Sphere??

Cube???

NEVER!

...only...

UNICRON
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited January 2016
    You claim a Tactical Cube! Comes with [Resistance is Futile Universal Console]!
    Equip only on Borg Cube, Borg Tactical Cube, Borg Diamond.

+100 All Resists
    + 25 All Subsystem Power Bonus
    + 50 All Subsystem Power Level Maximum
    Quadruples equipped Shield's Regeneration
    Zero Weapons Power Drain
    Projectiles not affected by shield resists
    Gain "Resistance is futile" voice-over emote

Enables
    - Weapons fired in Beam Overload or High Yield Torpedo 1 shots any target and never miss
    - Weapons fired in Beam Fire At Will or Torpedo Spread
    Resist debuff on targets with -100 per shot that hits
    25% chance of shutting down a random subsystem for 20 seconds per shot that hits
    - Tractor Beam becomes a toggle ability
    - Assimilated Tractor Beam becomes a toggle ability
    - Kinetic Cutting Beam 1 shots any target hit through a collapsed shield facing
    - Improved Tachyon Beam
    Doubles the benefit of Flow Capacitors when using Tachyon Beam
    25% chance of shutting down a random subsystem for 20 seconds every 4 seconds this ability is active
    Tachyon Beam becomes a toggle ability
    - Boarding Party is improved to Borg Assimilation Assault
    BAA is beamed onto the target and not via shuttles
    Each BAA team sent removes 200 crew per second on the target
    Tactical Team can clear BAA
    BAA clears Tactical Team buff on target when BAA is used
    Once the target has gone down to 0 crew, the ship is assimilated and fights for the Borg player as a "Hangar Pet."

I am down for Playable Borg under the condition you play as the villanous Borg, the "Monsters of Wolf 359" that destroy and assimilate, and NOT the Pansified version.

Playable Borg can roam Sector Space to engage and attack players. Other players can attempt to join into the match, whether they are Fed, KDF, Rom. Other Borg players can join.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    I want a playable Adapted Dyson Sphere! With five hangar bays that can launch Elite Borg Unimatrix Command Ship, and Elite Tactical Cube that can combine into a Tactical Fusion Cube as big as planets!

And each launchable Cube has its own launchable Sphere that'll give science support and/or jump back in time to delete enemies in the past.
    edited January 2016
    Delete!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    i want a Doctor Who Lockbox where the base prize Dalek BOFF or Cyberman BOFF and the Grand-Prize is a T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Post edited by djmarr1964 on
    The True King In The North
  • tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User

It is time for the Borg to reemerge as the villains of the Galaxy, and at the same time give us players cool new Borg goodies! If you decide to quit because the Borg ships are playable you should have jumped ship a long time ago! We have Tholian, Cardassian, Breen, Jem Hadar, Voth, Iconian, Kazon, Hirogen, Undine, Elachi, Krenim, and you want to quit with the Borg?

In the game the Harold ships are as big as a playable cube would be so its not a size concern on screen. It can't be OP if the devs base it off current playable ships (WHICH THEY WOULD!)

Bring them back as the badasses of the galaxy and let us take their stuff when we beat them down!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Do they have one horn? Then no.
    Nah, they'll just be bugged so you couldn't parts swap their horn on to the pony skin.