test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everybody Brace Yourselves....

alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
That DDOS guy just announced on Twitter that he was starting his attacks again, and sure enough I just started getting huge lag/rubberband spikes. I honestly feel like this is cyber-terrorism, but I guess all we can do is wait it out.....

EDIT 1: I am now frozen in sector space, when I should be going at maximum warp... So much for getting some dilithium grinding done this afternoon....

EDIT 2: I logged off for now, at least until the guy gets bored and calls it quits. Hopefully this guy will be caught and given a hefty fine and some jail time.

Comments

• e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Yeah I just got booted off the game and couldn't log back in....
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The more stuff out there about this dude, the more attention he gets. At his base, he's a troll, so...

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!

Dang, the report post button is hidden of screen when on mobile. Anyone?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Welp... Oh the joy...

Ima go eat something then... Maybe some cereal.

Nom nom nom
    6tviTDx.png

• sorrin7sorrin7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I logged out, the rubber banding was really bad. This may be a stupid question but if the guy has a Twitter account why doesn't the FBI just arrest him? I assume he does it through several alias's or something?
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Thing is, he's not even attacking STO. He's mad at NWO for whatever reason, but PWE keeps all their games on one server box, so you attack one, you get all of them.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!

QFT.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • athena62056athena62056 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    would be nice if someone could feed him a feedback spike and fry his motherboard and hard drives
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    sorrin7 wrote: »
    I logged out, the rubber banding was really bad. This may be a stupid question but if the guy has a Twitter account why doesn't the FBI just arrest him? I assume he does it through several alias's or something?
    I honestly have no idea. This same guy started these attacks back in September/October of last year, and its been a recurring thing ever since. He took about a month's break in December but I guess his New Year's resolution didn't involve being kinder to others....

• ravil68ravil68 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Why dont they find this little brat and throw him in jail. As far as I know, this sort of thing is punishable, is it not?
  • yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yup. was mining and just came back without my eva suit...[gag]
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    How about a feedback pulse?
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! At least I got my critical admiralties in before this jerk started. Still a bummer though.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I like the feed back pulse idea. Can we attach a few thousand volts and return to sender please?
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Better yet, string em up and throw cannibal tribbles at him. Theyre hungry devils
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    How many times has he done this now ?. Once is enough, It is an attack on PWE and it does constitute to Cyber Terrorism. Whether he can be traced or not he is breaking the law in doing this and i sincerely hope PWE have passed whatever details they have onto the proper authorities to take action, and once caught regardless of his age, PWE should take the strongest possible legal action against him, set an example so others think twice.

i think with the feedback pulse you're looking for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zQao8JWzk
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    There is an offical thread for the connection issues that can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210706/sto-holodeck-connection-issues

Closing this one!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Nope, no feeding of the trolls. Bad. Bad. The STO team is aware of the issue, as seen In this topic
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.