test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Event!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We’re proud to announce Star Trek Online will be celebrating our 6th anniversary with a brand new Anniversary Event!

We plan on partying in style and have tons of exciting new content in store for you.

~Morrigan

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Not even a hint of what ship we're getting? Awwwww.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    echatty wrote: »
    With the Anniversary Event, you’ll be able to enjoy brand new rewards! Captains will earn tons of awesome items such as upgrade kits, episode rewards, and even an all-new Tier 6 Krenim Science Vessel! Take command of Krenim technology and harness time-itself with our Anniversary Ship. Stay tuned as we release more blogs showing off the Krenim ship!
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    With the Anniversary Event, you’ll be able to enjoy brand new rewards! Captains will earn tons of awesome items such as upgrade kits, episode rewards, and even an all-new Tier 6 Krenim Science Vessel! Take command of Krenim technology and harness time-itself with our Anniversary Ship. Stay tuned as we release more blogs showing off the Krenim ship!

• maddmikey#2868 maddmikey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sounds like now is an excellent time to come back to STO! :D
    MaddMikey#2868
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    So does Jan 28th mark the time of the ship/mission event, or the time of the Omega Mark event? I only care about the Omega Marks.

*Edit: Omega Particle, not marks.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User

Krenim Science Ship I forgot its name.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

and even an all-new Tier 6 Krenim Science Vessel!
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    So... buyback event on last years stuff, and new 'collectable' for this years ship?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Ooo....a true science ship, verrryyyyy nice!

And the giveaway is always very much appreciated, even if I already own things the thought is very nice.

Plus the omega event is a good chance to earn some really useful goodies
    SulMatuul.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Wish: Make party poppers usable from inventory (like non-combat pets), please. Since it is now impossible to equip all 5 (soon 6) at once.
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Was that bug fixed that made it so we had to take that mission to get to the particles ever get fixed?
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Before anything else: WOOOHOOOO! Finally an event sci ship. Hopefully it won't suck, but the event ships are generally at least decent.

Now, last years event ship was the Kobali cruiser, which was our first taste of the command spec. This year, we're getting a Krenim science ship, how unreasonable is it to hope a temporal mechanic spec is on the way?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I was hoping for a faction specific ship for at least the Klingon and Federation forces. I really wish PWE would stop taking the easy way out with these cross=factions ships for events. There are a ton of ships we still don't have in STO and even more we don't have T6 variants of. Thumbs up for the pre-anniversary giveaway though.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I hope the Krenim Sci ship has an excellent Admiralty Sci score... sorely needed KDF and Rom side.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I wonder what Tibetan/Buddhist implement the Sci vessel will look like...
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

That's my only concern with the event. Omega and free stuff yes please, fugly purple thing like the Annorax no thanks. Can stand to be pleasantly surprised, although at worst it's another Admiralty ship and maybe a nice new trait for my sci guys and gals so I'll be happy to pick one up for that anyhow.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I heard a rumor that the first free unlock will be the T1 Light Cruiser ;p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »

That's my only concern with the event. Omega and free stuff yes please, fugly purple thing like the Annorax no thanks. Can stand to be pleasantly surprised, although at worst it's another Admiralty ship and maybe a nice new trait for my sci guys and gals so I'll be happy to pick one up for that anyhow.

Even if it is an Annorax, I'd be happy to have a free science ship for my sci captain and for my main's massive admiralty ship roster.

Lookin forward to the freebies and the new episode, even if it is all aboot timey-wimey cold war stuff. ;)
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Free stuff = win for everybody!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    im on the fence until more information is given out. free sci ship aside, what drew my interest the most is the "brand new anniversary event!" which suggests the old system has been scrapped for a new one.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • cbiz1983cbiz1983 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    ermagherd. New cross-faction science ship and a trip to see the signing of the temporal accords? @plaughingtrendy I may have just squee'd outloud. Super excited!
    Post edited by cbiz1983 on
    45bEibx.jpg
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Oh, so the Omega thingy is not the one we need to do for Anniversary tokens ? Good. :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    irm1963 wrote: »
    Even if it is an Annorax, I'd be happy to have a free science ship for my sci captain and for my main's massive admiralty ship roster.

Lookin forward to the freebies and the new episode, even if it is all aboot timey-wimey cold war stuff. ;)
    harness time-itself with our Anniversary Ship.
    Timey-wimey indeed... :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    So do we have to wait 'til the 28th to start farming omega? cuz thats torture
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Okay, thanks for all the responses. A Krenim sci ship, just what I was hoping for. Will make it worth the grind
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I am hopeful for this event as it seems more like the ones we used to have. Maybe we get the ship as part of the FE as we certainly cant use our own ship to travel to the 28th Century can we now? So do the FE a few times over a few weeks building a set and then we get the ship maybe?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I like the idea of a science ship. This may get my Sci character off the back burner. Since my Science options at this time is limited. I need to see what they offer first.

I will try for some of the Omega stuff, but I won't get a lot of it. Since I'm more likely being caught up in the ship grind. And can't get the Omega stuff each day. I just hope I can do the ship daily within my morning time limits to play.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    New science ship is good (really, really trying not to do something insane like save up for the temp sci ship, so this will still the urge)

Now can we get the Samsar in the Lobi store since the console's part of a zen-store set? :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!