test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Chance Lockbox Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
It's that time again! The time when one lockbox goes away soon, only to be replaced by a newer lockbox who's content will not be posted until after this event ends! Mystery! Suspense! Bans for anyone who posts unreleased content! It's like the first rule of Fight Club, folks.

Last Chance Lockbox Event begins this Thursday!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    oohh.... Doom incoming in 1 week! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Good... my inventory and bank are filled with stuff from the Herald boxes I've opened. And right now it's not worth it to sell most of it.

I hope the next lockbox won't contain more universal kit modules btw. Access to different kit powers on the ground is the main reason I have characters of different careers :)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Any chance you can add lockboxes to the normal loot tables, so they can be deleted in the recycle bin?

Getting really tedious to have to right click on the boxes to delete them, especially every time this not so last chance event comes around...

Failing that, can we have an option to turn them off from dropping? I won't ever open any of them, no matter how many you try and stuff into my inventory.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Fifteen different kinds of the things. Can you at least increase the stack size, say from 20 to 50, so they don't take up quite so much room? (Deleting them or selling them on the exchange is a chore. Actually opening them is a mug's game, and while I am occasionally a mug, it's not often enough to make a dent in the piles.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Any chance you can add lockboxes to the normal loot tables, so they can be deleted in the recycle bin?

Getting really tedious to have to right click on the boxes to delete them, especially every time this not so last chance event comes around...

Failing that, can we have an option to turn them off from dropping? I won't ever open any of them, no matter how many you try and stuff into my inventory.

why not just horde them and sell on the exchange?

• mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    ToS lockbox plz, with a kirk's wig costume item.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Yes, please...
    Increase the individual item count on Lockboxes per Single Inventory/Bank Space from 20 to 50 or 99.

Thank You.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Lockbox stacking should be increased to 999 like R&D mats so that we can save on Bank and Inventory space.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yes to the stack
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• velrennvelrenn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This:
    We understand that, as a Free-to-Play game, some players may have only recently started playing Star Trek Online. This means that they may have missed out on many limited-time features that are no longer available for acquisition. In order to offer these players the opportunity to experience everything that the game has to offer, we plan to periodically run promotional events that will bring back these retired features. Our hope is that both newer players, and returning players that are leveling up new characters, will be able to take advantage of these promotions to get their hands on rewards that would otherwise be unobtainable.

Seems to contradict this:
    Why are you retiring the Risian Lohlunat Pearls?

We want to maintain the exclusivity and collectability of the event ships from the Summer Event each year, and in order to do that we will be retiring the existing Risian Lohlunat Pearls. When the 2015 Summer Event begins, an entirely new currency will be needed to acquire the event starship. This will be the process going forward – a new item to be collected each year.

Can I slot a new project for a Risian Corvette or Risian Luxury Cruiser?

No. These ships are being retired with the start of the 2015 Lohlunat Festival.

I understand (and appreciate) that you went to the trouble of removing the need to run the seasonal events on multiple toons and even added a tab to the event store through which players can reclaim previous reward ships with newly created toons (which is really neat).

But, since new players are still locked out, it actually feels like a halfway (and half-hearted) compromise between the underlying philosophies of the first quote (inclusiveness) and the second one (exclusivity).

Because exclusivity means exactly that: excluding people that don't meet certain arbitrary criteria.

Edit: Also, I give two thumbs up (and a couple of toes) to the raising the stack idea. :)
    IDIC is the spice of life.
    edited January 2016
    velrenn wrote: »
    This:
    We understand that, as a Free-to-Play game, some players may have only recently started playing Star Trek Online. This means that they may have missed out on many limited-time features that are no longer available for acquisition. In order to offer these players the opportunity to experience everything that the game has to offer, we plan to periodically run promotional events that will bring back these retired features. Our hope is that both newer players, and returning players that are leveling up new characters, will be able to take advantage of these promotions to get their hands on rewards that would otherwise be unobtainable.

We want to maintain the exclusivity and collectability of the event ships from the Summer Event each year, and in order to do that we will be retiring the existing Risian Lohlunat Pearls. When the 2015 Summer Event begins, an entirely new currency will be needed to acquire the event starship. This will be the process going forward – a new item to be collected each year.

I understand (and appreciate) that you went to the trouble of removing the need to run the seasonal events on multiple toons and even added a tab to the event store through which players can reclaim previous reward ships with newly created toons (which is really neat).

But, since new players are still locked out, it actually feels like a halfway (and half-hearted) compromise between the underlying philosophies of the first quote (inclusiveness) and the second one (exclusivity).

Because exclusivity means exactly that: excluding people that don't meet certain arbitrary criteria.

Heh...
    Grew up on my summer vacations from school at my Grandparents farm and was warned...

Never...,. EVER, poke the sleeping bull.

(Grandma warned me several times, but I'm a glutton for punishment)

Man, I also didn't realize how fast a bull could run!

<chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    So, Terran Empire Lockbox incoming? >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    Yes, please...
    Increase the individual item count on Lockboxes per Single Inventory/Bank Space from 20 to 50 or 99.

Thank You.
    B)

This would be good, along with the ability to delete them from the replicator!
    This:

Edit: Also, I give two thumbs up (and a couple of toes) to the raising the stack idea. :)

Cryptic is, well, cryptic. Consistency isn't their strong point.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    This:

Good catch there, but I suspect that the lockboxes simply make them a metric tonne of money so they are happy to keep throwing them out there every few months and still let us get the old ones too.
    Whereas there's probably only a tiny minority that miss the event ships or would actually make use of them.

That said though, I fail to see how just adding an already existing item to a store somewhere would break the game, even if it made them a few dolars compared to the fortune people pay for keys it's still money in their pocket.
    SulMatuul.png
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Question from a newbie player, does this mean that the 3 rows of lockbox I have on my bank will disappear?
    IInLzhi.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Question from a newbie player, does this mean that the 3 rows of lockbox I have on my bank will disappear?

no, they will stay
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Things I'd like to see LESS of in Lockboxes:

1. Kits. Modules are useful, the kits, not so much.
    2. R&D Catalysts. Leave these to R&D packs.
    3. Bonus pool doodads. They're handy, but have too high a frequency of dropping and eventually there's no use for them.

Things I'd LIKE to see:

1. Epic mining claim packs.
    2. Higher amounts of lobi.
    3. Higher chances of ship drops.
    4. Epic Bridge Officers of whatever race the new lockbox represents, with choice of gender. Have them capable of using faction uniforms (so joining a fed crew gives it fed uniform options, joining a romulan crew gives it romulan uniform options and kdf would get kdf).
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    I agree with Sov. I might actually buy some keys if there was a chance of getting some good stuff (and I don't mean 1 in 1,000,000 chance)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    This:

Hehe was thinking same thing...

I too agree with Sov about better drops the themed BOFFs is a great idea but BOFF slots aren't super cheap hehe...perhaps have rare chance to get services and other things in the c-store already (Boff slot box etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good, last round about killed my EC. This one was the most expensive on my buying of items. I'm looking forward to see what the next one will bring.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    They should increase the lobi slightly, seeing as lobi ships now cost more for the actual useful ones.
    I don't like the new tactic they use of having 2 lockbox ships, with one rare than the other. As if one lockbox ship wasn't bad enough along with the additional R+D event super rares, now we have super rares all the time.....
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    So does that mean that if I say "we are getting a new lockbox soon" -which hasn't been released- does that mean I'll get banned? °0°

Can't wait too see what it is tho XD

Squeeee
    6tviTDx.png

• mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Noticed you can't aquire the xindi terrestrial box with this event?
  • yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    A whole room full of boxes and not one to be opened in the near future. Opened dozens already and won R&D, kits and pools. woowoo...

Make them awarded less and fill them with more exotic materials. You will get more people to spend for them and also more to trade on the exchange. It will improve their value and become a "key" part of the game commerce . Right now they are just confetti filling up ones bank slots only being readied for mass deletion. Almost as bad as a tribble infestation.
    edited January 2016
    yohan#3393 wrote: »
    A whole room full of boxes and not one to be opened in the near future. Opened dozens already and won R&D, kits and pools. woowoo...

Make them awarded less and fill them with more exotic materials. You will get more people to spend for them and also more to trade on the exchange. It will improve their value and become a "key" part of the game commerce . Right now they are just confetti filling up ones bank slots only being readied for mass deletion. Almost as bad as a tribble infestation.
    Never mind...
    I'm not awake yet and my reading comprehension skills are suffering for it.
    ;)

• cayozzcayozz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I see people posting that they don't even want their boxes, sheesh... If you don't want them, feel free to mail them to me folks... Crunch@cayozz.com

Thanx! :)
  • aeternusdoleoaeternusdoleo Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Want to buy: Cannibal lockbox? ;)
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Ex-PWI player (Dawnglory): Ulsyr (BM 104/104/103)
    Now on STO. More fun there.