test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This will not be popular

As the title says this will not be popular to say but I am going to say it anyways. Despite the fact that it will do no good. Consider this feedback but venting at the same time. (( spoiler alert))

The Iconian war, all of it made some sort of sense except the last two episodes, and to be blunt the one before the last was an insult to the player base at best. At worst it was an attempt by the devs to give the player base the middle finger. Which I do not know as I am not their when they make these episodes. In the end I can only go by how I felt. The timeline shifts in the one before the last and you attempt to restore Romulus but supposedly you fail because the transwarp hub was not destroyed in this timeline. The act would not have stopped voyager from destroying that network so it made little sense to me. Also there is no proof anywhere that the Borg are confined mainly in the Delta quadrant or that they only had one transwarp hub. Remember in TNG it is made abundantly clear that the Borg are all over the galaxy and beyond the Known quadrants, which leads me to another piece of feedback. Stop trying to put a boundary on the final frontier. Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Gamma are known quadrants, but their is nothing in the lore to suggest they are all that is space. So to me the whole chain felt wrong more over considering the number of Romulan players from the beginning that wanted the Romulan Star Empire, this episode was a false hope, and a slap in the face at the same time.
Essentially this episode was political correctness at its worse.

The last episode again holding out the options, as if we had a choice, and choice you made would have resulted in the same last final cutscene. So why the pretense? A rogue Iconian on the lose? Great same old same old to look forward to.

My last piece of feedback. Even star wars the old republic has fallen to political correctness, with the Jedi and Sith now allies. Now it seems sto is following suit. Lastly these games these worlds are fantasy at best, and why game developers feel they need to adhere to political correctness is beyond me as it always essentially ruins the game. If you are unsure of what I am talking about I am talking about the part of enemies are not really enemies but they can be your allies and friends. Or the Empires are evil you must rebel, which in of itself is absurd given what we are seeing right now in the states. Due to forum rules I am not allowed to go into more details on that front. I looked at the two new episodes, Unless I see something that interest me further down the line, I will be skipping them. Klingons as explorers BAH!

Comments

• gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    I understand what you are saying, and do not get me wrong. This is not a do this or I quit thread. This is a please stop with the political correctness and focus on what is star trek. It just feels utterly wrong to me, but as always that is just one opinion.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    First off, as to the "rogue" Iconian - she was written to explain the continued existence of the appropriate queue(s) and reputation.

Secondly, STO can't exactly have multiple storylines based on player input. How could I, say, "slay" Sela, yet you keep her around to re-create the Romulan Star Empire and Fred keeps her as a political prisoner and then the three of us interact within the same world?

Thirdly, even Everquest with it's "actual good / evil storyarcs" doesn't exactly go all-out with two whole different scenerios, it's more the "good guys take the high road to get rid of big evil X" while the bad guys "fight dirty to get rid of big evil X that threatens their place in the hierarchy of evil"...

So the KDF has decided to go "exploring" again - which has been vaguely interpreted as "exploiting" just without the highly overt gunboat diplomacy...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    So the KDF has decided to go "exploring" again - which has been vaguely interpreted as "exploiting" just without the highly overt gunboat diplomacy...
    Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    The false choice regarding Midnight episode? I don't even know why they bother. If there's going to be no option to bottle the Iconians in their doomed planet, then half the episode don't make a lick of sense.

Jedi and Sith? Allies? Has someone balanced the force well enough to allow this to happen? Klingons and Feds being allies is perfectly reasonable. Klingons are nowhere near the force for evil that the Sith lords are.

You don't need to worry about Klingons being explorers. The missions are now primarily Temporal Cold War business, one of those that I don't like all too much.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    The Klingons over time have been "fleshed out" to the point where they're no longer considered mindless war mongers. Some among them yearn for the old days, "ST-TNG - Heart of Glory", but they realize as a people that that is not where true honor is found. I would honestly like to see in a Trek episode, for example, a Federation ship getting attacked by a Borg Cube and suddenly three Klingon ships decloak and come to their aid. The honorable thing to do would be to help an ally who is in trouble. But old habits die hard sometimes.

As far as it being ludicrous that Klingons would or could be explorers...I think the thing to think about is what is the exploration for? All the civilized races need raw materials for their own uses. How do you find rich deposits of these materials without exploring? Klingons are an advanced race of people with very high technology. Their explorers must be very good at what they do. They couldn't have advanced as far as they have by living in a vacuum.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    The Klingons over time have been "fleshed out" to the point where they're no longer considered mindless war mongers. Some among them yearn for the old days, "ST-TNG - Heart of Glory", but they realize as a people that that is not where true honor is found. I would honestly like to see in a Trek episode, for example, a Federation ship getting attacked by a Borg Cube and suddenly three Klingon ships decloak and come to their aid. The honorable thing to do would be to help an ally who is in trouble. But old habits die hard sometimes.

As far as it being ludicrous that Klingons would or could be explorers...I think the thing to think about is what is the exploration for? All the civilized races need raw materials for their own uses. How do you find rich deposits of these materials without exploring? Klingons are an advanced race of people with very high technology. Their explorers must be very good at what they do. They couldn't have advanced as far as they have by living in a vacuum.

A real good point! :) Unfortunately it's one likely to be omitted by the Fed-snobs preferring to thing that Klingons are too stupid for exploration. :|
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User

Speaking of which I remember in the best of both worlds that Admiral Hanson mentioned the Klingon Empire was sending reinforcements to aid the Federation against the Borg cube but......where did they disappear to,I saw no Klingon wreckage at Wolf 359

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Sneeze on ya, do you not get flat foreheads?

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »

Speaking of which I remember in the best of both worlds that Admiral Hanson mentioned the Klingon Empire was sending reinforcements to aid the Federation against the Borg cube but......where did they disappear to,I saw no Klingon wreckage at Wolf 359

It's likely that they didn't arrive in time to contribute. I'd imagine that afterwards, when Starfleet were down a few ships and personnel, that the KDF might have aided the Federation with patrols and such along their borders, as I'm sure that would fall within the purview of the Treaty of Alliance.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I just wish I could play it. There is some kind of bug where I have lost command of all of my ships except a lowly shuttle. I guess this is what I get for checking this out. May they survive another year I will not know don't plan on returning after this.