test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Longer Earning Specialization Points

vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
I have a FED lvl60 Science toon that has completed all the spec trees, and has 10 additional unused points. I noticed today that even after earning enough points (as indicated on the progress bar at the top of the screen) I do not earn another point. Is this a bug; is it working as intended (you can only get an extra 10 after completing all trees???); anybody else experiencing this?

Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium

Comments

• tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I think two of my toons stopped at 6 after maxing them out. Wish they would go higher just in case a new Spec system comes out. I've missed so many I've lost count.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    After you finish off the 4 spec trees, you stop earning spec points. From what I've been told, that's working as intended. However, you can still earn spec points through admiralty, featured episode weekly rewards and spec point promos (like when they do giveaways).
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    This comes up relatively often. Here's the TL;DR:

Specialization points from XP are capped at the number to fill your trees.
    Each time you fill the XP mark past that you get 2880 dil.
    Points that come in a box, via admiralty 10/10, FE's, or the like, don't count towards that cap.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Thanks for the info everybody.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium