test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map Fixes and Rep Fixes.

age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
The map is slighlty wrong when it come to loactions of Nimbus 3 as it in the Neutral Zone of the Federation,Klingon and Romulan Space Star Trek 5.The Mutara Nebula is in the wrong place as well.It is in Federation Space as seen in the Wrath of Kahn ST2.

Please can you add Withering phasers to the Terran Rep. system ground and space.I ma going back on my Fed ships back to phasers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I think the map was done about it making it easy to get to rather than in the right places (I don't think Vega is where it's meant to be for example)

As for the Terran Task Force reputation I highly doubt they will as the story revolving around that rep is the Klingon Empire supplying to it's allies weaponry they created to combat the Federation (hence the Disruptor weaponry and Phaser protection)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    As Comrademoco has pointed out, Nimbus is where it is because the source (Star Trek Star Charts) that the devs are using to place map locations says that's where it is. The same generalization also applies for the Mutara Nebula, except that if you go to the link provided it mentions why this is so.

Lastly, the Terran Task Force was initially developed to be against the Federation, but has since been developed for the Terran Empire instead now that the Alliance has been reestablished.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    The map is easy not for the Klingons and btw Nimbis 3 is in Romulan Etar Empire space which the Tall Shiar has all rights to use.HaaKev can do what he wants.It all honestly it would take months to get there at max warp.what the devs are thinking about is the Great Barrier not Nimbus 3 which sould be closer to Klingon space.

The Mutara Nebula is in Fed space not Klingon space.

In the STF Mirror Univ it shows them using phasers not disruptors.So there is an Alliance what does that change.I would even use these disruptors on my Kdf chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    age03 wrote: »
    The map is easy not for the Klingons and btw Nimbis 3 is in Romulan Etar Empire space which the Tall Shiar has all rights to use.HaaKev can do what he wants.It all honestly it would take months to get there at max warp.what the devs are thinking about is the Great Barrier not Nimbus 3 which sould be closer to Klingon space.

The Mutara Nebula is in Fed space not Klingon space.

In the STF Mirror Univ it shows them using phasers not disruptors.So there is an Alliance what does that change.I would even use these disruptors on my Kdf chars.

Mutara Nebula is where it is because they didn't want to move it beyond the point of the playable space in game. If you think its hard to get to Nimbus right now, imagine how far you'd have to go to get to Mutara Nebula.

Nimbus being in Romulan space doesn't really make much of a difference. If you've been following the story, Hakeev is no longer any worry and the Romulan Star Empire is in shambles.

The Terrans do use Phasers, but the Terran Taskforce Reputation (and all Reputations in general) aren't about giving access to the types of weapons that the enemy is using. It's more about developing ways to counter the enemies and since House Pegh has been said to have developed these weapons in the past against the Federation, they decided to adapt them to combating the Terrans instead with these. Hence why it's Disruptors. If you want Phasers, you're stuck with either the Biomolecular Phasers from 8472 Counter Command or regular phasers.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png