Unable to connect to login sever ?

I'm in the Boston area, ISP Comcast.

Misery loves company. :D
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• kmfrye2001kmfrye2001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yes - same, same.
  • iscalpu4fun321iscalpu4fun321 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same here, alot since last update for me. bout 3-6 times per hr. not fun.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have been stuck on the Loading screen for 10 minutes....

I'm gonna give it another 10 minutes, then I am going to launch Fallout 4.
  • chardzzchardzz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    yup, was loading patrol region map, could not connect to server for two minutes, i ended game, have been trying to log on since then. Launcher is stuck at finding/verifying STO version, patch button remains grey

Edit: Belgium area
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I guarantee it's the game servers. Everything else on my internet is running fine, speed-tests, etc. It took me 10 minutes to log in, and I'm getting rubber-banding like crazy. Even after I got on, I wasn't able to use chat or open menus collect doff rewards for a full 5 minutes. I can't say for certain if it's the Voth BZ or not. This is completely unacceptable, especially for an event weekend. I had 4 more hours set to play this morning--and I won't be doing any of it...thanks to the unplayable server lag. And being a recent Lifetime subscriber, that just is even MORE irritating.
    edited January 2016
    Oh, and let me say THANKS for getting disconnected about 15s after Vrex spawn, only to get back into the game in another zone that is at 0%. Seriously, how does the person responsible for running these servers...still have a job?
    20 Mbps down, 54ms ping. and I cannot keep connected--even when I do, extreme rubber banding. The only time I see problems like this is when someone is hosting a game on their PC, and downloading stuff in the background. Is cryptic trying to download the entire internet?
    Diff toon logged into ESD, and I'm not having the same issues. So I'm going to chalk this up as either deliberate server-underpowering of Sphere, some undiagnosed problem with the game coding, or similar. Seriously, 5m just to access player menus. This goes WAY beyond rubber banding.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yep, last few days have been more laggily annoying in STO than the past few weeks.

UI lag, Power related lag, SNR, DCs and not being returned to action maps after DCs are best features of this product in addition to game crashes while loading social space maps.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Now it's ESD too. wow. I was just trying to do admiralty on my alts, and I can't even do that. :(
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I guarantee it's the game servers.

Not so fast, kemo sabe.

If it happened between 3:00P-3:15P on Sunday, US Eastern Time, it's probably scheduled maintenance on a router or switch. Every Sunday between those times I get disconnected and can't get on until at least 4PM. It isn't BrightHouse, it isn't Level 3, and it very likely isn't the game servers. It's more than likely something going on inside Cogent that they won't own up to. Cryptic was very interested in my traces because nothing appeared to be wrong on their end. One thing I've noted during the traces is that the name of the patch server changes for a while during the down time--which leads me to think that packets are being re-routed during that time and something isn't working as expected.

[ Time passes, research ensues... ]

Hmm. There's no Cogent link in the list. It's mostly Telia now, and a private network access point inside Perfect World. I guess the contracts got changed, finally. The trace from this goes from Florida to Africa, to the UK, to Missouri, to California. Atlanta is in there somewhere, too.

Either that, or the geolocation website I'm using is full of pony loaf.
    Post edited by jbmonroe on
    boldly-watched.png
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    There are 2 threads in announcements about disconnects and long loading times.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Can't wait for the omega particle event cause I'm sure that won't make all the lag even worse.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Had this since Friday. At first I thought it was due to the end of QWW and/or the dil weekend, but as that have ended and I'm still seeing more lag, SNRs and disconnects than I have since launch of S11 it has to be something else.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.