test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who would have thunk it ?!?!?!?!

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
Logged on today, first time in over a month. steam had thier holiday sale and I bought like 10 games for less than 30 bucks. Skyrim and KOTOR 2 the sith lords was part of those, so yeah I've been busy. Anyways after all this time gone the Galaxy and Odyssey are still the best looking ships in the game followed by all the other cannon ships. Albeit there are a small handfull lockbox ships that are ok but the cannon ships win handsdown. Who would have thunk it, right?

P.S. Please remember I mention nothing of ship stats, that would obviously go to the eclipse and arbiter crusiers. As for looks though after being away for awhile and then warping into ESD. The first thing I see is the glory of a Galaxy and Odyssey stationed there. It was just beautiful.
Post edited by hyefather on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Logged on today, first time in over a month. steam had thier holiday sale and I bought like 10 games for less than 30 bucks. Skyrim and KOTOR 2 the sith lords was part of those, so yeah I've been busy. Anyways after all this time gone the Galaxy and Odyssey are still the best looking ships in the game followed by all the other cannon ships. Albeit there are a small handfull lockbox ships that are ok but the cannon ships win handsdown. Who would have thunk it, right?

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I could never get myself to fly the Odyssey. The BOFF and Console layouts were good for its time. It's handling was just fine for what it was meant to do. It's a solid ship. But I would never fly it because of how it looks and the very silly weapon hardpoints on it. The fact that I've flown some horrendous looking ships that were saved due to great stats and that I refuse to fly the Odyssey because of how it looks, to me, means a lot about how bad the Odyssey is in my eyes B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User

I could never get myself to fly the Odyssey. The BOFF and Console layouts were good for its time. It's handling was just fine for what it was meant to do. It's a solid ship. But I would never fly it because of how it looks and the very silly weapon hardpoints on it. The fact that I've flown some horrendous looking ships that were saved due to great stats and that I refuse to fly the Odyssey because of how it looks, to me, means a lot about how bad the Odyssey is in my eyes B)

Ouch. That hurts mate, I happen to be very fond of my oddy. She's my space whale. And she can hit like an asteroid and soak it up like a sponge. Lol, I should rename my Oddy the USS Ouch Sponge.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Ouch. That hurts mate, I happen to be very fond of my oddy. She's my space whale. And she can hit like an asteroid and soak it up like a sponge. Lol, I should rename my Oddy the USS Ouch Sponge.

I've had my Romulans fly the Non-Canon Romulan TRIBBLE Ships because of their fabulous BOFF/ Console layouts, general stats. Ha'feh, Ha'nom, Ha'apax, etc. But I refuse to fly the Odyssey because of how it looks :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    I've had my Romulans fly the Non-Canon Romulan TRIBBLE Ships because of their fabulous BOFF/ Console layouts, general stats. Ha'feh, Ha'nom, Ha'apax, etc. But I refuse to fly the Odyssey because of how it looks :D

I don't even know how to respond to an insult like that.

*throws in towel*

Can't compete mate, can't compete.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited January 2016

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E57W4PZ94i4

Odyssey is is the best looking ship in the game. I'm tempted to abandon my Eclipse and go back to it.

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The Odyssey is a miserable failure of a design, a pathetic whale of a ship so horrendously ugly and in fact evolutionary backwards from other starfleet designs that it's absolutely astonishing it made it into the game at all.

-Modded-
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    The Odyssey is a miserable failure of a design, a pathetic whale of a ship so horrendously ugly and in fact evolutionary backwards from other starfleet designs that it's absolutely astonishing it made it into the game at all.

The worst part is some blind moron thought it would be a great new enterprise even picking it over more popular and better looking designs. So we are forever stuck with that hideous monstrocity as it has now been canonized.

Why don't you just go ahead and tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back now.

• Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User

The worst part is some blind moron thought it would be a great new enterprise even picking it over more popular and better looking designs. So we are forever stuck with that hideous monstrocity as it has now been canonized.

Why don't you just go ahead and tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back now.

My Ody draws strength from his hate.
  • Options

Odyssey is is the best looking ship in the game. I'm tempted to abandon my Eclipse and go back to it.

In a TAC Cruiser capacity, the Eclipse simply torches every other Fed Cruiser out there. The only thing that comes close is the T6 Avenger, which itself is one mean, customer. Incidentally, I'm not fond of how both ships look, but have flown them because they are monstrous killers >:)

In terms of statistics, for me, it would be a step backwards in performance to go back to an Odyssey after having flown Eclipse or T6 Avenger. And in terms of aesthetics, again, in my eyes, Odyssey is not a positive step ;)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

"I didn't mean to say the Odyssey should be hauling garbage . . . ."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrzdKzQTf8
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    In a TAC Cruiser capacity, the Eclipse simply torches every other Fed Cruiser out there. The only thing that comes close is the T6 Avenger, which itself is one mean, customer. Incidentally, I'm not fond of how both ships look, but have flown them because they are monstrous killers >:)

Try kitbashing the Avenger's saucer and nacelles with the Arbiter's deflector and secondary hull.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    tinyfisted wrote: »

Try kitbashing the Avenger's saucer and nacelles with the Arbiter's deflector and secondary hull.

That's what I did. It actually looks really good to me. It still has a "future" cryptic design, but not so squatty looking as the original Avenger or bulbous as the Arbiter.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    "Thunk" is not a verb that describes anything related to a sentient/cognizant mind.

"Thunk" is an onomatopoeia. An onomatopoeia is a word that phonetically imitates, resembles or suggests the source of the sound that it describes. Onomatopoeia (as an uncountable noun) refers to the property of such words.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia and then have a peek at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_onomatopoeias#Sounds_in_fiction because we all love Herr Nightcrawler' signature 'BAMF' onomatopoeia!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Nothing beats the Annorax in my opinion and when coupled with its name Rocket Ship it's just a bunch of LOLs when I warp in.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    "Thunk" is not a verb that describes anything related to a sentient/cognizant mind.

"Thunk" is an onomatopoeia. An onomatopoeia is a word that phonetically imitates, resembles or suggests the source of the sound that it describes. Onomatopoeia (as an uncountable noun) refers to the property of such words.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia and then have a peek at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_onomatopoeias#Sounds_in_fiction because we all love Herr Nightcrawler' signature 'BAMF' onomatopoeia!​​
    I thunk a lot of things... I LOVE melee combat!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    "Thunk" is not a verb that describes anything related to a sentient/cognizant mind. ​​

... What? A grammar Rommie? That's unpossible!
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Wasn't thunk something the Grinch did?

No sorry, that was stink, stank, stunk.

noun
    1. an abrupt, dull sound: the thunk of a shutting window.

verb (used without object)
    2. to make such a sound: The window thunked shut.

Geez, who would have thunk it?

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Wasn't thunk something the Grinch did?

No sorry, that was stink, stank, stunk.

noun
    1. an abrupt, dull sound: the thunk of a shutting window.

verb (used without object)
    2. to make such a sound: The window thunked shut.

Geez, who would have thunk it?
    " Do you like green eggs and ham ?" asks Sam I am. In a house or with a mouse? In a boat or with a goat? On a train or in a tree? "Do you like green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

• Options
    No, I don't.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Keep your sh**ty food coloring outta my eggs.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    A thread going... side-ways. Y-y-y-ep.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.