test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stuck on Training Cruiser, can't re-do character.

i am stuck on the federation tutorial mission, Training Cruise, i unlock the armory, grab and equip a rifle, and then i cannot seem to get any further, am i missing something? it says to secure the hall, but there are no enemies, and i cannot access the transporter room.
i also cannot really re-do this character, since this toon is a Delta Recruit that i have had sitting since they added that system, so if i delete it, i won't have a delta recruit at all.
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.

Comments

• zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Did you use the prompt to "command" the other cadets in the hall? I don't think the enemies spawn until you do that. Walk up to them after unlocking the armory and the box should appear. Hope that helps. :)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    Did you use the prompt to "command" the other cadets in the hall? I don't think the enemies spawn until you do that. Walk up to them after unlocking the armory and the box should appear. Hope that helps. :)

no option like that =(
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Does your to-do list on the right side of the screen list something else you need to do like reverse the polarity? Early missions have some captain-type-specific differences.

Check your full size map for any green circles and look at the compass at top center of screen. Maybe you went in the wrong direction, backtracked instead of moving forward.
  • knmg2189#1110 knmg2189 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem here; nothing els to do on the to-do list, no command prompt when interacting with the cadets. I’m stuck…
  • goad136goad136 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    My 6 year old had the problem a week or so ago as well.It was her first fed character.She gets stuck in the exact same spot.She recreated her toon 3 times and always gets stuck in the same spot.

Anyone know if there is a way to skip the tutorial on your first toon or not?

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    imadude3 wrote: »
    i am stuck on the federation tutorial mission, Training Cruise, i unlock the armory, grab and equip a rifle, and then i cannot seem to get any further, am i missing something? it says to secure the hall, but there are no enemies, and i cannot access the transporter room.
    i also cannot really re-do this character, since this toon is a Delta Recruit that i have had sitting since they added that system, so if i delete it, i won't have a delta recruit at all.

I think there is a button that pops up in a "bad" location, as in, you don't see it. Look all around your screen since we are able to customize our HUDs. The button goes along with the default buttons, so where ever those default buttons are at on your screen, there should be one that says something like "beam out" or "go to such and such system". Look for something like one of those or similar.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You have to follow the pop-up tutorial messages without fail - when it tells you to open the inventory and equip the rifle (or something), you have to do it exactly the way the game tells you (no shortcuts). If you don't, it gets stuck and you have to start over (delete char, create him again, and don't mess up the second time). IIRC it's only this one spot though - play normally, but be really careful when you get to this point in the game again.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    yakodym wrote: »
    You have to follow the pop-up tutorial messages without fail - when it tells you to open the inventory and equip the rifle (or something), you have to do it exactly the way the game tells you (no shortcuts). If you don't, it gets stuck and you have to start over (delete char, create him again, and don't mess up the second time). IIRC it's only this one spot though - play normally, but be really careful when you get to this point in the game again.

OP said this is a Delta Recruit, so delete and re-do isn't an option.

OP, here's my suggestion - open a ticket. Click the little question mark button by your mini-map, and "Request GM Help".

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    stupid Q but can you drop the mission and restart?
    Spock.jpg

edited January 2016
    NM you can't and it is bugged. the klinks in the hallway don't spawn
    created a bug thread in the correct forum
    Spock.jpg

• kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Had this the other day when I decided to level a Delta recruit. Turned out, the "command cadets" (or whatever) interact had failed to pop up for me (there wasn't any icon over their heads indicating they could be interacted with, either). It took me a bit of fidgety walking around to find the exact spot where the interact would pop up so I could click it. Once I did, the mission unstuck itself and everything was good.

So, I guess, maybe, just walk around the area until something pops up? :/ I wish I could give you better advice, but that was what worked for me.
    Did you search the hallway or inside the armory?
    Spock.jpg

• sj182sj182 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2016
    I just started back up again and ran into the same problem twice. However I was able to trick the game past this point.
    Put your weapons back into your inventory, go into "big display map" which is in the upper far right corner. Change instances back to day 22 I think it was. And you will reappear in the elevator, the armory door will already be open. Just run into the room to the locker and the NPC's will run out.
    edit - a word
  • zazelbyzazelby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I just started this game today, and ran into the same issue. I tried running around to find the "sweet spot" to give commands, but I couldn't find it. So I tried unequipping my weapons and switching Instances, and it got stuck on the loading screen (at 40.01%). Had to quit the game, re-verify all the Steam files (because I can't even open the game unless I re-verify everything and re-download the launcher every single time), and ... that's where I am now, waiting for it to re-download before I can see whether the fix even worked. At least it doesn't have to re-patch the entire game, just the launcher)

Edit: But once I got the game open again, that did work!

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    zazelby wrote: »
    I just started this game today, and ran into the same issue. I tried running around to find the "sweet spot" to give commands, but I couldn't find it. So I tried unequipping my weapons and switching Instances, and it got stuck on the loading screen (at 40.01%). Had to quit the game, re-verify all the Steam files (because I can't even open the game unless I re-verify everything and re-download the launcher every single time), and ... that's where I am now, waiting for it to re-download before I can see whether the fix even worked. At least it doesn't have to re-patch the entire game, just the launcher)

Edit: But once I got the game open again, that did work!

If you go to Path To Steam/steamapps/common/Star Trek Online you can create a shortcut directly to the STO executable that will allow you to run STO without launching it via Steam.
  • zazelbyzazelby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Oh, I found the shortcut (in fact, I have shortcuts to all my Steam apps), but it won't open that way, either. It bounces for a second and immediately closes, same as opening it from Steam.

(But that's not really an issue for this topic)

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I ran into this issue when I created a new character yesterday. The easiest way to fix it is by simply changing instances and running up to the guards again - at least, it worked for me!
  • miloxyunto#4434 miloxyunto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ok. I had the same issue. The problem is that the bug, if you rush things, causes the game to lag and skip the actions the recruits do. Best options are;

"Change instances by clicking the day." This may not work at first, continue doing this. Approach the cadets slowly, and once they run in, stop and wait for them to come out, do not follow them. This may require a few times, after a while it worked for me.;

"Create new character." Sometimes it will be faster to do it that way and skip ahead. If you are already attached to everything, option one is you best bet. When you create a new character take this section of the game slowly, walk, do not run, wait five seconds after each pop-up before executing the command. Pretty much act like a noob.;

"Find the sweet-spot." This only works if your computer is running at the highest grade. Don't ask why. You may need to run around the room a bit. My spot seems to be right by the guy whos closest to the locker. Once I'm there they run out. Its complicated and almost never works. This is a option you should try first, but its like 30% chance, ya know. Tbat's why I stuck it at the bottom.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    A six year old child plays this game?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hmm... one thing to consider is whether the character has the time communicator gadget yet...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg