test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

StarbaseUGC Series Now Playable

captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
Yes, it is a Holiday miracle, but the StarbaseUGC six episode series, Photonomy is up and ready to play. See here. We hope you enjoy it. In an attempt to make this series more immersive, we have added additional mission media at a special series website. This site is www.sbugcseries.com, or just click this. The mission dialog points to the StarbaseUGC website, but Wordpress is being a grinch, and will not allow entry to post. Hopefully, this will be fixed before next year, and there will truly be peace on Earth. Links are not allowed in missions, so we could not do it the easy way. For now, we hope that players will see this post.

So, if you are so inclined, please take the journey with us through Photonomy. Happy Holidays to all, and to all, a good night.
25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg

Comments

• theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm sure that it is worth playing.
    Post edited by theyredeadjim on
  • schlatnakschlatnak Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Fhs7phCl.jpg
    PHOTONOMY
    A Starbase UGC Featured Episode Series

See the ABOVE post by CaptPFDennis for access to additional media content for each episode. We hope you enjoy it.
    5M8qNRQl.jpg
    Photonomy 1: Fiat Lux
    By Castmodean
    ST-HK5VJHZZN

The culmination of a decade’s long search for justice is the starting point of a well-earned rest for your crew, and the beginning of a new journey through the darkness of fear and into the light of understanding. Witness the start of a 6 part quest to discover the root of unfolding troubles sweeping the Federation.

INCLUDES:
    *Single Fed player / Level 16+
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven

To begin, travel to the Lambda Bootis System in the Ferenginar Sector of the Alpha Quadrant
    tnzrGwrl.jpg
    Photonomy 2: Dawn’s Angry Light
    By Capt.PFDennis
    ST-HUAIJZSK8

Still in the Sol system, several starships patrol Earth’s wide security perimeter, stopping only to inspect and retask orbiting satellites in the defense grid. Several ships have experienced false alarms as various anomolies have triggered flags in the verteron scans.

Paranoia is beginning to spread as more reports of protests pour in from several Federation allied planets.

INCLUDES:
    *Single Fed player / Level 31+
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven
    *Has Space & Ground combat

To begin, travel to the Wolf 359 System in the Vulcan Sector of the Beta Quadrant
    edited December 2015
    A0Ialssl.jpg
    Photonomy 3: Lux Bellatores
    By johnnysnowball
    ST-HQI6BBA2F

The discovery of another deadly probe in Earth orbit leads to a possible clue as to their origin until a hostage crisis draws you away to Tellar Prime. The Holograms are fighting back and the safety of an entire city is in your hands.

INCLUDES:
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven with optional objectives
    *Has optional ground combat
    *Player must be able to follow dialogue instructions in order to complete optional path.

To begin, travel to the Wolf 359 System in the Vulcan Sector of the Beta Quadrant
    v1MIXiGl.jpg
    Photonomy 4: Pride & Luminance
    By johnnysnowball
    ST-HFC5ANGOW

You must meet up with the freighter Borcallan to learn who is involved in the scheme to attack Earth with deadly probes. Ralen Meese stirs up more trouble with the Photonics, forcing you to attempt a rescue mission on the moon.

INCLUDES:
    *Single Fed player / Level 31+
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven

RsmqA1Fl.jpg
    Photonomy 5: Hidden in Shadows
    By Bazag
    ST-HFRFBIJUO

The fight for holographic rights gets heated as an act of sabotage turns the passageways of your own ship into a battleground. However, that is not the only fight as Darvia mysteriously goes missing leaving you to wonder what she is up to?

INCLUDES:
    *Single Fed player / Any level
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven with optional dialogue
    *Heavy Ground and Space battles
    *Start unraveling the mysteries

VaeeIG3l.jpg
    Photonomy 6: Dying of the Light
    By drogyn1701
    ST- HMBL2H2VV

Darvia is missing! Having stolen a shuttle from your ship, she has set off to parts unknown. Pursue her to discover the resolution to the crisis that has been threatening to tear the Federation apart.

INCLUDES:
    *30 mins+
    *Story & dialogue-driven[
    *Space and Ground combat/color]

• khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Happy%2BTrek.gif
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    I've played Parts 1-3. Love how the story's gone so far, and where it seems to be going. It also has a strong ripped-from-the-headlines vibe (the first thing I thought of with the protests was Black Lives Matter), and Part 3 also touches on something that's going to be a huge issue in the next 2-3 decades, namely the fear of social disruption caused by AI (and automation more generally) eliminating jobs on a massive scale.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    How wrong of is it if in Photonomy 4 I kind of wanted to sit back and just watch TV as a proper Starship Captain for a while. :P

(proper "Holy TRIBBLE, great work!" to come when I finish 5 and 6.) :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Thanks, guys, that means a lot. Much appreciated. Glad you're having fun.

On a side note... Think i need to change my banner...
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Thanks so much. We realize it is an epic length, and a lot of reading, but Trek stories sort of demand it. We are always gratified that people are willing to spend their time playing, and especially, enjoying it. That makes all the work worth it. We also hope players have visited the site at www.sbugcseries.com, where we've posted videos to accompany the missions, in hopes of adding some extra immersion to the story. The main thing is 'Have fun." That's what it's all about, in both making and playing these missions.

Thanks again.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Finished the series, now's the time for the proper "holy TRIBBLE, that was awesome!" I loved the ideas, maps, background dialog, plot directions (we will never forget you, poor Dread Pirates), and those video extras (found something to do while lounging in the theater in photonomy 4 :P).

Fantastic job everyone. :smiley:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Many thanks. One more little video. Trailer 5.
    ok,...6
    Finished the series, now's the time for the proper "holy TRIBBLE, that was awesome!" I loved the ideas, maps, background dialog, plot directions (we will never forget you, poor Dread Pirates), and those video extras (found something to do while lounging in the theater in photonomy 4 :P).

Fantastic job everyone. :smiley:

One more mission on my "to boldly go" list and I start this series.

/moonwalk
    /airguitar
    Fiat Lux: DONE!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One can tell in the first few minutes that this one is gonna be epic. Events moved a bit quickly and the writing seemed to usher me along into a story that felt like it was moving faster than I could keep up with, but later dialogue filled in any blanks I had, particularly when it came to the Romulan probe and the Ferengi involvement.

Once the plot got to our old favorite Doctor and his political ambitions, things started to get good. This is a big one for me as I really really dislike Voyager. I seriously consider it to be the weakest Trek series, but the Doctor is actually one of the characters I didn't mind having screen time as I felt Robert Picardo performed the part well. It was easy then to wrap my head around the idea of him not only returning but of running for office. Neat idea.

The one thing I found jarring was the way my ship was suddenly careening through space on an investigation to the Ferengi warehouse district when we were already told in no uncertain terms that we were to watch over Earth for the Presidential function.

Nice balance of story and pew-pew. Great dialog, and gorgeous level design. And any game that can make me not mind referencing Voyager characters AND using Ferengi in a believable and entertaining way has props in my book.

Five more chapters you say?

Let's do 'dis!