test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 12 - The Klingon Civil War

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
So after New Dawn...they should revisit the Klingons with an all new civil war between the great houses. It's time for a new Emperor.

"They traded away our birthright so they could die in their sleep..." Lieutenant Konmel ST:TNG - Heart of Glory
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Hush now. we cant afford a civil war , why? because this team of haters will take it as a chance to disband the Empire altogether and bring us under the thumb of the federation once and for all . just to make their lives easy when it comes to faction diversity and story telling.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!! hoo-rah!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I don't think the likeliness of a Klingon Civil War has any chance of happening. For one, there is absolutely no shortage of battle to be found. Peace with the Federation has not left the Empire with a shortage of battle. In between all the threats the Empire has faced as part of the Alliance, there has nothing but wars to fight, despite the Federation supposedly preferring the path of peace :smiley:

In short, this great age of war in Star Trek Online should be bliss for Klingon warriors and gives focus for the Empire.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    So after New Dawn...they should revisit the Klingons with an all new civil war between the great houses. It's time for a new Emperor.

OR the return of an old one.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Team Iron Man.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Team Iron Man.

Ditto.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I don't think people in STO are getting much sleep. Look how many battles there have been in the course of merely a year. This probably works out to at least one fight per day. IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF STAR TREK ONLINE, THERE IS ONLY WAR.

and WAR war never changes.

• aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    S'taass for Emperor 2412!
    aethon3050 wrote: »

well that would be good cause for a civil war My warriors will Not follow a alien species.

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

Why wait to 2412, when the dagger to the Klingon's back works now... And with history written by the victors and all that, I'm sure J'mpok fought honorably and well...

And the benefit of putting the Gorn in charge is that it's very very hard to backstab him...

(This message brought to you by the campaign of Delani for Secretary of State / hidden power behind throne, as soon as dagger can be implemented)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    icsairguns wrote: »
    well that would be good cause for a civil war My warriors will Not follow a alien species.

Mutual agreement on the civil war, because I would like to see the Hegemony secede from the Klingon Empire. An empire that does not respect them does not deserve their loyalty, their technology, or their support.

Make Tholians and Breen playable, unite the Feds and Klingons, and bring on the Typhon Pact!

Mutual agreement on the civil war, because I would like to see the Hegemony secede from the Klingon Empire. An empire that does not respect them does not deserve their loyalty, their technology, or their support.

Make Tholians and Breen playable, unite the Feds and Klingons, and bring on the Typhon Pact!

unite klingons and feds!! where is the ignore button for the forums. your crazier than i am.

as far as respecting the Gorn. cant do it. but i can accept that they probably taste like alligator.

We are Klingons Aethon3050 we do not embrace other cultures we conquer them!!

unite klingons and feds!! where is the ignore button for the forums. your crazier than i am.

as far as respecting the Gorn. cant do it. but i can accept that they probably taste like alligator.

We are Klingons Aethon3050 we do not embrace other cultures we conquer them!!

I see...so that is why the Empire was so successful in conquering the Federation, and why it accepted the Romulans as partners, rather than subjects. I stand corrected, my good sir.
    you trying to compare the nonsense in this game with the shows? or are you talking about the dominion wars?

• djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    I vote General Zod For Emperor
    The True King In The North
  • scyree1scyree1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @goodscotch said:
    > So after New Dawn...they should revisit the Klingons with an all new civil war between the great houses. It's time for a new Emperor.
    >
    > "They traded away our birthright so they could die in their sleep..." Lieutenant Konmel ST:TNG - Heart of Glory

Ok, I have just created a Klingon character... As a War Race based on honour, glory in battle and bloodlust, I was surprised the dev team seems to have missed the great opportunity to connect the High Council to the Fleets or (now that we have them) Armadas.
    I think it would be amazingly cool if the Klingon Empire was governed by player's Fleet/armadas. Having said that, I believe an explanation of this concept is needed...O.o. Ok, I think the High Council could be "won" through a PvP arena (Capture and Hold would be best). Two Armadas would talk to a Special assigned NPC in the High Council to schedule a Challenge Match...
    The Winner ARmada would be proclaimed the New High council...Ruling the Empire would or should be for a term of 4 months...just a thought!
    I think it would be a good idea for the High council to be divided into 4 Aspects or Factions (Governing Fleet, Tresurery, Culture and Research?) As the Armadas are divided into 4 fleets, the main fleets of the armada get to be one of those 4 "factions" of the High Council. I suppose each "factions" would get special fleet buffs etc.

So, STO dev Team... I hope you read this and get the hint!!!! wink wink nudge nudge!!!!:P

Just a thought...
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Jumping back in on this topic. I thought that...the way Klingons advance is through someone testing a ruler or commander's weakness. They perceive weakness and they test that perception, honorably, with a duel. The victor, if it isn't the original commander or ruler, then has dibs on the now open spot. I have to believe that, if this is the case, the Empire is in a constant state of uncertainty. It's always hardened and tough, but always in a state of "which way are we going?"

The civil war theme doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Also...it's canon Trek.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Jumping back in on this topic. I thought that...the way Klingons advance is through someone testing a ruler or commander's weakness. They perceive weakness and they test that perception, honorably, with a duel. The victor, if it isn't the original commander or ruler, then has dibs on the now open spot. I have to believe that, if this is the case, the Empire is in a constant state of uncertainty. It's always hardened and tough, but always in a state of "which way are we going?"

The civil war theme doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Also...it's canon Trek.
    Isn't it ingame Lore that the House of Martok is gaining Allies with Melani Dian and their other Allies are making moves against J'mpoks allies? I also seem to remember that the Alliance between House of J'mpok and House of Duras isn't as strong as it used to be.
    That constellation sure might make for a great Klingon based story campaign (only question is how to incorporate the Feds and Romulans into such a story)

the future of the game is already written, in the current episode they have a Klingon as the federations ambassador. having a civil war now would only hasten this BS. im all for it in a normal game that respects faction diversitity but this game just wants to do away with the other factions as quickly as possible. and that is the only reason i am apposed to the idea of a civil war.

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

It's the whole house system in play, each Klingon great house has their own military forces.
    They each vie for power and Klingon politics is a dangerous game and not always stable, I could see another civil war coming
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
      well - has anyone else noticed that in the featured Episode, the Federation ambassador on the future Kitomer is a Klingon?

So what does that mean?
      Will the klingon empire submit to the Federation? I doubt it!
      Will the empiure split and some traitors join the Federation?
      Will the empire CONQUER the Federation and take their Name?
      sloppy oversight by devs?
      18 characters
      KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
      KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
      FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
      TOS: 1 tac
      all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
      all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
      highest DPS: 60.982
    • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      hugin1205 wrote: »
      well - has anyone else noticed that in the featured Episode, the Federation ambassador on the future Kitomer is a Klingon?

So what does that mean?

They're probably going off the Azati Prime episode in Enterprise , since the Battle of Procyon V was fought between the Federation and the Sphere Builders,but you saw Klingon Ships, indicating (but not exactly saying) that the Klingons had joined the Federation by this point. But again it's just conjecture on many people's part.

Then again nothing stopping Klingons from joining the Federation as a individual,I mean if you noticed the Romulan specifically said that the Romulans had joined the Federation but the Klingon didn't say that they had joined.
    • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      ruinthefun wrote: »
      rangerryu wrote: »
      They're probably going off the Azati Prime episode in Enterprise , since the Battle of Procyon V was fought between the Federation and the Sphere Builders,but you saw Klingon Ships, indicating (but not exactly saying) that the Klingons had joined the Federation by this point. But again it's just conjecture on many people's part.
      And those Klingon ships were old, too. Watch as they turn out to be OUR ships.

I could have sworn I saw a Prometheus in there too B)
      XzRTofz.gif
    • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
      When "Homefront" was being tossed around last year I was hoping they intended to explore something along these lines rather than more temporal nonsense. If they were going to recycle old tropes from series/screen I would have enjoyed a conspiracy like the one from Star Trek VI. A high level conspiracy with villains like Cartwright or Pressman composed of prominent Hawks from the three factions. I think it would have been cooler than a Krenim nerd who can't get any.
      battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
      So in this blog post
      http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9800533-star-trek-online:-passing-muster
      “Because their assistance always comes with strings! We have seen how they slowly subvert their enemies with their `assistance’. Look at how they swallowed up the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic!
      They’re little more than vassal states now to their Federation kings!”

Pretty much says that the Klingons have joined the Federation
    • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
      hugin1205 wrote: »

So what does that mean?

Well according to Agent Daniels, the Klingons did join the Federation so that's canon, even if it was in the future. Or is it not? Hmm... It was on TV so it's technically canon.
      Dahar Master Qor'aS
    • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      ktyrrell wrote: »

Isn't it ingame Lore that the House of Martok is gaining Allies with Melani Dian and their other Allies are making moves against J'mpoks allies? I also seem to remember that the Alliance between House of J'mpok and House of Duras isn't as strong as it used to be.
      That constellation sure might make for a great Klingon based story campaign (only question is how to incorporate the Feds and Romulans into such a story)

easy take inspiration from TNG kling civil war.
      except you could have the republic also stopping a new sela 2.0
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok