test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 long load time

lapisexillislapisexillis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Why does it take 10 minutes or more to beam down to DS9. Been like this for weeks.

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I concur. Docking at DS9 appears bugged for me as well, I usually need to kill the game at least twice before it will get past the loading screen.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vinnyc19vinnyc19 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah been like this for a while for me too
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    DS9... i load you long time <3
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    I stopped going to ds9, it either takes forever, locks up or both is always nice too.....
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I ended up stuck in a load screen for around 30 or so minutes today. And that's with shutting down the game and at least 4 times. Whilst some may see it as little more than an annoyance, it drives me nuts because I doff every four hours and DS9 is my starring place for various reasons. What normally takes me around am hour is now being doubled. Recently it's gotten to the point where I've just closed the game and gone to play something else.

But I'd like to say that I did speak to Trendy a few days ago about it and she did mention that the team is working on it. But it's a fairly technical problem to resolve. Or words to that effect. But the main thing is that they are working in it, hopefully a fix will be coming down the line really soon.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Any progress on this at all?
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It must be the Bajoran TSA scanning you for bombs.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I have been having this issue for some time as well.. to the point where I avoid DS9 whenever possible.

Mine loads indefinitely, I have to Alt+Tab or Ctl+Alt+Del out and kill the game from task manager and relaunch it to get into DS9. Huge pain in the butt.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hawky9001hawky9001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i had the same issue over the last few weeks. there´re some hints in the support forum but what it, more or less, fixed it for me was switching to dx9ex. while having reduced file streaming on. most of the times the loading times are normal, but when its stuck at 98%, i click the window mode button (upper right corner) and the loading is instantly done. this never worked with dx11. well, at least it works for me but there is definitly a bug here.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I had the same problem yesterday, the loading was stuck at 96%, then a black screen and finally the game crashed with a nice direct 3d error. I use dx 11. it was the first time that I had this problem.
  • lapisexillislapisexillis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    When it happens I minimize the game and look at stuff on the internet. After about 30 seconds I open the game and it's loaded.
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Yeah, its been like that for weeks. DS9 loading was always a bit irregular for me but it really became a serious issue ever since they introduced this season.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I am still seeing this myself, 5 minutes the last time I tried which was this morning. Some times I get it at ESD and Star Fleet. But nothing like DS9. Is there another trader around. Its the only reason I go. The one on the Summer event ship, well he never gives anything Im looking for ever so count him out.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You could prep and eat a sandwich before you load into DS9. And sometimes, the game will drop you anyways before you load in. This issue started right about when the current season started.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I've discovered a workaround that someone posted in another thread, and it seems to work for me:

If you see the progress counter get to 96-97% and stall, click the Maximize button in the top right corner (I run in the Windowed Maximized mode usually). I have noticed that this always clears the stalled loading immediately, as long as you wait for the loading progress to actually stall before maximizing the window. There may be variations of this method, but doing it this way has been a great relief for me. You can use Alt-Enter to get back to the Windowed Maximized mode after the loading is finished.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I haven't had problems getting onto DS9. I do play in Windows Maximized and Direct3d 9 #1. No problems getting onto DS9 with that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    It is loading fine for me and i don't have the best internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    sqwished wrote: »
    I ended up stuck in a load screen for around 30 or so minutes today. And that's with shutting down the game and at least 4 times. Whilst some may see it as little more than an annoyance, it drives me nuts because I doff every four hours and DS9 is my starring place for various reasons. What normally takes me around am hour is now being doubled. Recently it's gotten to the point where I've just closed the game and gone to play something else.

But I'd like to say that I did speak to Trendy a few days ago about it and she did mention that the team is working on it. But it's a fairly technical problem to resolve. Or words to that effect. But the main thing is that they are working in it, hopefully a fix will be coming down the line really soon.

I already opened a support ticket about it and a topic on the bug section

they better be working on it cuz its also at ESD and nimbus for me....

also in my fleet 2 others have it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    I haven't had any crash yet, but on average it takes around 20 minutes to load, 99% of that time the loading screen is stuck at 96%, then suddenly I beam into the map.
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    age03 wrote: »
    It is loading fine for me and i don't have the best internet.
    Yeah, it takes a little while longer than most, but not that long.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yep, seems the whole Alpha Quadrant is having issues now, was having the DS9 load issue since December and now Alpha Quadrant space travel is studdering....no rubberbanding just not moving at all for minutes at a time.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I've found out about a work around that works for me, so I dont know if it'll help any of you guys out. But if you go into options>graphics>Character detail distance < set this option to minimum I've not experienced single long load into DS9 for the past two days.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    sqwished wrote: »
    I've found out about a work around that works for me, so I dont know if it'll help any of you guys out. But if you go into options>graphics>Character detail distance < set this option to minimum I've not experienced single long load into DS9 for the past two days.​​

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip.
    edited January 2016
    beameddown wrote: »

your computer sucks,

why is this still a topic?

edit:
    find out what your graphic card drivers are and update them, ya I know.. work, but comon

Hey, way to be unhelpful, ignorant, and a jerk all at once.

I have the same issue at DS9 using a high end i7 4.4Ghz system with 16GB of Dominator 3 DDR and a GTX 970 FTW 4GB running the game on a Solid State SSD and the same thing happens.

Is the problem my computer genius? And yes, all drives are up to date, I have no problem anywhere else in this game ever.. no lag, nothing. I have one single problem and it's this one.

So if you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't 'contribute' to the topic.
    edited January 2016
    beameddown wrote: »

but me in an ancient lap top has no problem dropping down to DS9....

so

perhaps

there is a "gear problem" or a "internet problem"

and on top of that, would you afford me the obvious with saying this a bug problem?

SO WHAT THE F is this doing in the general forums?
    wouldn't the op be best served by taking this issue to the bug forums?

thoughts?

I believe it's a particular graphics setting.

The error does not occur on my laptop either.. ever.

On the Laptop, I run on Medium, on the PC I'm at maxed everything. My guess is there is a graphics setting that causes the issue, I should probably do some testing and see if I could find it. Theoretically, I could start with everything on minimum and then increase graphics one setting at a time until the issue returns. I might try that later today and see if I can find it.

My laptop is same as yours, never has the problem.

I don't know why the thread is here, but I know that it's also reported in the bug section. :)
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    I have been having this issue for some time as well.. to the point where I avoid DS9 whenever possible.

Mine loads indefinitely, I have to Alt+Tab or Ctl+Alt+Del out and kill the game from task manager and relaunch it to get into DS9. Huge pain in the butt.

alt+f4 also works its shorter :pensive:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Hey all thanks for the tips and ideas. Having the same problem... seems since they released the new episode that starts at DS9.

One thing I just checked and seems to be a common factor mentioned above is yes, my old laptop with low-med graphics settings and DX9 no problem, but desktop PC, far newer, graphics maxed, using DX11 is a bit of a TRIBBLE-shoot, anywhere from a few minutes or longer to exiting game with respect to DS9 loading time.

Can get kinda frustrating when you just want to drop by quickly to pick up some milk and a pack of gum.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I've brought up the issue with map load-times to our software and net team. This is affecting STO as well as NW for high-pop maps, so we're checking into it and the way new zones are spun-up.